Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
90%

Total votes : 105

Re: Emery Out

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Godlop wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:
BS221B wrote:About time Sir Mikel Arteta to take over and show us some good football.

Arteta would be wonderful but it will be Luis Enrique since he's the proven guy in Raul's eye and they worked together at Barca.

what the hell makes arteta a wonderful option? the guy has no managerial experience

i swear we have the weirdest fan base ever. ozil who has been largely disappointing over the past few years is viewed as a prime zidane, people are clamouring for wenger the dinosaur to come back, fans wanted arteta to take charge despite having done zilch as a manager

weird bunch we have.

We are not finishing inside the top four this season anyway so getting a young manager that learned from the best in the world and is spoken of highly by many Man City players is a great thing.
Also he knows the club, was the Captain of the team that ended our trophy drought and he actually speaks english.
Besides that his wages wouldn't be that high so we could get rid of him if needed next summer.

ill respond to you and Pat Rice in Short Shorts in one post.

the idea that arteta could be a good manager just has no ground. last season when pep got banished to the stands in two different games arteta took charge on the sidelines and he was awful, city lost both games and their fans were screaming and shouting at the fact he sat on his hands and done nothing. if you're going with the notion that he knows the club, ole knows man utd- how has that turned out?

it's one thing putting out some cones as an assistant but another actually taking the reigns at a club. by both your standards paul clement should have been a top manager but how has he fared? he's worked under some of the best managers in our era. if a manager as experienced as unai can't solve our predicament id hate to think how a rookie would fare.

this fan base is so sentimental and melodramatic it makes me sick sometimes, and honestly sometimes i think to myself we deserve everything we're getting. its that kind of sentimental garbage that's got us into this mess in the first place cause fans couldn't let go of wenger.

i mean if there was clamour for someone like vieira i'd get it.... he has at least managed a club. but arteta has managed a grand total of 0 games. if we want to take a risk on a young manager then someone like eddie howe should be the young risky candidate, not an absolute rookie like arteta.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:
BS221B wrote:About time Sir Mikel Arteta to take over and show us some good football.

Arteta would be wonderful but it will be Luis Enrique since he's the proven guy in Raul's eye and they worked together at Barca.

what the hell makes arteta a wonderful option? the guy has no managerial experience

i swear we have the weirdest fan base ever. ozil who has been largely disappointing over the past few years is viewed as a prime zidane, people are clamouring for wenger the dinosaur to come back, fans wanted arteta to take charge despite having done zilch as a manager

weird bunch we have.

You are the weirdest of the lot mate.

hahaha are you still not over the fact i owned your arse a couple of weeks back in that debate and you gave up :rofll:

i been on here a few months now and it's clear no-one likes you, says a lot :rofll:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:

weird bunch we have.

We are not finishing inside the top four this season anyway so getting a young manager that learned from the best in the world and is spoken of highly by many Man City players is a great thing.
Also he knows the club, was the Captain of the team that ended our trophy drought and he actually speaks english.
Besides that his wages wouldn't be that high so we could get rid of him if needed next summer.

the idea that arteta could be a good manager just has no ground. last season when pep got banished to the stands in two different games arteta took charge on the sidelines and he was awful, city lost both games and their fans were screaming and shouting at the fact he sat on his hands and done nothing. if you're going with the notion that he knows the club, ole knows man utd- how has that turned out?

it's one thing putting out some cones as an assistant but another actually taking the reigns at a club. by both your standards paul clement should have been a top manager but how has he fared? he's worked under some of the best managers in our era. if a manager as experienced as unai can't solve our predicament id hate to think how a rookie would fare.

this fan base is so sentimental and melodramatic it makes me sick sometimes, and honestly sometimes i think to myself we deserve everything we're getting. its that kind of sentimental garbage that's got us into this mess in the first place cause fans couldn't let go of wenger.

i mean if there was clamour for someone like vieira i'd get it.... he has at least managed a club. but arteta has managed a grand total of 0 games. if we want to take a risk on a young manager then someone like eddie howe should be the young risky candidate, not an absolute rookie like arteta.

Take a bow.

I'm tired of managerial witch hunting. Emery can go, I don't care anymore.

I just want the replacement to fit with us long term because our club is officially now in crisis, we have a very poor roster and we need serious improvements which will take years to really come good. We need only those now who care for this club to stand up and those who don't care to f**k off.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Godlop wrote:

weird bunch we have.

Take a bow.

I'm tired of managerial witch hunting. Emery can go, I don't care anymore.

I just want the replacement to fit with us long term because our club is officially now in crisis, we have a very poor roster and we need serious improvements which will take years to really come good. We need only those now who care for this club to stand up and those who don't care to f**k off.

as the best poster on the forum, who would be your no1 choice to replace emery?
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:Kike Marin says it’s confirmed we’re on the hunt for a new coach

Bad news is Raul has contacted Luis Enrique

Why is that bad news?

Because Luis isnt that good either.

Raul needs to stop bringing in incompetent Spanish coaches into the club.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Luis Enrique is basically pep
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:01 pm

the pros of enrique seem to be:

- got the best out of MSN so he could make auba, laca and pepe into a monster front 3
- has an attacking philosophy so we'd at least have a style of play
- won the champions league so isn't a europa league tier manager
- messi says he's the 2nd best manager he's ever played for after pep
- speaks pretty good english (there's a video on twitter confirming this)

cons:

- done it with barca and had messi at his disposal
- doubts over whether he'd fix the defence
- people see him as another emery

f*ck knows tbh. wouldn't be my first choice but can't be worse than what we have surely?
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Ach wrote:Luis Enrique is basically pep

Without the charisma, knowledge, desire and language
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm

gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:Luis Enrique is basically pep

Without the charisma, knowledge, desire and language

https://twitter.com/WorldwideAFC/status ... 9621524480
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Holdini wrote:

Theres a few.

Vieira, van Bronkhorst and even though i'm not 100% sold on him Allegri.

Even someone like Eddie Howe could work even with all the young players we have coming in. Seems like good fit. Although we may go though a season being top 8 until he really becomes effective.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Holdini wrote:

Id say either Rafa Benitez or maybe Nuno Espírito Santo
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Holdini » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:31 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Holdini wrote:

Theres a few.

Vieira, van Bronkhorst and even though i'm not 100% sold on him Allegri.

Even someone like Eddie Howe could work even with all the young players we have coming in. Seems like good fit. Although we may go though a season being top 8 until he really becomes effective.

if raul and edu sack emery soon ill have so much respect for them. it will mark the final step in our move towards being a modern club... the old arsenal would wait and dither, if we give emery the chop we'll be joining the managerial merry go round and ive been waiting a long time for this. thats the way football is nowadays, with our new model we can bring someone in and if it doesn't work get rid and get someone else in. eventually we'll stumble across the right guy.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Allegri speaks terrible English. Cant cope with that again. Its got to be a coach who commands respect and speaks good English
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm

“When they scored the first goal, maybe that’s when we lost the opportunity to do something in that match.”

What the f**k?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zanatos3 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Manuel Pellegrini ?

The Engineer . . .

EPL Tried & Proven,

Tactically SOUND!, Man City attacking DNA is Arsenal Attacking DNA

EPL WINNER

Not to Old...just 66