Postby Ach » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Could be worse. Could have Pochettino
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Re: Emery Out

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Godlop wrote:
BS221B wrote:About time Sir Mikel Arteta to take over and show us some good football.

Arteta would be wonderful but it will be Luis Enrique since he's the proven guy in Raul's eye and they worked together at Barca.

what the hell makes arteta a wonderful option? the guy has no managerial experience

i swear we have the weirdest fan base ever. ozil who has been largely disappointing over the past few years is viewed as a prime zidane, people are clamouring for wenger the dinosaur to come back, fans wanted arteta to take charge despite having done zilch as a manager

weird bunch we have.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:15 pm

I suspect any firing would be the morning after a match like this evenings. International break coming this week so it gives both the club and players a couple weeks to settle in a bit even without much time at Colney together.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:17 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:I still don’t have a fecking clue what he’s saying???

Well, it sounded like one thing he said was we have to take our performance today into the game against Southampton.

But he can’t have said that. Could he?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Kike Marin says it’s confirmed we’re on the hunt for a new coach

Bad news is Raul has contacted Luis Enrique
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:21 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I suspect any firing would be the morning after a match like this evenings. International break coming this week so it gives both the club and players a couple weeks to settle in a bit even without much time at Colney together.

I would tell him the coach is for Arsenal staff and make him walk home from Leicester in the rain lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I suspect any firing would be the morning after a match like this evenings. International break coming this week so it gives both the club and players a couple weeks to settle in a bit even without much time at Colney together.

A well run club would do so. But I fear they will wait and sack him in 3-4 games. Timing matters next 3 matches are Southampton home, Norwich away and Brighton home. You want to give a new manager good start so the team can get going. They have been gifted the perfect time and fixture coming up to make change now
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:
BS221B wrote:About time Sir Mikel Arteta to take over and show us some good football.

Arteta would be wonderful but it will be Luis Enrique since he's the proven guy in Raul's eye and they worked together at Barca.

what the hell makes arteta a wonderful option? the guy has no managerial experience

i swear we have the weirdest fan base ever. ozil who has been largely disappointing over the past few years is viewed as a prime zidane, people are clamouring for wenger the dinosaur to come back, fans wanted arteta to take charge despite having done zilch as a manager

weird bunch we have.

Arteta speaks English, has perfect hair, is a leader, is not Mourinho and understands football. (To expand on the most relevant point he understands the system Emery is trying to grasp now.) How could that be worse than Emery?

That said, I suspect that Arteta is going to take over City in a year or two.
Last edited by Pat Rice in Short Shorts on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Godlop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:

weird bunch we have.

We are not finishing inside the top four this season anyway so getting a young manager that learned from the best in the world and is spoken of highly by many Man City players is a great thing.
Also he knows the club, was the Captain of the team that ended our trophy drought and he actually speaks english.
Besides that his wages wouldn't be that high so we could get rid of him if needed next summer.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Sims wrote:Kike Marin says it’s confirmed we’re on the hunt for a new coach

Why is that bad news?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:24 pm

is luis enrique any good? can he build a defence?
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:

weird bunch we have.

You are the weirdest of the lot mate.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Enrique had one great season with Barca but he also had Neymar, Messi and Suarez fit for almost the whole season.

Besides that he was bang average at Rome and Celta.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:Kike Marin says it’s confirmed we’re on the hunt for a new coach

Why is that bad news?

He has worse career than emery outside of Barca and don’t speak English. I’m very skeptical
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts