Wenger Inn...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Wenger Inn...

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:25 am

Zenith wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote: Lets give him until January 2019 then. Give mikki and auba chance to adapt and give him the summer to sign a DM and CB. If he doesn’t then wait til January. Then criticise him if we still don’t have a CB and DM.

He deserves one last chance.

WTF - We're nearer relegation than the title .... our players are running down contracts .... our stadium is half empty ... WE ARE FECKED .... and still some deluded fools say this? how brainwashed can you be?

Let me refer you to this post.

:arse fan: fair enough .... thought he'd gone insane ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 am

:grin:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:49 am

Wenger In !!! I want 5 more years of this at least.

I have an appointment with a dominatrix every day next week, hope she kicks me in the nuts good !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Denis_E » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:Wenger In !!! I want 5 more years of this at least.

I have an appointment with a dominatrix every day next week, hope she kicks me in the nuts good !

That would still be bettet than watching this arsenal ‘team’
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Actually

I've changed my mind.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm

theHotHead wrote:Wenger In !!! I want 5 more years of this at least.

This is for picking gallas up off the pitch
This is for leaving arshavin out the fa cup semi final
This is for having almunia as number 1 for 3 years
This is for mismanaging the Monaco tie
Please mistress
I don't want another
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Callum wrote:My own personal opinion is that whilst this run is relatively short, and that there is a long way to go this season, there's something about the side this season that gives me some confidence that we're on the verge of something special. The Ozil signing has been vital, as it not only has brought a genuinely world class player to our club, but it's elevated us in terms of status. We are no longer a selling club, and we are prepared to spend when we need to - it is a signing that made the rest of Europe take notice. It has lifted the players and the fans, and there's a certain aura around the club that hasn't been here since the Invincibles. This side has a long way to go until it can be compared to those great players but it is, in my eyes, the first time in a decade that we will be feared by our opponents.

It has felt over the last few years that teams have seen Arsenal as something of a soft touch, and that if you rough us up a bit then you'll might end up victorious. Those days appear to be behind us - not only do we have a very good defense, but there seems to be a mentality amongst the side that was missing in years gone by. The players seem to love playing together and get on well, and when we suffer setbacks in games we are now able to hold out and grind out results in the way that we used to do.

Wenger, for all of his faults. has been building the side for two years as far as I can see it. The sales of Nasri and Fabregas hurt him, I'm sure, as did the 8-2 at Old Trafford. He could have walked away at that point and given up on his vision for this club, and he would have had his fair share of suitors. Instead, for better or for worse, he's rode out the storm and I truly hope we are coming through to the promised lands. His faith in older players, such as Arteta and Mertesacker, has added some stability to our side. The likes of Koscielny and Giroud have grown as players until his tutelage, despite coming from modest footballing backgrounds. His faith in Aaron Ramsey, amongst all others, seems to have resulted in us having one of the best young midfielders in Europe dominating games for us. It's all starting to look quite rosy and I really, truly hope that Wenger can bring the glory days back to Arsenal and stick two fingers at all those who mocked and laughed at him, and those who walked away.

:shifty:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Will there be a next generation of Arsenal Fans? :think:

2018-03-04-‘Wenger Out’ sign appears at cricket match in South Africa-PEAK BANTA ERA-Son is Livers Fan & has a Wenger In Sign-Next Generation Lost.jpg

Can't even pass it down anymore.

Would you pass failure on to your son? :hiding:

..... :cold2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby redordead » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 am

Tony_Adams wrote:
Callum wrote:My own personal opinion is that whilst this run is relatively short, and that there is a long way to go this season, there's something about the side this season that gives me some confidence that we're on the verge of something special. The Ozil signing has been vital, as it not only has brought a genuinely world class player to our club, but it's elevated us in terms of status. We are no longer a selling club, and we are prepared to spend when we need to - it is a signing that made the rest of Europe take notice. It has lifted the players and the fans, and there's a certain aura around the club that hasn't been here since the Invincibles. This side has a long way to go until it can be compared to those great players but it is, in my eyes, the first time in a decade that we will be feared by our opponents.

It has felt over the last few years that teams have seen Arsenal as something of a soft touch, and that if you rough us up a bit then you'll might end up victorious. Those days appear to be behind us - not only do we have a very good defense, but there seems to be a mentality amongst the side that was missing in years gone by. The players seem to love playing together and get on well, and when we suffer setbacks in games we are now able to hold out and grind out results in the way that we used to do.

Wenger, for all of his faults. has been building the side for two years as far as I can see it. The sales of Nasri and Fabregas hurt him, I'm sure, as did the 8-2 at Old Trafford. He could have walked away at that point and given up on his vision for this club, and he would have had his fair share of suitors. Instead, for better or for worse, he's rode out the storm and I truly hope we are coming through to the promised lands. His faith in older players, such as Arteta and Mertesacker, has added some stability to our side. The likes of Koscielny and Giroud have grown as players until his tutelage, despite coming from modest footballing backgrounds. His faith in Aaron Ramsey, amongst all others, seems to have resulted in us having one of the best young midfielders in Europe dominating games for us. It's all starting to look quite rosy and I really, truly hope that Wenger can bring the glory days back to Arsenal and stick two fingers at all those who mocked and laughed at him, and those who walked away.

:shifty:

You need therapy mate
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby redordead » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Boo
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Andrew » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Not the performance of a team that wants the manager to be sacked .
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:44 pm

might be the performance of a team that are desperate for CL football next year and know this is the only way to do it though
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby starmandb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Andrew wrote:Not the performance of a team that wants the manager to be sacked .

The performance of a team that want to win a trophy
What they should be doing every time they step on a football pitch
starmandb

Postby Losmeister » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm

starmandb wrote:
Andrew wrote:Not the performance of a team that wants the manager to be sacked .

The performance of a team that want to win a trophy
What they should be doing every time they step on a football pitch

this.
your job as a footballer is to play as well as possible and do what needs to be done to win.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk