Arshavins agent ''confirms'' Arsenal move.

Re: Arshavins agent ''confirms'' Arsenal move.

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Welcome HorseMachine (?!)
We owe this signing to you obviously.
Why not introduce yourself in the intro's thread?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:56 pm

HorseMachine wrote:My first ever post:

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

I cracked open a beer to celebrate.

I've been holding back saying anything on here out of fear of any type of jinx.

Nice to meet you all though =]

haha, great to finally have the news its official!

Welcome to the forum, why not introduce yourself in the introduction section when you get time :)
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby HorseMachine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Trina wrote:
HorseMachine wrote:My first ever post:

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

I cracked open a beer to celebrate.

I've been holding back saying anything on here out of fear of any type of jinx.

Nice to meet you all though =]

haha, great to finally have the news its official!

Welcome to the forum, why not introduce yourself in the introduction section when you get time :)

Will get on to that now! this beer is going very fast. Chances are I'm going to suffer cold turkey from turning off sky sports news (probably like most of you i've had it on for the past few days constantly)
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheSKAGooner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey all...

I lived and worked in Russia for 2 years (Moscow and Saint Petersburg) and very much hope to return soon. I speak Russian VERY badly (just been darn tough for me to pick up), but can read/write much better. All of my friends in Russia are Russians (not Expats...bleh!). I can say from experience that Russians, even when they speak English well, are sometimes hesitant to speak with native English speakers. Give him a little time to loosen up. It's been reported that he doesn't have great English as yet, but that will change pretty quickly. He's a bright guy, and he'll get the hang of it. Our squad have quite a few internationals who I'm sure will help him along in the adjustment, not only with language, but the social things as well.

From my Russian friends I can say they're all excited for Andrei. Some are not overly thrilled he's coming to Arsenal...hey, not EVERYONE has the privilege of loving the Gunners...but they are thrilled he'll be playing in the Premiership. They see this a tremendous positive for their National team going forward by the increase in competition he'll be facing and how that will add to the Russian side.

One thing many outsiders and naysayers forget is that Andrei Arshavin will IMPROVE under Wenger's tutelage. He'll grow in the scope of his skills, and he'll be paired with some absolute top notch talent. He already brings quality to the side, but it's how he'll grow with us that excites me most. We're going to have some very special moments in the next couple years with Andrei roaming the pitch in Red & White.
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby the real gooner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Just got in what a relief. Back cover of the London Evening Standard that I had on the tube suggested there might be a problem. We should have signed more imo but if the rumoured deal £12m plus add ons is true that's a great price. Standard says Zenit were ringing round all through negotiations trying to get someone to up the price!
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 pm

gunngunn wrote:I am waiting for Ads and his marvellous optimism to come and set us straight.

Hahahah I was just reading all that I missed and came up with this. Mate I wish I would have been here to fill you with my optimism but I had some family things to take care of.

gzagee wrote:ADS, continue producing your Arshavin sigs!!!

I was producing em since Friday! My source was comepletly flawless on this one. I do think this was genius though and never got the love it deserved!

Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby arseman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 pm

that's brilliant!! :hail:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:18 pm

This thread isn't finished.

One of the Arsenal guys involved in the transfer, he is an agent has just been on SSN. He said that we have paid a lot more than the prices being quoted, he said he will not deny the transfer cost upwards of £16 million.

He also said we were so close at around 4PM to not signing him and that Arshavin was getting really upset, sitting with his head in his hands that is might not happen.

He also said that Arsenal went beyond the Call of Duty to sign Arshavin and that there were various hands on the Russian side of the deal that did not want the deal to go through hence a delay in the paperwork.

Well done Arsenal i say.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dubgooner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:18 pm

arshavin will bring a smile back to cesc, and maybe wenger will drop eboue to the reserves.
dubgooner

Postby rogerthornhill » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Inchpractice wrote:He hasn't spoken to Pavyluchenko because he's not a friend of his. :rofll: .

"But I will invite him to my hotel where I will meet him" :biggrin:
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
gunngunn wrote:I am waiting for Ads and his marvellous optimism to come and set us straight.

Hahahah I was just reading all that I missed and came up with this. Mate I wish I would have been here to fill you with my optimism but I had some family things to take care of.

No worries mate :Peace:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby kahn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm from Australia and its 5:20am here and ive been up reading about the deal being on and off from u guys for the last couple days (mornings) ;). I kinda feel the need to say thanks you guys kept me up to date as I obviously dont have UK news here etc. So glad that Arshavin is finally a gunner, i think this will finally be our turning point in what has to be said as a dissapointing season thus far.

Nice to meet you all and ill get around to doing the intro thing soon :) cheers!
kahn
Liam Brady

Postby rogerthornhill » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Now Gunngunn and rogerthornhill can go and lie down in a darkened room for about 4 hours, gently sobbing themselves to sleep.

Inch, I'm trying to work out why I should be sobbing, this is a time for celebration. :arse flag.gif:
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:33 pm

gzagee wrote:His English isn't great?? Mate, it's a damn sight better than Pavlyeacjkhov's!! I thought his English was great, considering Russians don't usually like to speak English.

Ok ok I'm not slagging him off I'm just saying that compared to people like Clichy, RVP, Almunia etc. he's not as comfortable yet with English but all credit to him for trying because it's a pretty scary thing to give your first ever interview with a club in a language you're not comfortable in.
Eduardo didn't do that and neither did Denilson or Vela.
He doesn't come across as thick or anything it's just that you can tell he wanted to express himself better than he was.
As I said I blame the idiot doing the interviewing for using words like 'specifically' just to confuse the poor man. :crazy:

gunngunn wrote:This thread isn't finished.

One of the Arsenal guys involved in the transfer, he is an agent has just been on SSN. He said that we have paid a lot more than the prices being quoted, he said he will not deny the transfer cost upwards of £16 million.

He also said we were so close at around 4PM to not signing him and that Arshavin was getting really upset, sitting with his head in his hands that is might not happen.

He also said that Arsenal went beyond the Call of Duty to sign Arshavin and that there were various hands on the Russian side of the deal that did not want the deal to go through hence a delay in the paperwork.

Well done Arsenal i say.

I had a feeling it was down to Zenit, what a bunch of twunts!

rogerthornhill wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:He hasn't spoken to Pavyluchenko because he's not a friend of his. :rofll: .

"But I will invite him to my hotel where I will meet him" :biggrin:

Don't spoil it mate. I was trying to make out that he hated the Spuds already. :sneaky:

kahn wrote:Hey guys, I'm from Australia and its 5:20am here and ive been up reading about the deal being on and off from u guys for the last couple days (mornings) ;). I kinda feel the need to say thanks you guys kept me up to date as I obviously dont have UK news here etc. So glad that Arshavin is finally a gunner, i think this will finally be our turning point in what has to be said as a dissapointing season thus far.

Nice to meet you all and ill get around to doing the intro thing soon :) cheers!

Welcome dude, glad we could keep you updated. That's what we're here for.
rogerthornhill wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Now Gunngunn and rogerthornhill can go and lie down in a darkened room for about 4 hours, gently sobbing themselves to sleep.

Inch, I'm trying to work out why I should be sobbing, this is a time for celebration. :arse flag.gif:

Relief mate, relief.
This has stressed out you two and shredded your nerves (and mine) so after all this we need to release the stress.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Fordy, do you believe me now?
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads