The Manager Referendum

Unai REMAINERS (IN)
10%
Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
90%

Total votes : 105

Re: Emery Out

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am

Phil71 wrote:News from Spain this morning says a source close to Luis Enrique reckons he was approached by Arsenal a few weeks ago before he took the Spain job. So we've been working behind the scenes for some time by the look of it.

We're always the last to know. I think they were looking at Mourinho as a possibility as well.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:25 am

jayramfootball wrote:He's gone as well as all his useless coaches that he brought in.

Freddie remains and will be caretaker manager

Actually looking forward to Ljungberg for a bit, his attacking mindset should suit our top players.

Tbf with Laca and Auba not signed because of Unai, that would of irked the board financially as well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:He's gone as well as all his useless coaches that he brought in.

Actually looking forward to Ljungberg for a bit, his attacking mindset should suit our top players.

Tbf with Laca and Auba not signed because of Unai, that would of irked the board financially as well.

He's been fairly anonymous so far and hasn't brought anything to our play.
He actually has to take some responsibility too.
It may have been that Emery shut him out or just didn't listen to him - who knows.
I think we may move quickly to appoint a new manager - in fact, it shows again how badly run our club is. We should have already done the deal for a replacement. Look at Spurs - it took literally a few hrs. Maybe we've already got our new manager lined up, but it would not surprise me if we're at the starting gate.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:31 am

First of all, good ebening....and good night.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It may have been that Emery shut him out or just didn't listen to him - who knows.
I think we may move quickly to appoint a new manager - in fact, it shows again how badly run our club is. We should have already done the deal for a replacement. Look at Spurs - it took literally a few hrs. Maybe we've already got our new manager lined up, but it would not surprise me if we're at the starting gate.

Time will tell whether Spurs have got it right. I don't think they've made the right choice with Mourinho. It looks like they panicked and appointed someone that was desperate and willing to say anything for a top job.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:35 am

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Time will tell whether Spurs have got it right. I don't think they've made the right choice with Mourinho. It looks like they panicked and appointed someone that was desperate and willing to say anything for a top job.

Maybe, but it's 2 wins in 2 games so far and above that, his team have shown some real fight. There are clearly problems there too, but fighting till the last minute to win games is not one of them.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby immsun » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:35 am

Sacked

Yes Yes Yes Yes

Official Statement

https://www.arsenal.com/news/unai-emery-leaves-club
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:38 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Maybe, but it's 2 wins in 2 games so far and above that, his team have shown some real fight. There are clearly problems there too, but fighting till the last minute to win games is not one of them.

You know what....how about enjoy this moment for second. We can debate this another time. :arsenal3:
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby #ST » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 am

f**k yessssss
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:42 am

At last we got rid of him, took us long enough!

As for Ljungberg, he's totally untested so he's not proven anything, hopefully we don't take too long to appoint someone.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 am

A Rioch-esque period in the history of the club.

Onwards and upwards.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:48 am

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You know what....how about enjoy this moment for second. We can debate this another time. :arsenal3:

Enjoyment is the wrong word - I am more hopeful we appoint the right manager, but waiting to see.
My measure for being positive is as it was with Emery - 1st transfer window. If the new manager offloads a LOT of players and begins a total rebuild and change to the culture, then i'll be positive. Emery's biggest mistake was not purging every last element of Wenger - and it came back to bite him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby keremistanbul » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:50 am

aaa Good ebenning, aaa we have to improve, we had chance to score, we have to improve our defence
keremistanbul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:52 am

Power n Glory wrote:Time will tell whether Spurs have got it right. I don't think they've made the right choice with Mourinho. It looks like they panicked and appointed someone that was desperate and willing to say anything for a top job.

Much as we'd all love you to be right that's clearly bollocks ... just look at the positive media coverage, the immediate fans buy-in, the players comments - Jose is a c*** but he's now their c*** ... players will be queuing up to join them come the summer, our only hope is that they don't qualify for the CL not that it will make that much difference.

There isn't a manager available now who could do that for us, anyone on the shortlist we've seen will split the fan base, we need to hang on until the summer and see who's available then.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:56 am

FRODO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts