Cohen Bramall

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Cohen Bramall

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:39 am

Great story rooting for him massively
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:06 am

What's the point in buying this guy? Totally unnecessary. These kind of opportunities should be given to an academy prospect or someone we poach from la masia. Not some pubber who has never played beyond the seventh division. Makes no sense to me.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:33 am

Arsene Nose wrote:What's the point in buying this guy? Totally unnecessary. These kind of opportunities should be given to an academy prospect or someone we poach from la masia. Not some pubber who has never played beyond the seventh division. Makes no sense to me.

the academy players are sh1t and we dont have a left back for the u23....thats why he is signed
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:19 am

Also Leicester won the league last year by giving a chance to some pubber instead of playing la masia rejects
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:30 am

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/n ... g-12405690

Video of rabana cross is in this article
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm

gooney wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:What's the point in buying this guy? Totally unnecessary. These kind of opportunities should be given to an academy prospect or someone we poach from la masia. Not some pubber who has never played beyond the seventh division. Makes no sense to me.

the academy players are sh1t and we dont have a left back for the u23....thats why he is signed

So we went and bought a sprinter instead?
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Pudpop wrote:Also Leicester won the league last year by giving a chance to some pubber instead of playing la masia rejects

You hit the nail on the head. That's why we've done it. Because our penny pinchers can't stand the thought that another club pulled a rabbit out of a hat before they did and now want to replicate that feat. Are you telling me there is no aspiring left back at a top academy they could've poached instead?
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Pudpop wrote:Also Leicester won the league last year by giving a chance to some pubber instead of playing la masia rejects

You hit the nail on the head. That's why we've done it. Because our penny pinchers can't stand the thought that another club pulled a rabbit out of a hat before they did and now want to replicate that feat. Are you telling me there is no aspiring left back at a top academy they could've poached instead?

No but I also won't jump the gun on saying we won't buy one of those left backs in the summer
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:23 pm

Clubs dont sign players just for the first team. We have already 2 left backs and more than likely will buy one more. Here yo have a 20 year old who showed some good attributes that maybe the coaches think they can work with. For 40k.....why not. Is he blocking anyones route? Do you guys really think wenger was in the window for a left back for the first team and thought I am gonna sign this guy cause monreal and gibbs are not good enough? I am for this and much more signings. In general as a club we simply dont sign enough players.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

agreed

our youth team has a severe lack of left backs so why not?
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:02 pm

gooney wrote:Clubs dont sign players just for the first team. We have already 2 left backs and more than likely will buy one more. Here yo have a 20 year old who showed some good attributes that maybe the coaches think they can work with. For 40k.....why not. Is he blocking anyones route? Do you guys really think wenger was in the window for a left back for the first team and thought I am gonna sign this guy cause monreal and gibbs are not good enough? I am for this and much more signings. In general as a club we simply dont sign enough players.

Mate, Gibbs and Monreal are both in their 30s. Gibbs is not going to get a new deal and will likely leave. Bramall is not 15 or 16 years old. He's 20 which means he can only play for the u23s and first team at this point. He's also on a 4 year deal which means in about a year or two he can't even play for the u23. What we've seen in the past is these pure athletic types don't make it at Arsenal of the post invincible era. Ox, Walcott, Jenkinson are all good athletes who can't compete technically at the top of the league. You pretty much make that claim in every post of yours. Why will it be any different with Bramall? I'm all for giving an underdog a chance but this is way too ambitious.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Gibbs is 27..
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Cripps wrote:Gibbs is 27..

Fair enough. Good catch. My point still stands that he'll be off for a starting spot at another club.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:25 pm

For the money or the lack of it he comes for i say why not.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football