https://theathletic.com/2003602/2020/08 ... ed_article
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Jonathan Dinzeyi

Postby Zenith » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Arsenal.com

Jonathan Dinzeyi joins the club

Jonathan Dinzeyi has joined Arsenal on a professional contract.

The 20-year-old joins us as a free agent and will join up with our under-23s and academy players ahead of the new season.

The London-born defender who predominantly operates in central defence, developed through Tottenham Hotspur’s Academy, where he played until recently.

We all welcome Jonathan to Arsenal and look forward to supporting him with his continued development.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Jonathan Dinzeyi became the third player to sign for our under-23s this summer when he joined us from Tottenham Hotspur on Monday.

The young defender is suited to the modern game with his ability to play out from the back, but above all else, he loves keeping clean sheets.

We spoke to Dinzeyi after signing - and this is what he said:

on how it feels to join the club…
It’s a great feeling. Arsenal is a massive club and they were actually the first club I supported as a child. They have a great history and with the new manager coming in who likes to play a lot of young players, I think it’s a great opportunity for me to show the fans and the coaching staff what I’m about. I’m really excited to get started now.

on how he would describe his style of play…
I’m a ball-playing centre half. I love to tackle and win headers and keeping clean sheets for me is vital. If I don’t then it really hurts me. I just love doing my job.

on whether he’s excited to link up with any players…
Tyreece John-Jules and Folarin Balogun, I’ve played against them a few times and they’re really good. I’m looking forward to playing with them this time!

on his targets for the season…
Right now I just want to start as many games as possible with the under-23s and in the long run hopefully be involved in some cup fixtures with the first team. Who knows what could happen after that? It’s just about proving myself with the under-23s right now and taking any opportunity that’s given to me.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: Jonathan Dinzeyi

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:55 pm

alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Jonathan Dinzeyi

Postby Zenith » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:44 pm

Also released.