Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Andrew » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:Only been at Spurs for 3 seasons and has already overtaken us now in that little time and Wenger cant even get us a decent title challenge in god knows how many years here.

Let's be honest, Poch and Spurs aren't winning anything. The panic was for no reason whatsoever.

Theyre in a title race now.

title race my a.ss. they'll get spanked by palace and brought back down to earth.

They might even miss out on top 4 if they lose to palace cause we'll beat them too
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Would you consider us to be in a title race if we was in their position?
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Pochetino has now gone 8 seasons in management without winning a league or a cup. His biggest accomplishment so far has been manager of the month. And people complain about Wenger.

Be honest, he is managing Spurs. They don't win things. When he goes to Barca he will. If he came to us he would too.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Denis_E » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Would you consider us to be in a title race if we was in their position?

Haha brilliant mate, no answer from these hypocritical clowns to this one
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Would you consider us to be in a title race if we was in their position?

Last season they were supposed to be in a two-horse race and finished third. Only Spurs.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Pochetino has now gone 8 seasons in management without winning a league or a cup. His biggest accomplishment so far has been manager of the month. And people complain about Wenger.

Be honest, he is managing Spurs. They don't win things. When he goes to Barca he will. If he came to us he would too.

Everyone wins at Barca. Big deal.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 pm

EliteKiller wrote:If he wins the FA Cup and gets us Top 4 - much as I despise the **** - he will have earned a new contract ...

BUT

If he doesn't then he won't deserve one and he must go ....

I reckon that's the Board's position as well. Arsene said "judge me on results" so prepare to be judged .....

Judged him in the window of 11/12 when we fell short at the end of the 10/11 season and obviously needed strengthening to mount a challenge on 4 fronts and he waited until we had dropped 8 points before making signings
It wasn't good enough thenand it wouldn't be good enough now if he got top four and won the fa cup
He continues to tie his own hands by not defending properly and a lack of tactical nouse
Get rid
Yesterday is not soon enough
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby MecurialGooner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Amazing, still the trolls are fed.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 am

Denis_E wrote:
Mesüt wrote:That's because things have changed and now the CL money is much less significant ffs

Ok, thanks arsene :rolleyes:

I mean feel free to be ignorant but it's a fact. When he trumpeted it like a trophy it was because of the importance of 30-40m for being in the CL, with the TV money swamping the Pl now it's still nice but much less important.

He's full of shit on many occasions but in this instance the circumstances really have changed. I'd still rather be in the CL than not but financially it's no massive deal rn.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:17 am

Mesüt wrote:
Denis_E wrote:
Mesüt wrote:That's because things have changed and now the CL money is much less significant ffs

I mean feel free to be ignorant but it's a fact. When he trumpeted it like a trophy it was because of the importance of 30-40m for being in the CL, with the TV money swamping the Pl now it's still nice but much less important.

He's full of shit on many occasions but in this instance the circumstances really have changed. I'd still rather be in the CL than not but financially it's no massive deal rn.

Even more of a reason for him to f**k off then.

If top-4 isn't that important anymore (his words), then the only thing that matters is the title.

Since he can't even challenge, let alone win, I wonder what he thinks he's contributing at this point?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:35 am

Have to ask the man himself cos I can't see f**k all barring a nice potential FA Cup but that could all end tomorrow too.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:43 am

It's actually 80m because Spurs and Liverpool get CL money while we lose it.

We also don't sell our players and earn less from sponsor deals than the other big teams in the league.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Denis_E » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:44 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Denis_E wrote:

Even more of a reason for him to f**k off then.

If top-4 isn't that important anymore (his words), then the only thing that matters is the title.

Since he can't even challenge, let alone win, I wonder what he thinks he's contributing at this point?

Lol 'feel free to be ignorant', brilliant, genius, gotta write that one down :)

The fact that you are still giving this t**t the benefit of the doubt and playing devil's advocate with the current state of things....

Yes on the surface he justifies it with the money side of things and yes it is a fact what is said about tv money etc.

But are you really going to tell me that's what's going un under the surface in all of this. Let me break it down for you FFS, All those years when he uttered the embarrassing shit about 4th place being a trophy and CL qualification being amazing, we the fans never really debated these statements based on the financial aspect of it - it was simply whether finishing 4th place was good enough for a club of our stature. It was the thing that caused the major fault lines in the fan base, those that thought it was ridiculous to be content with 4th versus those who saw it as the be all and end all as long as arsene was here.

So now we have him saying finishing 4th isn't that big a deal even - sure because of CL money not being as important yadayadyada, but look further beyond ffs - the implication is that for all those years he was justifying overstaying his welcome because he'd creating this standard for himself of 4th place which he was able to meet, and now that it's in jeopardy he says it's not even a big deal if he doesn't adhere to that pathetic standard.

Ignorance, lol give me a fuckin break
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:07 am

Just top 4 was never good enough but it was 2nd best after the title in terms of the league, it was either title or get in that next group of 3.
The money aspect of it is now not significant (that was the only ever reason top 4 was good) but I don't see anyone happy or saying he should stay despite not getting the top 4...the same barometer is in place for the fans so really what Wenger says about it is f***ing null and void anyway. He's spoken about it in the financial aspects, exactly as I already stated...and what he said about that is correct.
Finishing 7th in the league however, is not good enough and we all...including WENGER...know that.

You're making something out of nothing here imo.

we want our denis_e back ffs
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts