Marouane Chamakh

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Postby Popey » Fri May 21, 2010 6:40 pm

finally the deal is done. wow! can't believe it happen.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri May 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Breaking news!!!!!

After signing Chaaaaaamaaaaaakh says its his life long dream to play for Barca
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Popey » Fri May 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Breaking news!!!!!

After signing Chaaaaaamaaaaaakh says its his life long dream to play for Barca

haha :lol:

I though he said that arsenal was his club. didn't he support arsenal? :dontknow:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Morocco striker Marouane Chamakh on an unspecified long-term deal.

The 26-year-old, who had been linked with the Gunners since last summer, is to join on a free transfer when his contract with Bordeaux expires.

In February he revealed Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal had all been in touch with him about possible moves.

"Without any hesitation, Arsenal was my preferred club," said Chamakh, who hit 79 goals in eight years at Bordeaux.

"My goal was to join Arsenal out of all the English clubs because it is a club that makes me dream and I have been a fan since I was a child," he continued.

"We have many great players at Arsenal and I will be giving everything to help the team win trophies next season."

Although born and raised in France, Chamakh qualifies for Morocco through his parents.

606: DEBATE
He respects how lucky he will be to pull on the Arsenal shirt...we need a few more of him!

Denilsons dance instructor

He was part of the Morocco side that reached the final of the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations and has scored 27 goals in 53 appearances for his country.

"Chamakh is a striker of real quality and has all the attributes suited to come to England and do very well," Gunners manager Arsene Wenger told the club's website.

"He is also a fighter, not only a good football player, but a fighter as well. He is very good in the air and also a good team player. He is a great addition to our squad."

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis added that he was "delighted" the north Londoners had beaten off much competition to sign Chamakh.

"Arsene has been following his progress for some time and has identified him as a player that will add significant strength to our squad," Gazidis commented.

"We're delighted that Marouane has chosen Arsenal ahead of the many other clubs that were interested in him."

© BBC Football

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Moroccan international striker Marouane Chamakh has joined the Gunners on a long-term contract.

Chamakh (26), who joins Arsenal from French side Bordeaux, made a total of 293 appearances, scoring 79 goals during his eight years with Les Girondins.

In the 2008/09 league campaign, Chamakh scored 14 goals, helping Bordeaux win the French League title, thus ending Lyon’s seven-year domination of Ligue 1. The Moroccan striker’s fine form continued last season, playing an integral role in helping Bordeaux reach the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League, where they finished above both Bayern Munich and Juventus in the Group Stages.

Born and raised in France, but playing international football for Morocco through his parentage, Chamakh has made 53 appearances for the north African country, scoring 27 goals, and was part of the side which reached the Final of the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted that Marouane Chamakh has joined us. He is a player we have admired for some time now and I know he will provide our squad with great quality. Chamakh has proved he is a great player with his performances for Bordeaux and Morocco in recent seasons and we’re all looking forward to him joining us.

"Chamakh is a striker of real quality and has all the attributes suited to come to England and do very well. He is also a fighter, not only a good football player, but a fighter as well. He is very good in the air and also a good team player. He is a great addition to our squad.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Chamakh said: “This is a dream come true and a great joy to be joining Arsenal. My goal was always to play in the Premier League and Arsenal was the choice of my heart.

“Without any hesitation, Arsenal was my preferred club. The team and history of Arsenal, they make me dream. My goal was to join Arsenal out of the all the English clubs because it is a club that makes me dream and I have been a fan since I was a child.

“I’m very excited about playing at Emirates Stadium in front of the Arsenal supporters. I have heard many great things about the stadium and I cannot wait to be playing there in an Arsenal shirt.

“I will give my best to this Club, the Club that I used to support. We have many great players at Arsenal and I will be giving everything to help the team win trophies next season.”

Ivan Gazidis, Chief Executive of Arsenal Football Club added: “Arsène has been following the progress of Marouane Chamakh for some time and has identified him as a player that will add significant strength to our squad. We’re delighted that Marouane has chosen Arsenal ahead of the many other clubs that were interested in him.”

Chamakh, who will wear the number 29 shirt for Arsenal, will join up with his new team-mates for pre-season training in July.

© Arsenal.com

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Arsenalvs007 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7EV1yi3mHI

Chamakh is a Great Player........
Arsenalvs007
Patrick Vieira

Postby Massa » Fri May 21, 2010 8:13 pm

How old do you wanna look Wenger.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 pm

'I am happy to be a gooner'

That's our Chamakh!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Forest » Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 pm

yeah woooo chamakh! yeah woooooooo!

see AW was right, we did sign someone before june 6th!
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockin' Robin » Fri May 21, 2010 8:23 pm

gunner2018 wrote:yeah woooo chamakh! yeah woooooooo!

see AW was right, we did sign someone before june 6th!

I thought he said June 11th, but yeah! :lol:
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Marouane Chamakh

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri May 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Been playing golf, didn't get in til about 7.45, only just seen that he was signed today. Let's just hope he's not our only signing this summer. Hopefully him and RVP will form a great partnership!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Fri May 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Massa wrote:How old do you wanna look Wenger.

Wenger threw together quite the combo fashion wise.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Always_a_gooner » Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 pm

wenger does look stressed though lool
needing a haircut aswell
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenalvs007 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:50 am

Arsenalvs007
Patrick Vieira

Postby singaporegooner » Sat May 22, 2010 8:11 am

Now that he's here..hope he remembers to score with his head and not just play preeety football and tap-ins :)
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads