i dont think you'd call many wenger signings 'men'
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Postby InvincibleGunners » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:53 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Wenger always gets his man! Lol

"lol" all you like, I just can't take your word for it with no real evidence.

Wenger's a shrewd buyer of players and I for one am grateful, with a stadium to pay off how f**ked would we be paying 30mill for Berbatov/Shevchenko?! (Just two of the big flops that the other big 4 buy)

By "Wenger always gets his man" I mean he gets the type of player he wants to fill a role, not just go after the big name/price tag.

Case in point, Melo. He chose Juve over Arsenal, fair enough. Arsene will find a DM with the qualities he wants and there's plenty of places to look (If he wants to buy a DM).
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fordy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:56 pm

InvincibleGunners wrote:

Wenger's a shrewd buyer of players and I for one am grateful, with a stadium to pay off how f**ked would we be paying 30mill for Berbatov/Shevchenko?! (Just two of the big flops that the other big 4 buy)

By "Wenger always gets his man" I mean he gets the type of player he wants to fill a role, not just go after the big name/price tag.

Case in point, Melo. He chose Juve over Arsenal, fair enough. Arsene will find a DM with the qualities he wants and there's plenty of places to look (If he wants to buy a DM).

He didn't last year and there's only the same players out there that there was last year.
Fordy

Postby Popey » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:52 pm

this source is claiming that we will sign him this weekend.

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2 ... k-end.html

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby InvincibleGunners » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Fordy wrote:
InvincibleGunners wrote:

He didn't last year and there's only the same players out there that there was last year.

i know but for right or wrong that was Wengers choice!
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby liam_cork » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

i dont agree at all. wenger has missed out a shitload of times for the sake of a few quid, its already happened a couple of times in this window alone
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TartanRaven » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:08 pm

liam_cork wrote:i dont agree at all. wenger has missed out a shitload of times for the sake of a few quid, its already happened a couple of times in this window alone

Wenger does a fine job. His style is proven, and serves the long run and not instant gratification. I once again point to the times when Manchester was calling for the sacking of Alex Ferguson for the same reasons. Patience pays.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 pm

TartanRaven wrote:
liam_cork wrote:i dont agree at all. wenger has missed out a shitload of times for the sake of a few quid, its already happened a couple of times in this window alone

Wenger does a fine job. His style is proven, and serves the long run and not instant gratification. I once again point to the times when Manchester was calling for the sacking of Alex Ferguson for the same reasons. Patience pays.

Yeah and money talks, but we don't seem to have any...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TartanRaven » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:12 pm

gunngunn wrote:
TartanRaven wrote:

Well, Emirates wasn't a donated stadium after all. Who pays for that? The team, or is it paid for by regional taxes? I have no idea....in the US, taxpayers pay for stadiums whether they are sport fans or nae.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 pm

TartanRaven wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
TartanRaven wrote:

Well, Emirates wasn't a donated stadium after all. Who pays for that? The team, or is it paid for by regional taxes? I have no idea....in the US, taxpayers pay for stadiums whether they are sport fans or nae.

The clubs revenue pays for the stadium which was bought with a low interest 25 year loan i think...

Our debt is very manageable however and our profit is more than enough to cover servicing the debt plus leaving extra for transfers but we still seem to be skint...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby liam_cork » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:21 pm

i never said it was wengers fault? an wenger's style? drawing up a list of 3 or 4 plays an takes 4th choice cos the board are skint
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:21 pm

Don't really want Chamakh, that's it really.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 pm

The fact we cannot compete for the world's best is not the making of the manager. He does very, very well with what he's given. Not only that but he does better than any Mark Hughes, [all the] Chavs managers, Benitez or Fergie can do given the same situation.

Even now no-one can say with hand on heart that we'll definitely drop out of the top 4 come end of season, what with our perceived impotence in the transfer compared to clubs.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Theo14Cesc4 wrote:Don't really want Chamakh, that's it really.

i've not paid any attention to the french league at all, so i know nothing of this player. and when i try looking the guy up on youtube and other websites, i haven't really seen anything that makes me think 'wow, let's make this guy a definate purchase!'

anyone got any good links? (i'm feeling very lazy)
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:34 pm

dj_jonty_uk wrote:
Theo14Cesc4 wrote:Don't really want Chamakh, that's it really.

i've not paid any attention to the french league at all, so i know nothing of this player. and when i try looking the guy up on youtube and other websites, i haven't really seen anything that makes me think 'wow, let's make this guy a definate purchase!'

anyone got any good links? (i'm feeling very lazy)

Bendtner is better than him, i think thats all you need to know...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads