WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Thats it. Patience is all gone. If this is the board's fault and not Wenger's then he needs to come out and say so. But generally the board have always insisted there is money available and I believe there is. £40M earned this summer in fees. The highest matchday income in the country. ANd we were either assured or lied to that the stadium would not have a detremental effect on the club's ability to buy players.

This is NOT a knee jerk thing, I have been trying to avoid doing this for a very long time.

This is from my very first post on this forum, dated Jan 16th 08

My opinion on Wenger: The man is a living, breathing god... but his one fault is that he is too principled. He's got nothing to prove to anyone. To be where we are in the league with that squad is amazing. Now he should change his mind and spend some of his vast transfer fund. I believe the squad is too small to win the league, but that two or three experienced players would make the team unbeatable.

A little while later, Eduardo's leg is all over the St Andrews pitch, a few other injeries as well, and we blew what should have been our league that year.

This year its the same. It is clear as day that the squad is too light to really challange. We have back up but its not of a high enough quality or with enough experience. AGAIN he has failed to learn lessons and do what was needed.

I have said this before... This is our longest trophyless period for 22 years.

George Graham won more trophies than Wenger has when you take into consideration the amount of games he was in charge for and the amount of major trophies won under him.

We have seen so many first team players leave I have lost count. Good players. Every season we are riding our luck and last season we rode it too far. Villa only dropped away because they were awfal in the second part of the season. Partly because their squad wasnt big enough. We now have City to worry about as well. And we have the same squad as last year (minus one of our main strikers of course who we sold to....City.

Thanks for the memories Arsene, but thats all they are mate. You have nothing more to offer. You are not irreplacable. No-one with your recent record is.
Last edited by UFGN on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby mikey_gooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:57 pm

did not even bother reading that but to start that shite on the start of september is mugging yourself off :naughty:
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:57 pm

You can want him out all you want, but he ain't leaving so get use to it buddy!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby castano » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

hey hey slow your roll! he aint going nowhere man!
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:00 pm

I don't want AW to leave, not in a million years, but i suggest people read what he said, because everything said in that post is 100% true.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Well until that day can I suggest:

That'll keep you going til then eh. :thumbsup:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby foxy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm

You know what UFGN i would have told you that i disagree with everything in your post last week. This week however my patience has ran dry and I for one am completely fed up with AW and his "experiment".

Maybe its time Le Proff did one somewhere else to try his experiment. Im sure it only took Barcelona 3 years to get their youth through but they still added depth and quality while building. AW? He has sold all of our best players and not even for the highest prices. He brings in no-one b ut another youth team player with "potential"

Iv had enough of him now and am fed up with defending his decisions, this season is make or break IMHO.
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm

gunngunn wrote:I don't want AW to leave, not in a million years, but i suggest people read what he said, because everything said in that post is 100% true.

Don't have to read it, we've heard 1000000 times now. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mikey_gooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:02 pm

you can argue all you want of its 100% true or not but to be demanding NOW that wenger goes is f***ing madness , replace with who ? IF he does nothing this season then yeah start the witch hunt of you want but how about just getting behind the team rather then slagging the manager this early in the season ? :BangHead:
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby IMF » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Is UFGN Sinbad in disguise??
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:07 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:you can argue all you want of its 100% true or not but to be demanding NOW that wenger goes is f***ing madness , replace with who ? IF he does nothing this season then yeah start the witch hunt of you want but how about just getting behind the team rather then slagging the manager this early in the season ? :BangHead:

Cos they want to us to be just like Chavs. Get rid of a perfectly good manager who's gone a few years without a trophy and replace him with a revolving door hotseat due to the fact that some Russian/Uzbeki fatcat has bought the club.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:09 pm

NO

Wenger is the only thing holding us together right now!!!! Even if he is a bit of a stubborn git and tells us fibs sometimes!!!

If get got the shaft and some ponce got drafted in we'd finish outside the top 4 no doubt.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:09 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:you can argue all you want of its 100% true or not but to be demanding NOW that wenger goes is f***ing madness , replace with who ? IF he does nothing this season then yeah start the witch hunt of you want but how about just getting behind the team rather then slagging the manager this early in the season ? :BangHead:

I am behind the team. Just not the manager. This is reckless and stupid. I wont wait until the end of the season. What for? I have no faith left in his judgement whatsoever.

What about last season? the one before that? The one before that? Look, even if we win a major title this season, which I dont beieve we will, then I'm sorry to say that it will be down to the physio's more than the manager. If the first team stay fit then great. If not, then we're f***ked.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm

this is priceless.

we are all a bit disappointed we didn't sign anyone but ffs, wenger out?
wind your neck in.

maybe you've not watched the performances so far this season? where we've looked very f***ing good, better than the reigning champions, despite missing our 4 first choice midfielders.

maybe you're just a spoilt bastard who's never known what it was like to go a few years not expecting - or demanding - to win things.

eitiher way to say sack wenger is f***ing ludicrous.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Past competitions and posts