Postby liam_cork » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

haha this is funny what a load of shit
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Thanks for that point Fordy it slipped my mind.

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.

the point being made is that we have acquired some of the best youngsters in the world, better than uniteds.
our young players are among the best in the world.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Also i'll add. Replace Wenger with who?
When i said i'm scared of where we would be once his gone is because it's not just about getting another manager but it's getting someone who love the club and fans as much as Wenger does, plus someone who the players will trust and respect as much as they do Wenger.
If Wenger goes, say goodbye to half the team because the harsh reality is - and i've said it before so i'll say it again - most players are here because of Wenger, not because they want to play for the Red and White of Arsenal.
It's not so black and white as people think.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

What do you reckon Man Utd's youngsters will be up to this season? Do you reckon maybe theyve all suddenly taken a big step back in their progress? Wellbeck and that big owf of a midfielder they have whos 18 but looks about 40

They will be better too by the reasoning of those who say our youngsters will have improved.

Although I'm not in the our depth is suddenly better boat. Fergie doesn't play his youngsters as much as Wenger does, so no, I don't think they have gained as much as experience as ours do.

Why do you reckon Fergie doesnt play his youngsters as much as Wenger does?

I know why, but thats not the point that was trying to be made was it?

No, but it is the bloody point isnt it. You hit the nail on the head. Fergie doesnt play his youngsters much compared to arsenal...... because he doesnt f***ing need to because he has a better, deeper squad. He knows that keeping a shallow squad like we do is foolish.

perhaps, but then that completely blows your "uniteds youngsters will have developed just as much as ours" argument out of the water.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 pm

gooneritis wrote:

the point being made is that we have acquired some of the best youngsters in the world, better than uniteds.

And they're getting games and experience. They are improving at a faster rate than ManU's 'promising youngsters'.

Our squad at the moment is just as strong as ManU's, and our first team could take their first team now.
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 pm

gooneritis wrote:

Oh Im sorry did you not see the affor-mentioned owf in action last season. FFS he looks pretty tallented to me. And Danny Wellbeck?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Cheese wrote:Also i'll add. Replace Wenger with who?
When i said i'm scared of where we would be once his gone is because it's not just about getting another manager but it's getting someone who love the club and fans as much as Wenger does, plus someone who the players will trust and respect as much as they do Wenger.
If Wenger goes, say goodbye to half the team because the harsh reality is - and i've said it before so i'll say it again - most players are here because of Wenger, not because they want to play for the Red and White of Arsenal.

Although I agree with you, thats an easy for the "Wenger Out" brigade, they're just going to say that they don't want most of those playes and they want them to go.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:58 pm

No Cheese, you're completely wrong about not wanting Wenger out.

We need to be more like Chavs, they have a Russian with loadsamoney- we have an Uzbek/Russian with loadsamoney.
Maybe a new brush will bring more success, i mean look at how many more CL finals Chavs have reached than us... Okay we've both reached only one CL final but that's not the point is it!
Okay, okay, they've won 2 more league titles since we last won it. Forget the fact their history began in 2003. And please ignore the fact that since they last won the league a mere 3 years ago they've had 5 different managers. It takes time to find the right man for the job.
So what if Wenger leaves, there's a multitude of other managers who can do a far better job. We won't need to put it down to the physios then would we, eh...
Oh and that Uzbeki? I can assure you he's nothing like the Roman. Nope. And don't worry about the rumours of his murky past forever tainting the good name of our club cos at the end of the day I just want trophies.
I don't care how it's done. Let's usurp Citeh & Real and SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!! Starting with Barbie and Carrick from Manure!! Just tlike when Citeh signed Tevez!! Yeah!!!!!!

UTA!!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Cheese » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Cheese wrote:A very good, true and honest post there.
I however certainly don't want Wenger gone. I'm not sure if it's because i still believe in him, or maybe i fear where we would end up without him. Perhaps a bit of both if i'm honest.
I do believe we are in a stable position and will move in the right direction.
I don't believe Wenger's lack of spending is totally down to stubboness. Wenger loves this club and i think he'd do anything to get us back to the top. But maybe he's scared if he buys big and fails, not only could Arsenal have finacial problems but we'd be no better off than we are now.

Hes SCARED? Its his job to buy players who can strengthen the squad. If he doesnt feel up to the job then thats another reason for him to go. To leave us riding by the seats of our pants yet again is reckless. If the club looses its CL place the consequences will be much worse than laying out a few million on one or two players.

Scared wasn't the right word but Wenger - if the money is avalilable - could go out spent it all and we finish 5th. No Chapions League, no trophies and a load of under performing world class players. If that happend that would finish Arsenal off.
Leeds (sorry Fordy) and Newcastle are living examples of this.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 pm

ease off UFGN guys, hes obviously just so upset that Oasis have split up!!!!
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Space » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Cheese wrote:Also i'll add. Replace Wenger with who?

Wenger will go in 2011. Half the team will also leave. Certainly Cesc will go to Barca, for one.

Now by 2011 I can see us being run by either Stan or Usmanov, and our great Club will be no more...so what does it matter. Enjoy the next game...it might be the last one! :crybaby:
Space
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Fordy wrote:I love this theory that Arsenal fans have, the season finishes and players go away and then 2-3 months later every one as got better while at the same time every other teams squads just stay as they are or in chelseas case in some people views get worse.

3 months, i would love to know what arsenal do to there players in 3 month that makes them so much better.

noones saying the youngsters will suddenly will be world beaters.
but it's a natural development curve, players at a certain age improve rapidly.
whereas the likes of chelsea and co who's squad is hugely made up of older players their natural improvement will be next to zero.
as our squad is made up so much of younger players there will always be some level of natural progression.
not necessarily going to make us world beaters but they'll add a bit more depth to our squad.
we've plenty of very talented youngsters who are naturally improving at a rapid rate who have picked up some great experience the last few years and are ready to take the step up into playing regular first team football.
that's a natural improvement to our squad imo.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
gooneritis wrote:

Oh Im sorry did you not see the affor-mentioned owf in action last season. FFS he looks pretty tallented to me. And Danny Wellbeck?

that's two. and are they in the same league talent wise as:
walcott, vela, wilshere, ramsey etc?

no team in the country can match the talent we have in our youth set up and we're at a point where a few of them are ready to prove themselves.

are you always this negative?
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:03 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:ease off UFGN guys, hes obviously just so upset that Oasis have split up!!!!

:lol: Surprised nobody said that yet.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cheese » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Most clubs try to run on a "balance the books" kind of attitude. Admittedly it's most smaller clubs that do, but we do it on a much larger scale. Yes we could be taken over and have unlimited amount of money, but what happens when they get bored? And if you think the clubs distant from the fans now it won't get any better being a rich persons play thing.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts