WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Popey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:25 pm

but I agree that a good DM back-up would be great. if song gets injured we are f***ked. denilson and diaby are not good DM.
Image

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
User avatar
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8218
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19765
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.




Although I'm not in the our depth is suddenly better boat. Fergie doesn't play his youngsters as much as Wenger does, so no, I don't think they have gained as much as experience as ours do.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35696
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Popey wrote:
Fordy wrote:so last year you had no deph and this year you sold 2 and bought 1 and now you have depth :think:


our depth has more quality. look at nic, song, denilson, ramsey and co. much better than last year. touré and ade didn't make the team stronger. touré made stupid mistakes and ade wasn't that good. I mean, if cesc gets injured and ramsey play for him you don't see such a big difference as last season. the same with song. for me song is a new player compared to last season. gibbs also made some big steps forward that you don't need to worry if clichy would be 2 weeks injured.

I'd agree with all that. All a year older, and a year wiser ( apart from Diaby :? ), and the team spirit has definitely improved, which is also a very important factor.

I would have loved a 25 year old PV4 to come in, but it didn't happen, but we are a better team now than we were in April this year, and hopefully Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott and co will all play the best part of the season. I know the injuries is a bit of a tired excuse, but it's fact. Rosicky would walk into any team in the Prem...if he could walk more than 10 paces without rupturing his hernia...

Our main rival ManU is def. weaker, so are Liverpool. Sadly ManCity look like they'll be giving us some problems, and at the moment it looks like chelsea will walk the title...but we are stronger.
User avatar
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.




Although I'm not in the our depth is suddenly better boat. Fergie doesn't play his youngsters as much as Wenger does, so no, I don't think they have gained as much as experience as ours do.


Why do you reckon Fergie doesnt play his youngsters as much as Wenger does?
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19765
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.

They don't get games. They will have gotten older, but they have no match experience. All/most of our youngsters have big match experience, and some have played 100-200 games for us!

You get the experience from playing in games with your future team mates.
User avatar
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.




Although I'm not in the our depth is suddenly better boat. Fergie doesn't play his youngsters as much as Wenger does, so no, I don't think they have gained as much as experience as ours do.


Why do you reckon Fergie doesnt play his youngsters as much as Wenger does?


I know why, but thats not the point that was trying to be made was it?
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35696
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:34 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.




Although I'm not in the our depth is suddenly better boat. Fergie doesn't play his youngsters as much as Wenger does, so no, I don't think they have gained as much as experience as ours do.


Why do you reckon Fergie doesnt play his youngsters as much as Wenger does?


I know why, but thats not the point that was trying to be made was it?


No, but it is the bloody point isnt it. You hit the nail on the head. Fergie doesnt play his youngsters much compared to arsenal...... because he doesnt f***ing need to because he has a better, deeper squad. He knows that keeping a shallow squad like we do is foolish.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19765
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Why do you reckon Fergie doesnt play his youngsters as much as Wenger does?

Because they're shit? ;)
User avatar
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.




Although I'm not in the our depth is suddenly better boat. Fergie doesn't play his youngsters as much as Wenger does, so no, I don't think they have gained as much as experience as ours do.


Why do you reckon Fergie doesnt play his youngsters as much as Wenger does?


I know why, but thats not the point that was trying to be made was it?


No, but it is the bloody point isnt it. You hit the nail on the head. Fergie doesnt play his youngsters much compared to arsenal...... because he doesnt f***ing need to because he has a better, deeper squad. He knows that keeping a shallow squad like we do is foolish.


I agree with all that, but thats not what we were talking about silly. I was just trying to make a small point that I do believe some of our younger players grow more throughout the course of the season cause of the experience/chances they get more than other teams.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35696
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby IMF » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:38 pm

InTheNorthBank wrote:
IMF wrote:FFS!! Last match I was at; I sat next to some bloody French blokes who didn't sing, shout, scream or anything. They just sat there and watched the match without making a noise the c*nts!!

Because of that... WENGER OUT!!! lol


Actualy come to think of it...the Emirates does have a slight garlic smell to it these days...f**k it, I'm off to Stamford Bridge! :rofll:


While we're on our way; we'll shave our heads, bash some minorities on the streets and join the BNP as well. :cloud9:
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
User avatar
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Cheese » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thats it. Patience is all gone. If this is the board's fault and not Wenger's then he needs to come out and say so. But generally the board have always insisted there is money available and I believe there is. £40M earned this summer in fees. The highest matchday income in the country. ANd we were either assured or lied to that the stadium would not have a detremental effect on the club's ability to buy players.

This is NOT a knee jerk thing, I have been trying to avoid doing this for a very long time.

This is from my very first post on this forum, dated Jan 16th 08

My opinion on Wenger: The man is a living, breathing god... but his one fault is that he is too principled. He's got nothing to prove to anyone. To be where we are in the league with that squad is amazing. Now he should change his mind and spend some of his vast transfer fund. I believe the squad is too small to win the league, but that two or three experienced players would make the team unbeatable.


A little while later, Eduardo's leg is all over the St Andrews pitch, a few other injeries as well, and we blew what should have been our league that year.

This year its the same. It is clear as day that the squad is too light to really challange. We have back up but its not of a high enough quality or with enough experience. AGAIN he has failed to learn lessons and do what was needed.

I have said this before... This is our longest trophyless period for 22 years.

George Graham won more trophies than Wenger has when you take into consideration the amount of games he was in charge for and the amount of major trophies won under him.

We have seen so many first team players leave I have lost count. Good players. Every season we are riding our luck and last season we rode it too far. Villa only dropped away because they were awfal in the second part of the season. Partly because their squad wasnt big enough. We now have City to worry about as well. And we have the same squad as last year (minus one of our main strikers of course who we sold to....City.

Thanks for the memories Arsene, but thats all they are mate. You have nothing more to offer. You are not irreplacable. No-one with your recent record is.

A very good, true and honest post there.
I however certainly don't want Wenger gone. I'm not sure if it's because i still believe in him, or maybe i fear where we would end up without him. Perhaps a bit of both if i'm honest.
I do believe we are in a stable position and will move in the right direction.
I don't believe Wenger's lack of spending is totally down to stubboness. Wenger loves this club and i think he'd do anything to get us back to the top. But maybe he's scared if he buys big and fails, not only could Arsenal have finacial problems but we'd be no better off than we are now.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15075
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Cheese » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:45 pm

foxy wrote:You know what UFGN i would have told you that i disagree with everything in your post last week. This week however my patience has ran dry and I for one am completely fed up with AW and his "experiment".

This isn't one of Arsene Wengers "experiments" for f**k sake.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15075
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
No, but it is the bloody point isnt it. You hit the nail on the head. Fergie doesnt play his youngsters much compared to arsenal...... because he doesnt f***ing need to because he has a better, deeper squad. He knows that keeping a shallow squad like we do is foolish.

1. Edwin Van der Sar, 2. Gary Neville, 3. Patrice Evra, 4. Owen Hargreaves, 5. Rio Ferdinand, 6. Wes Brown, 7. Owen, 8. Anderson, 9. Berbatov, 10. Rooney, 11. Giggs, 12. Foster, 13. Park, 14. Tosic, 15. Vidic, 16. Carrick, 17. Nani, 18. Scholes, 19. Welbeck, 20. Fabio, 21. Rafael, 22. O'Shea, 23. Evans, 24. Fletcher, 25. Valencia, 26. Obertan, 27. Macheda, 28. Gibson, 29. Kuszczak, 30. De Laet, 31. Evans, 36. Gray, 37. Cathcart, 38. Zieler, 40. Ben Amos



1 Manuel Almunia 2 Abou Diaby 3 Bacary Sagna 4 Cesc Fabregas 5. Thomas Vermaelen 6 Philippe Senderos 7 Tomas Rosicky 8 Samir Nasri 9 Eduardo 10 William Gallas 11 Robin van Persie 12 Carlos Vela 14 Theo Walcott 15 Denilson 16 Aaron Ramsey 17 Alexandre Song 18 Mikael Silvestre 19 Jack Wilshere 20 Johan Djourou 21 Lukasz Fabianski 22 Gael Clichy 23 Andrey Arshavin 24 Vito Mannone 27 Emmanuel Eboue 28 Kieran Gibbs 30 Armand Traore 46 Fran Merida 52 Nicklas Bendtner 53 Wojciech Szczesny

I don't see it myself.
User avatar
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Cheese wrote:A very good, true and honest post there.
I however certainly don't want Wenger gone. I'm not sure if it's because i still believe in him, or maybe i fear where we would end up without him. Perhaps a bit of both if i'm honest.
I do believe we are in a stable position and will move in the right direction.
I don't believe Wenger's lack of spending is totally down to stubboness. Wenger loves this club and i think he'd do anything to get us back to the top. But maybe he's scared if he buys big and fails, not only could Arsenal have finacial problems but we'd be no better off than we are now.


Hes SCARED? Its his job to buy players who can strengthen the squad. If he doesnt feel up to the job then thats another reason for him to go. To leave us riding by the seats of our pants yet again is reckless. If the club looses its CL place the consequences will be much worse than laying out a few million on one or two players.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19765
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest