WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:20 am

elkanofan wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
1991 wrote:Wenger is just making a shit imitation of Chelsea's 352, like he copied Barca's 433 & Bayerns 4231. This really isn't anything new, and it epitomizes why Arsenal will never lead the pack with Wenger in charge.

You're right. He should come up with his own 6-3-1 formation cause every other formation is taken.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He should have been doing this as soon as we started becoming stale or when the opposition demands it.

This whole lack of change to suit the opponents of the day was only applicable when we were head and shoulders above everyone else.

He obviously rated the current squad a lot more than they deserve.

Worst part is, when we actually do it (change style or formation to suit), we come up with results.

Do you have any idea how shit Middlesbrough are? I mean, really?

True.

However winning ugly in our situation was all that mattered. We all want him gone but he did just about get the job done and changed the team finally.

Think back to the city and Chelsea wins this season and last.

Against city, there was marked difference in the way we sat back, soaked pressure and hit them on the counter to win 2-0 and stay solid.

Chelsea this season, ok they were ropey at the start, but they still started the season ok and then we were their first big test and we brushed them.

Against barca years ago, we parked the bus and arshavin won us the game on the counter.

When we modify the way we play (which is very rare). Ok, Middlesborough are shit, but again, we literally just got cleansheeted by crystal palace ffs.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:10 am

After getting smacked by teams that can press... This is meh. Doesnt matter if we played 2 strikers or 1 if arsenal can't beat middlesborugh than what are we?

Seriously happy we saw a different formation but it doesnt hid how shit our buildup play is
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 am

indy23 wrote:After getting smacked by teams that can press... This is meh. Doesnt matter if we played 2 strikers or 1 if arsenal can't beat middlesborugh than what are we?

Seriously happy we saw a different formation but it doesnt hid how shit our buildup play is

Middlesborough were pressing hard, tbf we were lucky they were shit going forward. Look at traores chance as soon as he came on. Mass panic.

Build up was always going to be difficult vs a parked bus which was basically the first half.

The most worrying thing for me is our complete lack of clear cut chances that we make per game. Watching our left wing, you won't get a cross into the box from sanchez for Giroud to feed off and monreal just can't beat a man without being played in behind to cross.

Problem is, if he's at the byline, we are finished on the counter if it doesn't go to a corner or goal or cleared for a throw as he will never get back in time, or be on full tilt if he does catch up.

Giroud hardly had any real crosses in that were anywhere near. His best chance was being played in on the counter and he completely f***ked his shot.

We are in trouble because we can't get service upfront fast enough or when it does, Giroud is too slow to take advantage when we finally do counter after a team has moved forward.

Alternatively, if Welbs is upfront, it's like no one is upfront ie palace (tbf, he has been out for ages).

If sanchez is upfront, we have no one at LW with the pace and invention to replicate even close to his danger.

Ozil passing wise looks exactly like a guy that is scared to trust his peak game, he was getting a lot of praise today for every other aspect of his performance apart from the one the team relies on ie his chance creating and incisive passing.

Players like cazorla and rosicky could make the difference in games like this, but they aren't here, so we rely on Ozil but he's not on form properly and it's been left to Sanchez, which makes life easy for teams to mark him out of the game and thus kill us.

Pg will shit a brick, but the first thing we need is a lwb / fb that has the stamina and pace for a quick transition game but just as importantly, we need another Am/cm and or a winger that can beat a man and cross/cut inside if needed.

Finally, we also still need a top class St to finish these chances that we hopefully create.

Not even sure if £200m is enough for what we need ffs.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:45 am

Zedie wrote:
indy23 wrote:After getting smacked by teams that can press... This is meh. Doesnt matter if we played 2 strikers or 1 if arsenal can't beat middlesborugh than what are we?

Middlesborough were pressing hard, tbf we were lucky they were shit going forward. Look at traores chance as soon as he came on. Mass panic.

Build up was always going to be difficult vs a parked bus which was basically the first half.

The most worrying thing for me is our complete lack of clear cut chances that we make per game. Watching our left wing, you won't get a cross into the box from sanchez for Giroud to feed off and monreal just can't beat a man without being played in behind to cross.

Problem is, if he's at the byline, we are finished on the counter if it doesn't go to a corner or goal or cleared for a throw as he will never get back in time, or be on full tilt if he does catch up.

Giroud hardly had any real crosses in that were anywhere near. His best chance was being played in on the counter and he completely f***ked his shot.

We are in trouble because we can't get service upfront fast enough or when it does, Giroud is too slow to take advantage when we finally do counter after a team has moved forward.

Alternatively, if Welbs is upfront, it's like no one is upfront ie palace (tbf, he has been out for ages).

If sanchez is upfront, we have no one at LW with the pace and invention to replicate even close to his danger.

Ozil passing wise looks exactly like a guy that is scared to trust his peak game, he was getting a lot of praise today for every other aspect of his performance apart from the one the team relies on ie his chance creating and incisive passing.

Players like cazorla and rosicky could make the difference in games like this, but they aren't here, so we rely on Ozil but he's not on form properly and it's been left to Sanchez, which makes life easy for teams to mark him out of the game and thus kill us.

Pg will shit a brick, but the first thing we need is a lwb / fb that has the stamina and pace for a quick transition game but just as importantly, we need another Am/cm and or a winger that can beat a man and cross/cut inside if needed.

Finally, we also still need a top class St to finish these chances that we hopefully create.

Not even sure if £200m is enough for what we need ffs.

I heard its 100m. Who knows.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:27 am

Andrew wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Andrew wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Wenger would never ever have tried or adopted anything Mourinho did in that game. Dead manager.

Thank god.

The 10 men behind the ball tactics is how relegation threatened teams play.
I prefer the way we played in that 3-0 against Chelsea.
That's our standard!

Yeah that's it. Logic plays no part in your thinking clearly. So forget about the previous 10 games we played in the same way and got whopped each time, but the one victory is what you chose to hold on to. Muppet.

I'm just following your strange logic buddy.
You're the one chanting Mourinho's praise because of one game forgetting the countless games they got whopped playing the same way, including 0-4 at stamford bridge. And that with the most expensive team in the world.
Exposing yourself as clueless, again.

Btw if we were capable of reproducing what we did in that Chelsea game throughout the season with the same players, we'd be right up there.

This is my last response to you because you are a total idiot, I have no desire to communicate with you eith your idiotic responses that don't dignify getting a response.

1) I am singing the praise of Mourinho because he is widely regarded as one of the best managers in world football, tactically.

2) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because he restricted high flying Chelsea to a shot on goal only - or thereabouts.

3) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because Wenger has not beaten him in a competitive match in his entire career.

4) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because he is willing to change his team's tactics against big teams and more often than not it gets results.

5) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because in 10 seasons of management he has won 8 domestic leagues, 2 Champions Leagues and a UEFA Cup. (Not inc domestic cups)

6) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because he last won the Premier League 2 seasons ago.

7) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because not only did he perform a miracle winning the CL with Porto but he won the CL with Inter by beating Barca then Bayern in the final.

8) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because you mention all the times Mourinho got whopped playing the same way. Up until his final season at Chelsea Mourinho's teams never got repeatedly whopped so dont chat shit. And even if they did in his final season - they won the league the previous season so you still cannot chat to me.

9) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because you are running up your mouth about him having the most expensive team in the world. He already proved he can win the top prizes in club football by having one of the least expensive teams in any of the major leagues in Europe.

10) this is like taking candy from a blind and deaf baby! You say "if" we repeated our form against Chelsea (the one time all season we played that well) we would be right up there. You really are a bloody idiot. This is your argument? Some far fetched comment that nobody with a modicum of common sense would make???? You realise ifs and ands make you look stupid, right? You realise a season consists of 38 games, right?

I can't believe this clown has the audacity to try to win an argument by putting Wenger up against Mourinho. Mourinho on a bad day is still better than Wenger on a good day.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:37 am

UFGN wrote:

Dude, we were dreadful we made Borough look like a team fighting for a CL place. Every time the ball came into our box it was panic stations, the defending was comical.

How many people want to guess how long we practiced playing 3-4-3? Looked like they tried it for the first time during the warm up, nobody seemed to know what they were doing. Contrast that to Chelsea or City when they switch to it and it is effective.

Ffs, Wenger cannot get anything right.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby indy23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:17 am

theHotHead wrote:
Andrew wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Andrew wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Wenger would never ever have tried or adopted anything Mourinho did in that game. Dead manager.

Thank god.

That's our standard!

Yeah that's it. Logic plays no part in your thinking clearly. So forget about the previous 10 games we played in the same way and got whopped each time, but the one victory is what you chose to hold on to. Muppet.

You're the one chanting Mourinho's praise because of one game forgetting the countless games they got whopped playing the same way, including 0-4 at stamford bridge. And that with the most expensive team in the world.

Btw if we were capable of reproducing what we did in that Chelsea game throughout the season with the same players, we'd be right up there.

This is my last response to you because you are a total idiot, I have no desire to communicate with you eith your idiotic responses that don't dignify getting a response.

1) I am singing the praise of Mourinho because he is widely regarded as one of the best managers in world football, tactically.

2) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because he restricted high flying Chelsea to a shot on goal only - or thereabouts.

3) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because Wenger has not beaten him in a competitive match in his entire career.

4) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because he is willing to change his team's tactics against big teams and more often than not it gets results.

5) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because in 10 seasons of management he has won 8 domestic leagues, 2 Champions Leagues and a UEFA Cup. (Not inc domestic cups)

6) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because he last won the Premier League 2 seasons ago.

7) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because not only did he perform a miracle winning the CL with Porto but he won the CL with Inter by beating Barca then Bayern in the final.

8) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because you mention all the times Mourinho got whopped playing the same way. Up until his final season at Chelsea Mourinho's teams never got repeatedly whopped so dont chat shit. And even if they did in his final season - they won the league the previous season so you still cannot chat to me.

9) I am singing the praises of Mourinho because you are running up your mouth about him having the most expensive team in the world. He already proved he can win the top prizes in club football by having one of the least expensive teams in any of the major leagues in Europe.

10) this is like taking candy from a blind and deaf baby! You say "if" we repeated our form against Chelsea (the one time all season we played that well) we would be right up there. You really are a bloody idiot. This is your argument? Some far fetched comment that nobody with a modicum of common sense would make???? You realise ifs and ands make you look stupid, right? You realise a season consists of 38 games, right?

I can't believe this clown has the audacity to try to win an argument by putting Wenger up against Mourinho. Mourinho on a bad day is still better than Wenger on a good day.

:hail:
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am

theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Dude, we were dreadful we made Borough look like a team fighting for a CL place. Every time the ball came into our box it was panic stations, the defending was comical

How many people want to guess how long we practiced playing 3-4-3? Looked like they tried it for the first time during the warm up, nobody seemed to know what they were doing. Contrast that to Chelsea or City when they switch to it and it is effective.

Ffs, Wenger cannot get anything right.

RVP confirmed wengers typical practice which is summed up to be 5 asides and compared it to SAFs high intensity practices which had you in a different mind set all together.

Makes sense though we dont wake up until half 2 majority of the time. Shows you wengers emphasis on training.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 am

Would also explain why we are very good at that close intricate one and two touch football. This is why we never have a plan B - and I don't count lumping the ball to Giroud as a plan B, thats called desparation.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

theHotHead wrote:
Andrew wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Andrew wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Thank god.

That's our standard!

-exactly 3 points above "useless " Wenger with a 700 millions team. unlikely to even make top 4
-sacked sitting 13th with a champions team
-ran away from Inter and left the team in shambles
-Inter president stating he's the worse thing to happen to the club, despite his titles.
- sacked from Madrid for his dreadful "10 men behind the ball" style.
- most disliked coach in world football

Your ideal ambassador for the club, not mine.

Now ban yourself and spare the mods the trouble since you seem incapable of having a civil debate without throwing childish insults.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Zedie wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
1991 wrote:Wenger is just making a shit imitation of Chelsea's 352, like he copied Barca's 433 & Bayerns 4231. This really isn't anything new, and it epitomizes why Arsenal will never lead the pack with Wenger in charge.

You're right. He should come up with his own 6-3-1 formation cause every other formation is taken.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He should have been doing this as soon as we started becoming stale or when the opposition demands it.

This whole lack of change to suit the opponents of the day was only applicable when we were head and shoulders above everyone else.

He obviously rated the current squad a lot more than they deserve.

Worst part is, when we actually do it (change style or formation to suit), we come up with results.

True.

However winning ugly in our situation was all that mattered. We all want him gone but he did just about get the job done and changed the team finally.

Think back to the city and Chelsea wins this season and last.

Against city, there was marked difference in the way we sat back, soaked pressure and hit them on the counter to win 2-0 and stay solid.

Chelsea this season, ok they were ropey at the start, but they still started the season ok and then we were their first big test and we brushed them.

Against barca years ago, we parked the bus and arshavin won us the game on the counter.

When we modify the way we play (which is very rare). Ok, Middlesborough are shit, but again, we literally just got cleansheeted by crystal palace ffs.

:clap:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:40 pm

so arrogant that he didnt announce his contract after the boro win....this is as good as he is gonna feel next 2 months. Huge opportunity missed
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby HisDudeness » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Ah I always had a feeling they would win this one. He's deff staying judging by that post match interview. They still have a game in hand I think. Bear minimum make Europa League.

But Boro suck, they're going down & they won't be coming back up anytime soon.

As Hoddle said they were lucky it wasn't away to Leicester or somebody.
HisDudeness
Michael Thomas

Postby HisDudeness » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm

http://imgur.com/a/wunId

Everton under Ronald Koeman look like a team that can pull off a miracle season at at any moment. Regular 3:0, 4:0 results

Nevermind goals against. What I mean is they are starting to score lots of goals.
Last edited by HisDudeness on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HisDudeness
Michael Thomas

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 pm

They will do a job on Chelsea and then it will just boil down to who wants the title more.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts