Arshavins agent ''confirms'' Arsenal move.

Re: Arshavins agent ''confirms'' Arsenal move.

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Igmalian wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Igmalian wrote:The other rumour I read was Bendtner plus £5m for Upson - YES PLEASE!!!!!

You're joking I hope?! :shock:

Why?

Upson is class, and Kolo is obviously not happy here after putting in a transfer request, also I really don't rate Bendtner or see a future for him at Arsenal!

Firstly, Kolo is going nowhere, secondly Wenger never buys back old players, it's his policy, thirdly Upson aint that great. One good international game doesn't suddenly make him a top player worth £8m - £10m.
He got a bit of extra hype because of the England performances but before that no-one even noticed him and with good reason.
Fourthly Djourou is faster and arguably better and we have plenty of CB's at the moment.
Fifthly (?) Wenger disagrees with you about Bendtner and he has a pretty amazing track record.
Sixthly we can't really afford to be selling strikers at the moment when we have two of them injured.

You need more...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:49 pm

gunngunn wrote:http://thegoonerforum.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/wenger-in-for-arseshavin-photo-proves-he-is-coming/

It was only a matter of time before that happened....

:arse flag.gif:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby thebish » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Firstly, Kolo is going nowhere, secondly Wenger never buys back old players, it's his policy, thirdly Upson aint that great. One good international game doesn't suddenly make him a top player worth £8m - £10m.
He got a bit of extra hype because of the England performances but before that no-one even noticed him and with good reason.
Fourthly Djourou is faster and arguably better and we have plenty of CB's at the moment.
Fifthly (?) Wenger disagrees with you about Bendtner and he has a pretty amazing track record.
Sixthly we can't really afford to be selling strikers at the moment when we have two of them injured.

You need more...?

yeah... we need a seventhly - that just might swing it! ;)
thebish

Postby Igmalian » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Firstly, Kolo is going nowhere, secondly Wenger never buys back old players, it's his policy, thirdly Upson aint that great. One good international game doesn't suddenly make him a top player worth £8m - £10m.

He must have been noticed to get the England call-up in the first pace, and being at West Ham he's not going to be in the public eye as much but I heard plenty of people talking about him and regarding the price he's english so his value is automatically over inflated!

Inchpractice wrote:Djourou is faster and arguably better and we have plenty of CB's at the moment.

I like Djourou but is he ready to be permanent CB as he's still very young, and I don't think we do have enough experienced CB's

Inchpractice wrote:Wenger disagrees with you about Bendtner and he has a pretty amazing track record, we can't really afford to be selling strikers at the moment when we have two of them injured..

We have plenty of options up front and Bendtner has hardly proved himself, in my opinion!

Inchpractice wrote:You need more...?

Not really mate, I was only giving my opinion that i thought it was a good deal! didn't want it to turn into and long debate!! :biggrin:
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby damo1583 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:45 pm

I'd Pay West Ham £5m to take Bendtner off our hands........... He is Donkey!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Igmalian wrote:

He must have been noticed to get the England call-up in the first pace, and being at West Ham he's not going to be in the public eye as much but I heard plenty of people talking about him and regarding the price he's english so his value is automatically over inflated!

Inchpractice wrote:Djourou is faster and arguably better and we have plenty of CB's at the moment.

I like Djourou but is he ready to be permanent CB as he's still very young, and I don't think we do have enough experienced CB's

Inchpractice wrote:Wenger disagrees with you about Bendtner and he has a pretty amazing track record, we can't really afford to be selling strikers at the moment when we have two of them injured..

We have plenty of options up front and Bendtner has hardly proved himself, in my opinion!

Not really mate, I was only giving my opinion that i thought it was a good deal! didn't want it to turn into and long debate!! :biggrin:

Yes he was noticed to get into the England set-up but he's not first choice for England and he wouldn't be first choice for us so why bother with him?
Even Silvestre is better.

No Djourou isn't ready to be a starting CB but Upson wouldn't be either.
If Kolo left - which I seriously doubt will happen - Silvestre would be the natural choice to replace him.

Who are these plenty of options up front then?
Without Bendy there's only Ade & RVP! What happens when they're injured?
No Theo, no Eduardo yet! What options?

Why don't you want a big long debate, that's what forums are for? :dontknow:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Alot of players on our squad aren't first choice for their respecitive countries. Including Cesc.

And Eduardo will be back soon, and we have Vela. I think we could do without Bendnter and buy another CB myself. Not saying Upson, would definately like someone better, but I don't see who is available now, maybe in the summer though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:57 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Alot of players on our squad aren't first choice for their respecitive countries. Including Cesc.

And Eduardo will be back soon, and we have Vela. I think we could do without Bendnter and buy another CB myself. Not saying Upson, would definately like someone better, but I don't see who is available now, maybe in the summer though.

Cesc is a bit of a strange situation internationally because the Spain boss doesn't feel that he defends as much as his colleagues so he's kind of first choice quality but he has to be rotated according to the opposition.

Anyway it's true that Eduardo will be back soon but we don't know when and we don't know to what extent he'll regain his original form so it's a bit of a risk to include him in our calculations at the moment.
Vela is fit but not ready for Prem action yet and certainly not ready to cover for long periods of injury.
Imagine what would happen if Bendy was sold and Ade was out for 3 months or at the ACON.
You'd have Vela and RVP up front which is quite a lightweight combo.

Bendy and Ade are the only two big tall strikers that we have so if Bendy leaves you really need another target man/big player.

As for the CB role, I don't see why we necessarily need one. We have Gallas, Toure, Silvestre, Djourou and Song if we need him plus Senderos on loan.
Ok you could argue that there's not much height there but we can always swap Tweety for someone with height. As it stands we have plenty of back up though.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 pm

@ Inchy: Iggie probably doesn't want a long debate cos he knows your rep for debating and longing things out!!! (Can't say I blame him) ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Our record is a reason why we need a new CB, too many goals allowed, can you not see that? Like I said before, with our injuries and uncertainty of a couple of players, we need to fill about 3 positions, either for starters or backups. Another wide player, a CDM, and at least one great CB. I know thats not realistic all at once, but I think thats what we need. And if everyone including Rosicky comes back fit and to form, then we have a really great squad me thinks.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:08 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Our record is a reason why we need a new CB, too many goals allowed, can you not see that? Like I said before, with our injuries and uncertainty of a couple of players, we need to fill about 3 positions, either for starters or backups. Another wide player, a CDM, and at least one great CB. I know thats not realistic all at once, but I think thats what we need. And if everyone including Rosicky comes back fit and to form, then we have a really great squad me thinks.

Yes of course I can see that but I blame it on the lack of DM not on the CBs.
When we've conceded goals recently people have pointed the finger at our CBs but often there wasn't much they could've done about the goals.
As I said a few months ago, of the 8 goals we'd conceded up to that point 6 of them were scored from outside the area i.e. in front of the back four - just where the DM is SUPPOSED to be.

I'm not saying the CBs are flawless but they're the same two that did well last year and the only thing that's changed is the lack of DM in front of them. They didn't suddenly become talentless.
Bad form is only temporary in relation to Kolo.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ScottishLass » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Igmalian wrote:

Yes he was noticed to get into the England set-up but he's not first choice for England and he wouldn't be first choice for us so why bother with him?
Even Silvestre is better.

No Djourou isn't ready to be a starting CB but Upson wouldn't be either.
If Kolo left - which I seriously doubt will happen - Silvestre would be the natural choice to replace him.

Who are these plenty of options up front then?
Without Bendy there's only Ade & RVP! What happens when they're injured?
No Theo, no Eduardo yet! What options?

Why don't you want a big long debate, that's what forums are for? :dontknow:

Theres only one big long thing on my mind just now so I wont be posting yet, I'll be back on once I come home to leave my take on this though Inchy ;).
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby damo1583 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Our Cb's lack quality in the air and both none of them are dominant enough.
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:13 pm

ScottishLass wrote:Theres only one big long thing on my mind just now so I wont be posting yet, I'll be back on once I come home to leave my take on this though Inchy ;).

Is that the same big long thing that I'm looking at here?
:sneaky2:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

ManUre went the last two seasons without a 'big tall target man'.
We won in 03/04 with Kanu in backing up.
We only need one big target man, the way we play isn't really all about whipping in crosses from the wings for our strikers to put their heads on it.
Indeed, I'd say all we need are for a widemen to put in pinpoint crosses or centres for our forwards to get on the end of. Ade/Bendy aren't all that great at heading anyway. They're okay but not your Shearer's or Dogbra's.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads