ARTETA OUT

ARTETA OUT

Postby Time4Change » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Why we would give a rookie manager this job is beyond me. Painfully out of his depth and we are only delaying the inevitable. Imo we should have just gone for Ancelotti
Time4Change
Patrick Vieira

Re: ARTETA OUT

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:42 pm

I like this guys train of thought
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Thread closed in 3..2..1

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Hard to find any arguments against this thread tbh
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Ridiculous thread at this point.
He managed the club for 10 games and inherited a load of shit. We can't just keep changing manager after manager. This club needs a rebuild from top to bottom and it's going to take years if not decades to compete for the title again.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm

I don't agree with wanting Ancelloti at all, painfully clear like Mourhino, Ancelloti is past his best and going into retirement mode.

We needed a Nagglesmann or something of the like, a Simeone.

Someone who has cut their teeth at other teams and has found their identity and philosophy.

.......... unfortunately with Arteta when you hire a person who's never managed before we're going to have to go through all the growing pains and we are not Lincoln FC, we're Arsenal, we can't afford to go through 3 years of rookie mistakes.

I knew this was a terrible idea.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Simeone has been pretty shit tbf recently. For a couple of years tbf

No idea about that naggeldude

Ancelotti was the guy. He's done brilliant at Everton.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:03 pm

I wanted Allegri tbf :hiding:
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Ach wrote:Simeone has been pretty shit tbf recently. For a couple of years tbf

Well yeah we missed Simeone's prime as well, this is the issue, we're missing our chances with all the managers, Klopp, Simeone all of them.

Simeone though may actually need a fresh challenge, he peaked at Athetico, maybe needs a new opportunity?

Ethier way, our crap board only want cheapy yes men, they don't want winners.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Well yeah we missed Simeone's prime as well, this is the issue, we're missing our chances with all the managers, Klopp, Simeone all of them.

Simeone though may actually need a fresh challenge, he peaked at Athetico, maybe needs a new opportunity?

He does need a new challenge. He's done brilliantly at Atletico but since he lost that second final to Ronaldo, he seems demotivated. The team hasn't been as good. Real and Barca are pretty shit this season and both miles ahead of Atletico who are struggling for top 4. Even the season they won the Europa was cos they flopped in the cl.

Would we be satisfied with the awful football he plays? I mean Arteta football is diabolical as was wengerball. Simeone is arguably worse but he will stabilise the team defensively.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:14 pm

You are not allowed to have doubts after 4-5 months in a manager. even though its common in Europe and rest of the world managers getting sacked after 4-5 months. Not saying sack him. But we have every right to question him and his tactics and decisions. I think this thread should stay open. cause we know a mod will allow it after 5-6 games next season anyway.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Ach wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He does need a new challenge. He's done brilliantly at Atletico but since he lost that second final to Ronaldo, he seems demotivated. The team hasn't been as good. Real and Barca are pretty shit this season and both miles ahead of Atletico who are struggling for top 4. Even the season they won the Europa was cos they flopped in the cl.

Would we be satisfied with the awful football he plays? I mean Arteta football is diabolical as was wengerball. Simeone is arguably worse but he will stabilise the team defensively.

Simeone has authority and ideas, his 4-4-2 defensive / hard counter is at least a solid idea and philosophy.

What I'd give for Arsenal to replicate Aheltico of 2-3 years ago, belief, solid strategy, every player knew wtf they were doing.

........... just fkin anyone tbh, any manager with a clear identity and idea plus authority to get sh*t done.

Arteta was bought in to say "Yes sir, please sir" and basically just train and coach the crap players our pencil pushers decide to bring in.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Godlop wrote:Ridiculous thread at this point.
He managed the club for 10 games and inherited a load of shit. We can't just keep changing manager after manager. This club needs a rebuild from top to bottom and it's going to take years if not decades to compete for the title again.

It is if we don't sign a proper manager. ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Time4Change » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:17 pm

themessiah wrote:I wanted Allegri tbf :hiding:

Allegri is my first choice too(after Ragnick who has just agreed to join Milan) but Ancelotti seemed more likely. Allegri imo is a better version of Conte and hes apparently been learning English for over a year now. My fear however is that Raul is holding the club hostage and is afraid to hire a serious manager who will call him out/challenge him
Last edited by Time4Change on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time4Change
Patrick Vieira

Postby Time4Change » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:20 pm

I really wish we targeted Ralf Ragnick when Wenger left. We could have had him as a temporary manager for like two years and then brought in someone like Marco Rose. Then Ragnick could have been moved upstairs as our sporting director and Raul binned. We really missed a trick there and AC Milan are gonna reap the rewards
Time4Change
Patrick Vieira

Next

Return to Past competitions and posts