WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Rockin' Robin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Sorry UFGN, but you don't have the grounds with which to call for Wenger's head IMO. Sure, we didn't sign anyone, he kept saying he was happy with the squad he had. Our results so far have been terrific, except for the United match, which we should have won as well. We thrashed Everton 6-1 without three of our chief creators. We beat Celtic 2-0, sure from a couple of slices of luck, but the important thing is we got the result we wanted whilst being able to play the football we love to play. The Portsmouth game was great - sure, they were out of sorts, but we played a second string side and still beat them comfortably without a sweat. Then Celtic 2nd leg, again we didn't play a strong side but we still managed to stroll past them, again whilst playing attractive football. Then the United match, there were plenty of decisions that could have gone our way that didn't, that's just the way it turned out. To have the start to the season we've had with the injury list we have already is terrific, so I don't think you should be calling for Wenger's head after 16 goals in 5 games. :|

Our defence has looked solid, despite only one clean sheet so far. Goals scored from set pieces and the lack of goals conceding from them shows Vermaelen has improved our aerial prowess. Gallas is on a hot run of form, you can't knock him for anything he's done so far. Clichy and Sagna have been their usual, dependable selves. No mistakes to report on. The midfield has been fantastic. With only one world class player in there arguably in the first few matches, they've still pulled the strings and dominated the midfield, even against midfields of four. Fabregas was excellent against Everton, and you can expect that when he comes back because the 4-3-3 really suits him. Denilson has been improving game by game, and Song has been brilliant at reading the game, intercepting, all things a DM should do. Strikers may not have scored any goals (except Eddy), but a forward's contribution is more than just goals nowadays. Rvp was integral in some of the goals against Everton, and continues to be a good team player. Bendtner is showing signs of improvement, which is great. Arshavin managed to score a belter against Manure despite not being fully fit.
Last edited by Rockin' Robin on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:43 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Its unfortunate that I put my neck out to suggest replacements and nobody has responded to that point, which is important...

We will have to get a replacement for him in 2011.

Magath is a good choice, and possible - if he would want the job - been in germany all his life.

Martin O'Neill - not sure, but I see the reasoning. Seems to be a name being mentioned.

Fernando Costa Santos - not impressed.

I'll throw a few names in to the pot...

Lucien Favre
Marco Van Basten
someone from the inside - Primorac and Brady/Adams/Bould?
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:44 pm

niko197 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Its unfortunate that I put my neck out to suggest replacements and nobody has responded to that point, which is important...

not a big fan of you're choice. felix magath is a dick, o'neil maybe, but i'm not to sure.
i would go for slaven bilic, at least he will be available next summer. :biggrin:

Top choice!

Forgot all about him. :clap:
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Sorry UFGN, but you don't have the grounds with which to call for Wenger's head IMO. Sure, we didn't sign anyone, he kept saying he was happy with the squad he had. Our results so far have been terrific, except for the United match, which we should have won as well. We thrashed Everton 6-1 without three of our chief creators. We beat Celtic 2-0, sure from a couple of slices of luck, but the important thing is we got the result we wanted whilst being able to play the football we love to play. The Portsmouth game was great - sure, they were out of sorts, but we played a second string side and still beat them comfortably without a sweat. Then Celtic 2nd leg, again we didn't play a strong side but we still managed to stroll past them, again whilst playing attractive football. Then the United match, there were plenty of decisions that could have gone our way that didn't, that's just the way it turned out. To have the start to the season we've had with the injury list we have already is terrific, so I don't think you should be calling for Wenger's head after 16 goals in 5 games.

A good start is just that. Yes weve had a great start. A season is about 60 games long. Spuds wont be top of the leage in may.
Last edited by UFGN on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:45 pm

niko197 wrote:

not a big fan of you're choice. felix magath is a dick, o'neil maybe, but i'm not to sure.
i would go for slaven bilic, at least he will be available next summer. :biggrin:

I don't personally think that Wenger can't be replaced. Of course there would be talented managers lining up for his job. But, if this is a case of the board tying Wengers hands together and the lack of transfers is not totally his fault, then to me why would any other manager want the job. While I am frustrated that we did not sign anyone, and so far it doesn't appear that Wengers "plan" is working, its hard for me to believe that he is just that stubborn. There has to be some dark things going on with our debt or something, and for one reason or another they don't feel the need to let us know this. If that is the case and Wenger has stayed with the club through this and played as their puppet then he's a saint. If in fact he is just being stubborn, then he's a c***. But how do any of us know for sure.

I am starting to question all this instead of just having faith in Wenger. It just seems odd for someone that is so smart and is so competitive and wants to win, why he would be so stubborn at the same time. It doesn't add up to me. :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 pm

let me get this straight, some of you want AW out because he isnt signing alot of players? do you know how stupid that sounds, believe portsmouth have signed over ten players, maybe you can go support them instead
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 pm

niko197 wrote:

Good Lord we can't let some drunken Croat get their hands on our beloved club. :smartass:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby niko197 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:50 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
niko197 wrote:

I don't personally think that Wenger can't be replaced. Of course there would be talented managers lining up for his job. But, if this is a case of the board tying Wengers hands together and the lack of transfers is not totally his fault, then to me why would any other manager want the job. While I am frustrated that we did not sign anyone, and so far it doesn't appear that Wengers "plan" is working, its hard for me to believe that he is just that stubborn. There has to be some dark things going on with our debt or something, and for one reason or another they don't feel the need to let us know this. If that is the case and Wenger has stayed with the club through this and played as their puppet then he's a saint. If in fact he is just being stubborn, then he's a ****. But how do any of us know for sure.

I am starting to question all this instead of just having faith in Wenger. It just seems odd for someone that is so smart and is so competitive and wants to win, why he would be so stubborn at the same time. It doesn't add up to me. :think:

good point, makes you wonder... :think:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:50 pm

ChVint, as I said, if its the board denying him cash then he must come out and say so otherwise as far as im concerned he is to blame.

Primorac is the only internal person we have who could be a candidate. But hes too close to the current set up for my liking.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 pm

Four league games and everyone's already suggesting a new name. We don't even know where we'll end up but...

And all cos some poster reckons we'll definitely be sh*te come season's end, but even if we win something it'll not be down to the manager's knowhow, it'll just be luck and the work of the physios.

What a load of tripe.

Shame on you all.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Trina » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

gunner2018 wrote:let me get this straight, some of you want AW out because he isnt signing alot of players? do you know how stupid that sounds, believe portsmouth have signed over ten players, maybe you can go support them instead

It isn't about just not signing players. It's about loosing quality players and not replacing them or making the team stronger.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:54 pm

gzagee wrote:Four league games and everyone's already suggesting a new name. We don't even know where we'll end up but...

And all cos some poster reckons we'll definitely be sh*te come season's end, but even if we win something it'll not be down to the manager's knowhow, it'll just be luck and the work of the physios.

What a load of tripe.

Shame on you all.

I wish everyone had been as constructive as your contributions were. Very classy.
So you probably dont have much business commenting on the worthiness or otherwise of this thread.

UFGN

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:54 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I don't personally think that Wenger can't be replaced. Of course there would be talented managers lining up for his job. But, if this is a case of the board tying Wengers hands together and the lack of transfers is not totally his fault, then to me why would any other manager want the job. While I am frustrated that we did not sign anyone, and so far it doesn't appear that Wengers "plan" is working, its hard for me to believe that he is just that stubborn. There has to be some dark things going on with our debt or something, and for one reason or another they don't feel the need to let us know this. If that is the case and Wenger has stayed with the club through this and played as their puppet then he's a saint. If in fact he is just being stubborn, then he's a ****. But how do any of us know for sure.

Take it or leave it mate, but the bloke I heard it from is a shareholder and doesn't do BS.

Fiszman and Wenger have had a major falling-out, and a new contract will not be offered to him if Fiszman has anything to do with it - which at the moment he has.

There are plenty of things going on at Board Level, you only have to look at the changes in the past few years.

I don't want to start a rant, or not in this thread anyway, but Fiszman got rid of DD for talking to Kroenke, then DD meets Usmanov, Fiszman meets Kroenke, Board members removed, new ones in, moving in the direction of a property company rather than a football club, etc., etc.

Something is rotten in the state of Arsenal FC.
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
gzagee wrote:Four league games and everyone's already suggesting a new name. We don't even know where we'll end up but...

What a load of tripe.

Shame on you all.

I wish everyone had been as constructive as your contributions were. Very classy.
So you probably dont have much business commenting on the worthiness or otherwise of this thread.

I reckon I've got as much right as the poster of this thread.
I don't think you have much if any managerial experience to call for someone's head so to insinuate your assertions are any betterthan mine's a bit rich.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby bishop05 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:57 pm

In wenger we trust.......well i do anyway
thanks for my av and sig!
bishop05
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts