Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud (12)

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Laughable how some have the cheek to claim Giroud hasn't won vital points for us.

Laughable how some have the cheek to claim Giroud hasn't saved our arse many times this season.

Laughable how some have the cheek to suggest there are many better backup strikers available of his quality and variety for us.

Giroud is no world beater but he is a regular French international and has qualities which help us device an alternative strategy when things aren't working out via Plan A. He is a good finisher, great in the air, has physical presence up front and decent link up play. He may not be top tier but he definitely has a lot to offer us.

I mean it is mob menatlity. not using any of the gray matter available instead following opinion like a herd. LOL

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:00 am

Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Laughable how some have the cheek to claim Giroud hasn't won vital points for us.

Laughable how some have the cheek to claim Giroud hasn't saved our arse many times this season.

Laughable how some have the cheek to suggest there are many better backup strikers available of his quality and variety for us.

Giroud is no world beater but he is a regular French international and has qualities which help us device an alternative strategy when things aren't working out via Plan A. He is a good finisher, great in the air, has physical presence up front and decent link up play. He may not be top tier but he definitely has a lot to offer us.

I mean it is mob menatlity. not using any of the gray matter available instead following opinion like a herd. LOL

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

The exact same thing could be said about Bendtner !

He won vital points for us

He saved our arse a few times, I remember some late winners and equalisers.

There were not many better backup strikers than Bendtner at the time playing for any other team.

Bendtner is a regular for the Danish national side and has a better than 1 goal every 3 game scoring ratio. He was better in the air than Giroud, had better pace than Giroud, was more mobile than Giroud and loved himself as much as Giroud. Similarly he was a decent enough Plan B.

Just saying :rolleyes:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:10 am

Comparing bendtner with giroud. First crouch now bendtner you dirty little troll i get your ass soon
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:54 am

LOL !! But Kite, am I lying though ?? Are the similarities not the same as I stated ?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:22 pm

laughable that we've never won a major with this man leading our line in 6 years.

Laughable that even as decent a back up striker he may be Wenger continuously makes him our starting striker defeating the point of him being a back up striker.

.............. to add to that last comment, Giroud is not starting because he out performs our other strikers, its because Wenger refuses to buy a striker clearly better than Giroud.

When Giroud's competition is a Perez who has been spotted less times than Big foot and Welbeck who needs to go to spec savers so he can see where the goal is (and is still only what 2 goals behind Giroud since January?).

This is why people hate Giroud, Wenger hides behind this bench and recall, bench and recall.

He benches Giroud when his limitations can't win us major games then brings him back when the other option doesn't score 5 goals a game and the cycle of sh*t continues.

This is why people want Wenger's favourite excuse gone ......... either that or BUY US A FKIN TOP STRIKER!!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

laughable that we've never won a major with this man leading our line in 6 years.

Laughable that even as decent a back up striker he may be Wenger continuously makes him our starting striker defeating the point of him being a back up striker.

.............. to add to that last comment, Giroud is not starting because he out performs our other strikers, its because Wenger refuses to buy a striker clearly better than Giroud.

When Giroud's competition is a Perez who has been spotted less times than Big foot and Welbeck who needs to go to spec savers so he can see where the goal is (and is still only what 2 goals behind Giroud since January?).

This is why people hate Giroud, Wenger hides behind this bench and recall, bench and recall.

He benches Giroud when his limitations can't win us major games then brings him back when the other option doesn't score 5 goals a game and the cycle of sh*t continues.

This is why people want Wenger's favourite excuse gone ......... either that or BUY US A FKIN TOP STRIKER!!!

Ok swap giroud with lacazette and then we will win a major trophy? Right? For you it works like this or do we need also other additions?
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:LOL !! But Kite, am I lying though ?? Are the similarities not the same as I stated ?

You are doing like bendtner is as good as giroud and that is not true and bendtner is not better in the air than giroud :rofll: brah who is the next player emil heskey
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ok swap giroud with lacazette and then we will win a major trophy? Right? For you it works like this or do we need also other additions?

Who said anything about Lacazette?

Did I once mention lacazette? no I did not.

Because of our dearth of strikers I'd say we need better than Lacazette but I'd rather Lacazette than nothing.

Lacazette and Giroud or Welbeck and Giroud? which sounds better to you?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

People who question Giroud's role in the team cant have been following Arsenal for very long. I distinctly remember fans crying out for a big box striker as a plan B in the post Adebayor era when we would get physically marked out of the box. We have such a player now and the criticism is we don't need him. Crazy talk.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:People who question Giroud's role in the team cant have been following Arsenal for very long. I distinctly remember fans crying out for a big box striker as a plan B in the post Adebayor era when we would get physically marked out of the box. We have such a player now and the criticism is we don't need him. Crazy talk.

Spot on.

We need a pacy clinical Striker but it should not come along with loss of Giroud. We need a new Striker but it doesn't mean we should get rid of Giroud. In a nutshell get a new Striker and keep Giroud as well.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 pm

If he stays he's our first choice striker thus he can f**k off
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Cripps wrote:If he stays he's our first choice striker thus he can f**k off

He wasn't in 2016-17 season
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Because of our dearth of strikers I'd say we need better than Lacazette but I'd rather Lacazette than nothing.

i said lacazette and i asked you a question
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

i said lacazette and i asked you a question

................. and I already answered it brother.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:People who question Giroud's role in the team cant have been following Arsenal for very long. I distinctly remember fans crying out for a big box striker as a plan B in the post Adebayor era when we would get physically marked out of the box. We have such a player now and the criticism is we don't need him. Crazy talk.

Spot on.

We need a pacy clinical Striker but it should not come along with loss of Giroud. We need a new Striker but it doesn't mean we should get rid of Giroud. In a nutshell get a new Striker and keep Giroud as well.

NOT spot on, at all. Very few fans I know were asking for a big target man like Giroud following Adebayor's departure. Most, including me, still want to see the return of what we've been used to: A pacy, technically sound, fast, clinical finisher. We've had that in succession until Wenger went "full r***rd" mode with the likes of Chamakh, Sanogo, Bendtner, Welbeck and Giroud. I agreee with both of you that getting such a striker shouldn't mean getting rid of Giroud. I like to have the option of him coming off the bench to give a different style to our offense. He just shouldn't be starter, that's my main problem with him (or Wenger I should say). He's a very competent footballer.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to World Football