WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Space wrote:
Cheese wrote:Also i'll add. Replace Wenger with who?
When i said i'm scared of where we would be once his gone is because it's not just about getting another manager but it's getting someone who love the club and fans as much as Wenger does, plus someone who the players will trust and respect as much as they do Wenger.
If Wenger goes, say goodbye to half the team because the harsh reality is - and i've said it before so i'll say it again - most players are here because of Wenger, not because they want to play for the Red and White of Arsenal.
It's not so black and white as people think.

Wenger will go in 2011. Half the team will also leave. Certainly Cesc will go to Barca, for one.

Now by 2011 I can see us being run by either Stan or Usmanov, and our great Club will be no more...so what does it matter. Enjoy the next game...it might be the last one! :crybaby:

right.
the negativity hits a new low.
im going to go find my shotgun and blow my brains out before i have to witness the inevitable destruction of the club :rolleyes:

some people acting as though wenger/fabregas are the only manager and player to have ever left the club.
if they leave the club will still be here. we've lost better players in the past and just somehow managed to remain as a club. according to some getting rid of wenger will be the best move we've ever made :1990_dancing.gif:
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Cheese wrote:Most clubs try to run on a "balance the books" kind of attitude. Admittedly it's most smaller clubs that do, but we do it on a much larger scale. Yes we could be taken over and have unlimited amount of money, but what happens when they get bored? And if you think the clubs distant from the fans now it won't get any better being a rich persons play thing.

Thats so true, its funny how many Man City fans have suddenly popped up over here in the states, most of which didn't even know Manchester had two teams. :dizzy: :BangHead:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby niko197 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:08 pm

first of all, i don't agree with sacking wenger, but i respect UFGN's opinion, he made some valid points, and if we are going downhill (which means dropping out of CL in a group stage or early knock out in FA cup, or if we drop out of the top 4 spot), i would ask for wenger's head too, but i don't see lacking of silverwear as a big problem, it's a very strong league, CL is always though, maybe we have to try to win FA cup.

only problem i have with wenger is transfer window. if this is going to be another sad season because of our short bench, than he should be sacked, case it's definitely his fault.
i don't expect him to buy some world class players, but at least some decent back up would be nice.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockin' Robin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 pm

All clubs have low points. United were knocked out of the CL in the group stages, they kept faith in Ferguson, look how he repaid them?
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:12 pm

gooneritis wrote:
Space wrote:Wenger will go in 2011. Half the team will also leave. Certainly Cesc will go to Barca, for one.

Now by 2011 I can see us being run by either Stan or Usmanov, and our great Club will be no more...so what does it matter. Enjoy the next game...it might be the last one! :crybaby:

right.
the negativity hits a new low.
im going to go find my shotgun and blow my brains out before i have to witness the inevitable destruction of the club :rolleyes:

some people acting as though wenger/fabregas are the only manager and player to have ever left the club.

Maybe should mention that I couldn't find the irony smilie?

I remember when Liam Brady left the Club...I thought I wouldn't get through the week...and I knew The Arsenal FC as I knew it was finished!

*irony smilie*
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:13 pm

niko197 wrote:
only problem i have with wenger is transfer window. if this is going to be another sad season because of our short bench, than he should be sacked, case it's definitely his fault.

It's not his fault. It's the Board's. He is a puppet - but a bloody good one.
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby niko197 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Space wrote:
niko197 wrote:

that's not true, he choose the players, and he knows that he need DM, and he could and should buy one. it has nothing to do with board. nobody asked him to buy xabi alonso or mascerano for 35 mil €, he could bought some decent DM for 7-12 mil€.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Regarding a replacement for Wenger, I feel I should address this as I dont duck awkward questions.

Firstly, and this is imortant, we are not replacing a manager who has just had loads of success. We are replacing one who is no longer successful and has failed to develop his young side into tital contenders, like he said he would four or five years ago.

If Wenger is not responsible for the lack of spending then he must come out and say so. He has the influence to do so and not get the sack for it. Unless he does then I believe its his fault.
That makes him a stubborn fool who has failed to manage the squad properly.

He is also a manager who lost Flamini for no money when the player clearly said he was only after a reeltively modest extra amout ontop of what was being offered.

So, we are not replacing the Brilliant, all conquring Wenger. We are replacing a lying, clapped out, stubborn one.

Also, remember he was a reletive nobody when he came to us. A lot of people talk about Wenger "making" players. Well, we "made Wenger". And what does Wenger do with players that he has built up and he feels are past their best?

NAMES

Felix Magath
Martin O'Neil
Fernando Costa Santos
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Let's all be like Chelsea
Let's all be like Chelsea

Tra-la-la-lah Oi!!!
Tra-la-la-lah Oi!!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

niko197 wrote:
Space wrote:
niko197 wrote:

that's not true, he choose the players, and he knows that he need DM, and he could and should buy one. it has nothing to do with board. nobody asked him to buy xabi alonso or mascerano for 35 mil €, he could bought some decent DM for 7-12 mil€.

Another personal attack, eh? ;)

I see a pattern building here! :hiding:

Anyway, we went for Inler and Alonso last year, but didn't get them, and we went for Melo this year, but didn't get close, as he didn't want to come.

Wenger knows what the problem areas are - but buying a player isn't that easy. Everything has to be right - the money - whether the player wants to play and live in England - the contracts - the agents wishes and needs - there are so many factors.

Biggest factor - imo - the Board.
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 pm

^^There was no personal attack there
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:^^There was no personal attack there

Another one!!!

I was joking, btw. Just something niko said in another thread.
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Its unfortunate that I put my neck out to suggest replacements and nobody has responded to that point, which is important...

UFGN

Postby niko197 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Space wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Space wrote:
niko197 wrote:

Another personal attack, eh? ;)

I see a pattern building here! :hiding:

Anyway, we went for Inler and Alonso last year, but didn't get them, and we went for Melo this year, but didn't get close, as he didn't want to come.

Wenger knows what the problem areas are - but buying a player isn't that easy. Everything has to be right - the money - whether the player wants to play and live in England - the contracts - the agents wishes and needs - there are so many factors.

Biggest factor - imo - the Board.

watch out now, you're on my black list!! :sneaky2: :lol:

i don't know what to say, at my shit club dinamo zagreb we have 4 DM's 3 are from the youth school, and one was bought for half million €. at least 2 of them could be good cover for song, and god knows they are way better than denilson and diaby on that position.

so my big question is, why he couldn't bought one player, who calls himself defensive midfielder!?!? i still think that 2 or 3 million € are pocket money for one of the biggest club in the world.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby niko197 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Its unfortunate that I put my neck out to suggest replacements and nobody has responded to that point, which is important...

not a big fan of you're choice. felix magath is a dick, o'neil maybe, but i'm not to sure.
i would go for slaven bilic, at least he will be available next summer. :biggrin:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts