The Manager Referendum

Unai REMAINERS (IN)
10%
Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
90%

Total votes : 105

Re: Emery Out

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Santi wrote:Lacazette is our best player and our best goalscorer, Auba, does so much better with him on the pitch. He should play 80 mins every game unless we are 4-0 up.

Subbing Ozil was a statement from Emery and it backfired, now he looks like a dumb f**k.

Agreed. Laca coming deep to collect the ball was driving us forward those first 30 mins and his touch and control made that first goal for Auba - who looked half the player when Laca came off.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Hope the mods do the right thing
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cannoner » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:16 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Cannoner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:+ more i think about it the decision to sub Ozil at half time was awful. Yes he was a ghost but imagine what that will do for his confidence. Will only add fuel to the fire and cause unrest in the camp. Should have kept him on and subbed him off at 55 mins if he didn't improve. School boy man management tbh

Ahhh there we have it. There's the real reason you made the thread. Cause you're an Ozil fanboy.

look back through my posts. Ozil has to go, overpaid, inconsistent, and a big game bottler. Was invisible first half. But to sub him at 45 mins today is poor man management imo. Something Unai has been criticised for at previous clubs.

No he hasn't. Still lying.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Newman123 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Mods delete this thread please. It's Emery's first bloody season.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Yago » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:25 pm

I have to agree. Dropping points is to be expected with a subpar squad like this, so our league table position isn't that bad, though still disappointing. The big issue here however is that we consistently play like absolute shit. Wenger last year level shit. No cohesion, no good combinations, lucky escapes all over. Nothing convincing at all. Most other teams, including those under us in the ranking at least have a clear system. We have nothing. His 1 saving grace were his subs, but lately they've been awful too and he's started to make bad decision after bad decision. starting with 2 pure DMs already didn't feel right and was resulting in dross on the pitch, but now he moved to 3 DMs, with another one ending the Brighton game as a winger. The days of a Song - Wilshere - Fabregas midfield are far behind us, that much is clear. and it's not like that defensive mindset makes us any more solid in defense - it's just as bad. They are just much worse at everything else. It's best described as omnishambles.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Today was probably the most arsene wenger performance since he left. I blame koscielny. When everyone was getting wound up in the first half and 'having a go', kos was telling everyone to calm down and being 'too nice'. I think emery will give up on kos once other CBs are available.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Yago wrote:I have to agree. Dropping points is to be expected with a subpar squad like this, so our league table position isn't that bad, though still disappointing. The big issue here however is that we consistently play like absolute shit. Wenger last year level shit. No cohesion, no good combinations, lucky escapes all over. Nothing convincing at all. Most other teams, including those under us in the ranking at least have a clear system. We have nothing. His 1 saving grace were his subs, but lately they've been awful too and he's started to make bad decision after bad decision. starting with 2 pure DMs already didn't feel right and was resulting in dross on the pitch, but now he moved to 3 DMs, with another one ending the Brighton game as a winger. The days of a Song - Wilshere - Fabregas midfield are far behind us, that much is clear. and it's not like that defensive mindset makes us any more solid in defense - it's just as bad. They are just much worse at everything else. It's best described as omnishambles.

i have to agree with this 100%

3 DM's is an absolute madness
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Yago » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Newman123 wrote:Mods delete this thread please. It's Emery's first bloody season.

If only you were Utd's owner, Moyes would still be managing them - it would only be his 5th season after all. f**k off. Managers don't get a free first year. They have to show something for it. Wenger got a lot of leeway because of his past success, something Emery doesn't have here. And he shouldn't have gotten that mind you. And still, Emery isn't performing any better.
Yago

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Lol he was widely criticised at PSG for his lack of control over the big names. The debacle with Neymar and twitter spat with the wags springs to mind. One of the big questions for me when he came was how would he handle our big name players and get the best out of them... so far he seems to have pissed of Mesut and hasn't worked out how to get the best out of Auba or Laca yet
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Anyone watch him at Sevilla or Valencia? Did the guy like pace and proper wingers.

I know he might not have a say in transfers but if It had of been me I would have insisted on buying a winger and keeping nelson to.

I would like to no if we have no wingers because of him because that is f***ing criminal going into a pl season without at least one proper wide player.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Sims wrote:
Yago wrote:I have to agree. Dropping points is to be expected with a subpar squad like this, so our league table position isn't that bad, though still disappointing. The big issue here however is that we consistently play like absolute shit. Wenger last year level shit. No cohesion, no good combinations, lucky escapes all over. Nothing convincing at all. Most other teams, including those under us in the ranking at least have a clear system. We have nothing. His 1 saving grace were his subs, but lately they've been awful too and he's started to make bad decision after bad decision. starting with 2 pure DMs already didn't feel right and was resulting in dross on the pitch, but now he moved to 3 DMs, with another one ending the Brighton game as a winger. The days of a Song - Wilshere - Fabregas midfield are far behind us, that much is clear. and it's not like that defensive mindset makes us any more solid in defense - it's just as bad. They are just much worse at everything else. It's best described as omnishambles.

i have to agree with this 100%

3 DM's is an absolute madness

This is what frustrates me the most. Happy to give him time but after 7 months I would expect him to have decided what formation and personnel he wants to play.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Today was probably the most arsene wenger performance since he left. I blame koscielny. When everyone was getting wound up in the first half and 'having a go', kos was telling everyone to calm down and being 'too nice'. I think emery will give up on kos once other CBs are available.

Only you could blame this game on Koscielny, f***ing hell. He did 0 wrong.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:35 pm

Santi wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Today was probably the most arsene wenger performance since he left. I blame koscielny. When everyone was getting wound up in the first half and 'having a go', kos was telling everyone to calm down and being 'too nice'. I think emery will give up on kos once other CBs are available.

Kos was our best defender imo, the agenda against him has always been proper weird
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:35 pm

All the more reason to get rid of Wenger midway last season and have a new manager the rest of the season to have a look at the squad

That has to be done this season

Ridiculous to call for his head but I guess agendas have to be met
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Sims wrote:
Santi wrote:

Kos was our best defender imo, the agenda against him has always been proper weird
When leno was manhandled everyone was getting proper angry. Earlier in the season the opponents and ref would have been intimidated.

Step up 'nice guy' kos to protect the ref and tell sokratis to calm down. I was screaming 'shut up and get out of the way' at the tv/kos!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts