Your favourite gig?

Your favourite gig?

Postby ScottishLass » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Been to any gigs that you thought were really good? Care to shed a little light on them? What is the best gig you've ever been to?

Two come into mind for me.. Recently I went to Bon Jovi at hampden which was immense. My favourite gig I've ever went to though was Eric Clapton at the SECC - The man is genius.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Your favourite gig?

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Xavier Rudd was top draw for me, also Dave Matthews can put on a show, as well as the Chili Peppers, but I think the best I've been to probably has to be The Roots, I didn't stop dancing at that one.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Going Sterophonics on 20th December and Bad Manners the next day. With the Liverpool game inbetween.

Should be a good weekend :D
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:06 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Xavier Rudd was top draw for me, also Dave Matthews can put on a show, as well as the Chili Peppers, but I think the best I've been to probably has to be The Roots, I didn't stop dancing at that one.

The Roots are quality live!

I can't pick one though man I saw MJ in his prime at Wembley! I saw The Fugees up in Glasgow in about 95/96 in The Barrowlands that was amazing! The Hives were amazing live as well
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby the real gooner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Barrowlands love it.....thr cry from the stage is often, "the next dance is a fight!"

My best gig, Pink Floyd, The Wall Earls Court.....before most of you were born..
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:45 pm

the real gooner wrote:Barrowlands love it.....thr cry from the stage is often, "the next dance is a fight!"

My best gig, Pink Floyd, The Wall Earls Court.....before most of you were born..

My cousin used to do the doors there we got in for many a gig for f**k all saw The Verve up there in 97 as well tremendi!
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby the real gooner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 pm

I was stationed up that way for a short period saw some great gigs too. The Associates, The Skids, The Ruts and Tom Petty spring to mind.....
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Saw Morrissey last january at the Roundhouse. He had an absolutely stinking cold (the next day he cancelled the other dates so i was lucky) but he pulled it through amazing. He did some fantastic remixes of Smith classics as well as mixing it with his solo stuff.

He also put in the best and most well thought out show before he went on. Every other gig i have been to had nothing going on between the support act and the main act but Morrissey had a weird and funny projector show of foreign clips from the 40's-60's for us to view. Great stuff.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 pm

I saw Faith No More's last ever gig at the Brixton Academy.
That was fuckin awesome. Hard to think of a better one that I've been to really.
Tenacious D at the Hammersmith Apollo was pretty damned good.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ozgooner » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:47 pm

:BangHead: killer question ..... after much deliberation i have to settle for last years IRON MAIDEN gig . i never though i would get to see em live . they only played their early stuff (iron maiden at their prime) and i almost lost me shit when the first chords to "the trooper" started up . truly on the best nights of my life !!!

UP THE IRONS !!!

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am

the best for crowd involvment was the Madstock reunion at Finsbury Park in 1992 Ian dury rocked it and Madness were just awesome and fun i remeber me and my mate on oue kness singing "it must be love" to 2 german birds who loved it.
The best gig for total agression and rocking out was GNR at Wembley with Faith No More just blowing me apart..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:09 am

djaxster wrote:the best for crowd involvment was the Madstock reunion at Finsbury Park in 1992 Ian dury rocked it and Madness were just awesome and fun i remeber me and my mate on oue kness singing "it must be love" to 2 german birds who loved it.

Was that not '96?
I can remember going to see Madness at FP after we beat Spain at Wembley during Euro '96.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:36 am

For the best crowd involvememt FLaming Lips, paws down!
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby UFGN » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Been to loads of gigs. These stand out for me.

1 Oasis, Roundhouse, London: Tiny gig by their standards and a great performance, with full choir. Unique gig and I was very lucky to be there.

2 Radiohead, South Park, Oxford. Epic performance from the band, who are ridiculously talented musicians. You dont really appreciate that until you see them live. Finished with emotionally-charged performance of "Creep" in driving rain. Brilliant.

3 Prodigy, Stratford Rex, London. Just f*cking insane. Thats all I really have to say about that.

4 Oasis, Wembley Stadium. The only gig I ever saw at old Wembley, and what a gig it was. Just fantastic from start to finish.

5 Libertines, Brixton Academy, London. If you never got to see them when they were in their brief hay day, then take my word for it, they were immense live. So much energy. The drummer dived into the crowd and sparked a stage invasion at the end.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
5 Libertines, Brixton Academy, London. If you never got to see them when they were in their brief hay day, then take my word for it, they were immense live. So much energy. The drummer dived into the crowd and sparked a stage invasion at the end.

I actually can't believe I forgot about that one, what a f***ing gig. Pistol Pete was on fire that night!
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Next

Return to Music