WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Blackstar » Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Has anyone got any money on Wenger staying/leaving?

A few weeks ago I placed £5 on him being manager at the start of next season, to return £17.50. That £5 now would return about £6.50.
Blackstar
Michael Thomas

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Lol, is it legal for Arsenal to bet on Wenger's future? Nice way to earn some transfer cash :P

P.S: Would it be legal for Wenger to bet on it? Should do it when he's leaving, give interviews about staying, then bam, resign and take the cash
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:59 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Lol, is it legal for Arsenal to bet on Wenger's future? Nice way to earn some transfer cash :P

P.S: Would it be legal for Wenger to bet on it? Should do it when he's leaving, give interviews about staying, then bam, resign and take the cash

lol...that would be smart! then he could cash in and get some horses and horse around with Sir Alex Ferguson, but we know football is his life, he sees leaving Arsenal as giving up on life...and fortunately for him hes definitely not suicidal, so he won't leave willingly.

And so we die instead watching the decline of Arsenal FC, the fans, the players ( 15-3 8-2 6-0 on their resume ) .....want to jump kick anyone who asks them 'Ammm ...what time is it?"
......10-2 damn it :? 10 -2 :angry:
Must be hard being an actual arsenal player right now.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sun May 21, 2017 6:07 am

Chris Gunner wrote:Arsenal fans....The most important message that we should all be shouting and wanting at this moment i is Not Wenger out...it is Stan KROENKE OUT,!!!

ALISHER USMANOV NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!

Quite the opposite, getting rid of Wenger is far and away the most important thing, much as I want Wenger (Kroenke) gone too. I meant to put Kroenke too, but made a Freudian slip, which I caught - that's how much I want the old fraud gone!
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 am

Slick wrote:
The Mountain that Rides wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:Would love to be a fly in the room at this board meeting after the final.

I'd rather you be a Leatherface in the cupboard, then jump out and cut Wenger and Kroenke in half with your chainsaw.

:rofll: oh man.

Glad someone appreciated it. ;)

Maybe not everyone knows the name of the antagonist from Texas Chainsaw Massacre and so didn't get the reference... Or maybe they think that'd be too quick a death for them. :dontknow: Probably the latter.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sun May 21, 2017 6:41 am

Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
The Mountain that Rides wrote:Tottenham will finish on 86 points if they win their final game - we've only won more points twice under Wenger, and even then by only 1-4 points - and the last time we did so was a whopping 13 years ago.

The strides they've made under Pochettino are incredible, especially in such a short space of time - and he's blown the myth we can't compete due to money right out of the water - we can't compete because of Wenger.

Thought it was all about trophies? Who cares how many points you have.

Fool, he's showing how far Spurs have come under Pochettino and using the points they have amassed in comparison to our best ever totals as proof.

Thats what I thought. ;)

Exactly right.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 21, 2017 6:53 am

BS221B wrote:

two more years with legend :Peace:

Troll
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Andrew » Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 am

Blackstar wrote:Has anyone got any money on Wenger staying/leaving?

A few weeks ago I placed £5 on him being manager at the start of next season, to return £17.50. That £5 now would return about £6.50.

Bet on him leaving if you need the money. Guaranteed to win
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 21, 2017 8:28 am

Andrew wrote:
Blackstar wrote:Has anyone got any money on Wenger staying/leaving?

Bet on him leaving if you need the money. Guaranteed to win

I wish, sadly I think he will be staying. :(
Nuggets

Postby MecurialGooner » Sun May 21, 2017 8:39 am

Wenger OUT still remains the most important of all. The only reason fans are tired, unhappy and angry is due to constant failures on the pitch and groundhog day seasons from a manager who doesn't seem all that bothered until his 4th place trophy is in jeopardy. Had we won the league at least twice when we shoud have done we wouldn't be so upset. This is primarily why we're angry - the on-pitch failure.

The dithering old man never does his job in the summer and we start every season unprepared. This time he spent £100m and we got worse. He is also completely tactically inept.

Kroenke is an absentee owner. He's not as bad an owner as the Venky's (Blackburn), Becchetti (Leyton Orient) or Mike Ashley at Newcastle United. His only problem is he doesn't care about winning trophies and thus puts no pressure on Wenger to perform, as long as money is rolling in. We need a manager like Allegri, who would be personally motivated and driven to win things. We've already busted the myth about their not being enough money. It is Wenger who refuses to spend. And when he spends he buys duds.

We didn't lose 8-2, 6-0 and 15-3 because of Stan Kroenke. Of course I would rather Usmanov owned the club, or the Nigerian Billionaire Dangote. But Wenger has to go,
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andrew » Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 am

Wenger's failures stem from the transfer market. It's no coincidence he was doing better when Dein was around.
For what he has at his disposal, the on-pitch achievements are actually quite good.
Objectively, we don't have better players than any of the teams above us.
Our squad is the 6th best, we are 5th.
More than a new coach or a new owner, we need better players.
Expecting to win the league with Giroud /Welbeck leading the line is foolishness.
Last edited by Andrew on Sun May 21, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 21, 2017 9:09 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:
The Mountain that Rides wrote:Tottenham will finish on 86 points if they win their final game - we've only won more points twice under Wenger, and even then by only 1-4 points - and the last time we did so was a whopping 13 years ago.

The strides they've made under Pochettino are incredible, especially in such a short space of time - and he's blown the myth we can't compete due to money right out of the water - we can't compete because of Wenger.

How right you are man!!!...wasting France time too having Giroud as center foward. Can't turn, can't beat, no shoulder drop..no trickery. no flair..no fox in the box instinct like Fatso Higuain. #Kronkeout#Wengerout#Giroudout # UsmanovIN!!!

As they say, all he does is score.... :think:

There are many ways for a striker to be effective. That said he does have flicks and flare if you actually watch the man play. His hold up play is very good. He is part of a system, part of a team and his attitude this years was f***ing awesome.

You clearly know nothing about football if you think his hold up play is good ! :rofll:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 21, 2017 9:12 am

The Mountain that Rides wrote:
Chris Gunner wrote:Arsenal fans....The most important message that we should all be shouting and wanting at this moment i is Not Wenger out...it is Stan KROENKE OUT,!!!

ALISHER USMANOV NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!

Quite the opposite, getting rid of Wenger is far and away the most important thing, much as I want Wenger (Kroenke) gone too. I meant to put Kroenke too, but made a Freudian slip, which I caught - that's how much I want the old fraud gone!

Exactly, Wenger is the cause of our problems, Kroenke is complicit, but make no mistake, Wenger is the cause.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 21, 2017 9:18 am

Andrew wrote:Wenger's failures stem from the transfer market. It's no coincidence he was doing better when Dein was around.
For what he has at his disposal, the on-pitch achievements are actually quite good.
Objectively, we don't have better players than any of the team above us.
Expecting to win the league with Giroud /Welbeck leading the line is foolishness.

I don't agree with this, we have had some polished performances with these same players. these same players looked magnificent when we beat high flying Man City 0-2 away from home. Lets examine why this was the case. It has been well reported that the players had a private meeting and then subsequently begged Wenger to allow them to play a more defensive style which he reluctantly accepted. Lo and behold the team put in a performance of epic proportions.

The players could be better, admittedly, but the players can be a very good team if coached and managed properly. If we had a manager that could get the best out of the players and actually build an effective team as opposed to a manager that continually puts square pegs in round holes, we would be in a much better place than where we are at present.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby MecurialGooner » Sun May 21, 2017 10:07 am

theHotHead wrote:
Andrew wrote:Wenger's failures stem from the transfer market. It's no coincidence he was doing better when Dein was around.
Objectively, we don't have better players than any of the team above us.

I don't agree with this, we have had some polished performances with these same players. these same players looked magnificent when we beat high flying Man City 0-2 away from home. Lets examine why this was the case. It has been well reported that the players had a private meeting and then subsequently begged Wenger to allow them to play a more defensive style which he reluctantly accepted. Lo and behold the team put in a performance of epic proportions.

The players could be better, admittedly, but the players can be a very good team if coached and managed properly. If we had a manager that could get the best out of the players and actually build an effective team as opposed to a manager that continually puts square pegs in round holes, we would be in a much better place than where we are at present.

Well said. :clap: :clap:

He's always looking for excuses for Wenger. that's all they do. find excuses for failure.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts