WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:20 am

starmandb wrote:
The Mountain that Rides wrote:Let's not forget we finished 5th in Bruce Rioch's last full season in charge. Even Rioch could probably have won titles if we'd kept throwing money at the team, as long as he made the right signings. All we needed from Wenger was advice on who to sign, like with Bergkamp supposedly.

This is revisionist bollocks
Wenger extended a defence that was starting to leak towards the end of george graham and built a totally different team that won the title in 2004
Wenger was that good and was the right man for the job in the first 12 years
He probably deserved the next 3 years to put things right on the back of how he had began
The fact that he should have been sacked 6 years and 3 months ago does not diminish those early years
The decision should have been taken out of his hands
He should have been sacked and ancelotti instated when he was in london and did not want to leave
A decorated player and coach who knew the league
We had Brady here at the time
A bridge between Italian football and steeped in the history of arsenal since boyhood
But our gutless board stuck with the status quo

That is revisionist bollocks you mean. The defence underperformed when the club was in turmoil? How surprising! Look at how much money Wenger spent back then, he basically bought the title much like Dalglish did at Blackburn a year before he arrived.

Then once we got in the CL we had too much money for anyone, but United to compete with us, so we were the only ones who could benefit when United f***ked up. Then as soon as the CL places get expanded the titles dry up.

Wenger was always a fraud, which is why he couldn't adapt yet Fergie could despite being older.

Notice how my explanation actually fits the facts, unlike yours.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby BexleyGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Wrighty had it right last night. It feels like Wenger is losing control of everything bit by bit and the club is fragmenting into a total mess. Both our best players want to leave,probably for nothing, Iwobi’s doing that and still playing, the midfield and defence is atrocious. It feels like he’s a lost old man who just cannot cope any more and is losing all control. It would probably be kinder on him to give him the boot.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 pm

The Mountain that Rides wrote:
starmandb wrote:
The Mountain that Rides wrote:Let's not forget we finished 5th in Bruce Rioch's last full season in charge. Even Rioch could probably have won titles if we'd kept throwing money at the team, as long as he made the right signings. All we needed from Wenger was advice on who to sign, like with Bergkamp supposedly.

This is revisionist bollocks
Wenger extended a defence that was starting to leak towards the end of george graham and built a totally different team that won the title in 2004
Wenger was that good and was the right man for the job in the first 12 years
He probably deserved the next 3 years to put things right on the back of how he had began
The fact that he should have been sacked 6 years and 3 months ago does not diminish those early years
The decision should have been taken out of his hands
He should have been sacked and ancelotti instated when he was in london and did not want to leave
A decorated player and coach who knew the league
We had Brady here at the time
A bridge between Italian football and steeped in the history of arsenal since boyhood
But our gutless board stuck with the status quo

That is revisionist bollocks you mean. The defence underperformed when the club was in turmoil? How surprising! Look at how much money Wenger spent back then, he basically bought the title much like Dalglish did at Blackburn a year before he arrived.

Then once we got in the CL we had too much money for anyone, but United to compete with us, so we were the only ones who could benefit when United f***ked up. Then as soon as the CL places get expanded the titles dry up.

Wenger was always a fraud, which is why he couldn't adapt yet Fergie could despite being older.

Notice how my explanation actually fits the facts, unlike yours.

Can't say I agree with you on our spending !!

According to Transfermarkt.co.uk we spent the following (this does not take into account player sales):

1994/95 - £6.46m
1995/96 - £16.52 (Bruce Rioch)
1996/97 - £5.5m (Wenger first season)
1997/98 - £19.82m
1998/99 - £16.83m
1999/00 - £20.39m
2000/01 - £50.87m

Liverpool spent more than us, Chelsea spent as much as us. We were better than both though because we won things. Plus, if you take into account the money we made on player sales, that gave us a net spend that made it look like Wenger was a genius. in the 2000/01 season we sold £55.33m worth of players. You can NEVER criticise Wenger in his early days, the man was a genius.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby redordead » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

I can see wenger turning into golum(Lord of the rings) when he's gone the key to the managers office will become he's precious I can just see him creeping around the Emirates searching for the key drooling my precious where's my precious the senile old k***
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby redordead » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

CARLO ANCELOTTI TOUTED AGAIN AS POSSIBLE ARSENE WENGER REPLACEMENT
arseblog

11 Jan 2018 16:06:29

Earlier this week, James Olley wrote in the Evening Standard about how Arsenal have targetted Carlo Ancelotti as the man to take over from Arsene Wenger.

The piece suggested the 58 year old is seen as the perfect candidate to help transition the club from the Wenger Era into one which will require experience and new structures put in place.

Some of those appear to be happening right now, with Sven Mislintat appointed Head of Recruitment, while Spaniard Raul Sanllehi will join next month as Head of Football Relations (Definitely Not Director of Football).

While the Italian is a very obvious name to throw into the ring, the article also sounded like bits of it had come from Ivan Gazidis himself, as he looks to airbrush his profile for the post-Wenger years. For example:

Gazidis’s aim is seemingly to reshape Arsenal so that their newly-acquired infrastructure embodies their core values and philosophy and not the idiosyncrasies of a manager’s personality.

Anyway, today in Corriere dello Sport, they report that the club’s hierarchy have decided Wenger will go this summer, and that Ancelotti will be handed a four year contract to take over.

They suggest that the man who has managed Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich turned down an approach to manage the Italian national side because of the Arsenal offer.

Whether they’ve been prompted into this by the Standard piece is unclear, and he would make sense as a replacement for Arsene Wenger, but we’ll have to wait and see what else emerges on this one.

Source _arseblog God I hope this is going happen
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Tubbs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Yeah these were Wrightys comments last night, everybody was shocked at the line up can’t moan about the result thought we would get destroyed with that team but still it was a poor team selection and I think Wenger was shocked they ended 0-0
I swear he does everything to just piss us off more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zanatos3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Andrew wrote:Sad sad to see Wenger's tenure end this way.

Not proud to be a gooner this days

Andrew, I'm glad to see the rational human side of you!

Wenger will be fine, remember he's quite well off, and theres always football manager or his wife to keep him busy.

Carlo or Arteta can be interim managers until we find the next young bright, revolutionary Wenger.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 am

Zanatos3 wrote:

Wenger will be fine, remember he's quite well off, and theres always football manager or his wife to keep him busy.

Carlo or Arteta can be interim managers until we find the next young bright, revolutionary Wenger.

Whatever anyone thinks about Wenger. He's a legend of the club, a legend of the PL, a legend of the game. He definitely doesn't deserve to be hounded by some idiots.

Carlo is a good coach, but he's been a failure lately everywhere he's been. What makes you think he will have success here?
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby weaponx57 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am

Luis Enrique would be a better candidate...he is a strict disciplinarian the shit Iwobi pulled and then him playing in the Chelsea game would never happen under him.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby starmandb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 am

Andrew wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:

Whatever anyone thinks about Wenger. He's a legend of the club, a legend of the PL, a legend of the game. He definitely doesn't deserve to be hounded by some idiots.

Carlo is a good coach, but he's been a failure lately everywhere he's been. What makes you think he will have success here?

Ancelotti has won 2 leagues a champions league and a domestic cup since Wenger should have been sacked
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 am

Andrew wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:

He has ruined his own legacy Andrew he has nobody to blame but himself, he should have left years ago when he was on top. Sadly because of his spiteful arrogant attitude he couldn't do that, he will leave his so called beloved club is a right mess. He is NOT arsenal he is a well ...(overpaid ) servant of the club who has milked this club for years under false pretences.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 am

Zanatos3 wrote:

You have been mistaken, Andrew has no human side, he is dufus all over !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby redordead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:

You have been mistaken, Andrew has no human side, he is dufus all over !

This is so true
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby redordead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Anyway seeing he's tenure end like this isn't half as sad as the state of the fuking club mate which he has to shoulder most of the blame he should of gone in dignity years ago but he didn't and he now has nobody to blame but himself
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Just bet 100$ on us winning the title. All you miserable people will be shocked when I win 5000$
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts