Arshavins agent ''confirms'' Arsenal move.

Re: Arshavins agent ''confirms'' Arsenal move.

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Thats not the worst part Inch, they deliberately didn't send the forms till after the deadline, i don't think many Gooners realise just how lucky we are to have got him, not just because of his ability, but because of the fact there was serious foul play at work as well to prevent his move to us.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 pm

gunngunn wrote:Thats not the worst part Inch, they deliberately didn't send the forms till after the deadline, i don't think many Gooners realise just how lucky we are to have got him, not just because of his ability, but because of the fact there was serious foul play at work as well to prevent his move to us.

It doesn't make sense in a way.
Surely Zenit really needed the money as they'd already bought the replacement?
Or was this another religious thing?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
gunngunn wrote:Thats not the worst part Inch, they deliberately didn't send the forms till after the deadline, i don't think many Gooners realise just how lucky we are to have got him, not just because of his ability, but because of the fact there was serious foul play at work as well to prevent his move to us.

It doesn't make sense in a way.
Surely Zenit really needed the money as they'd already bought the replacement?
Or was this another religious thing?

f**k knows mate, all i know is that Zenit got cold feet towards the end of the deal, the Agent who works for us said that Zenit felt like how a Father would feel if they lost a Daughter or a Son.

After that there was another party involved with Zenit who had to sign some forms for his release, they are not involved directly but i thnk they are partial owners, i don't know, but its them who tried to f**k it.

Zenit don't need money Inch, they are a very wealthy club.

Anyway, it got very emotional apparently which is understandable and that at 4pm, the deal was OFF, hence why he said we went beyind the call of duty etc to sign him.

There is no doubt though that Arshavin has always wanted to play for Arsenal, he loves the club and this was always his first choice destination, the Agent said words to those effect.
Last edited by GunnGunn on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jgaugust » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey all,

This is my first post here so I'm happy to be joining such a great community.

I think there is something that really hasn't been mentioned about Arshavin that I find to be his best quality. Not only is he a class player, as he displayed at Euro 2008 and throughout the past 3 years in Russian, but his demeanor on the pitch is nothing short of contemptuous. It honestly seems that Arshavin simply enjoys tearing the hearts out of other teams' players and is not afraid to do it.

Some of his celebrations at Euro 2008 kind of show that and I think the way in which he reacts to moves made on the pitch won't endear him to the rest of the league, but it sure as hell will to us. He has no problem taunting other players, showing his class to them, and getting dirty if necessary. I honestly believe he is going to a fantastic player in the Premier League and am extremely excited to see him step on the pitch in the red and white.
jgaugust
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Great first post JG, welcome to the site.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheSKAGooner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm

I agree, gunngunn. I'm searching for the link now but there was an article earlier today that stated ultra-nationalist politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky even tried to scupper the deal with a public appeal to Arshavin.

Here's the English language version of the uproar among Russian nationalists over Arshavin's "betrayal"...

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20090203/119960307.html
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:54 pm

TheSKAGooner wrote:

I agree, gunngunn. I'm searching for the link now but there was an article earlier today that stated ultra-nationalist politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky even tried to scupper the deal with a public appeal to Arshavin.

Here's the English language version of the uproar among Russian nationalists over Arshavin's "betrayal"...

''Ultranationalist'' Says it all really doesn't it mate...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheSKAGooner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm

gunngunn wrote:
TheSKAGooner wrote:

''Ultranationalist'' Says it all really doesn't it mate...

Truly, it does.

I can say from personal contact though, that all my Russian friends are thrilled with the move. Even the ones who aren't Arsenal supporters.

:arsesmile:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:00 pm

About bloody Time! :arse fan:
I dont care how quick he learns english, just let him do the talking on the pitch.
Cant see him featuring against the yids, but game after Cardiff would prob be a good shout.

Welcome to all our new members, hope you guys (& girls if any) stick around, we dont bite. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby TheSKAGooner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:57 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:About bloody Time! :arse fan:
I dont care how quick he learns english, just let him do the talking on the pitch.
Cant see him featuring against the yids, but game after Cardiff would prob be a good shout.

Welcome to all our new members, hope you guys (& girls if any) stick around, we dont bite. ;)

Большое спасибо - Bolshoi spasibo. :arse flag.gif:

That's "Thanks a lot" in Russian. I might as well start throwing out a few Russian phrases for everyone here so we can at least reach out half way to Andrei.

Glad to be here, and thanks for making me...us...all the newcomers welcome.
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Lol im glad you cant hear me trying to pronounce that! :rofll:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Younggooner08 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:23 pm

just wanted to be a part of this thread :) Im glad he is finally here and its all over
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rogerthornhill » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
rogerthornhill wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Now Gunngunn and rogerthornhill can go and lie down in a darkened room for about 4 hours, gently sobbing themselves to sleep.

Inch, I'm trying to work out why I should be sobbing, this is a time for celebration. :arse flag.gif:

Relief mate, relief.
This has stressed out you two and shredded your nerves (and mine) so after all this we need to release the stress.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Naaah, not at all, I've got nerves of steel, when I was in school I was known as Rockfist Rogan, square-jawed superhero. :biggrin:
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Now i have images in my head! :rofll:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Vladminir Zhirinovsky on England:

"Why have you sold out to an English club? England has only caused our country harm," said Vladimir Zhirinovsky on the LDPR official website.

Our conmen run around there..."

Whoa, whoa, whoa, if I can just stop you there 'Vlad'. :think:

The key word in your opening remarks would seem to be "our"

It's almost like your next door neighbour driving a stolen car through your front room window, and then complaining the next day that you haven't gotten rid of it

:rolleyes:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads