All you music guru's..

Re: All you music guru's..

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:38 pm

Mazinho17 wrote:Yes well be that as it may for a so called 'no talent w***er who can't sing' he's sure made a lot more money than you'll probably ever see.

And he probably made more money off his songs than Marvin Gaye made off his in his life but does that make him a better artist than Marvin cos he pulled in cash? It really doesn't

I won't get into a talk about how much money I make on my business year to year but I will tell you that my wife has actually wrote one of the highest selling and most played songs of the last 4 years.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby damo1583 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:39 pm

Not a fan of his type of music ( far too sentimental for my pallet ), but when i have seen him on t.v he seems like a top bloke, yes he is ludicrissly posh but thats not his fault just a product of his enviroment. To be fair aswell he is an ex British army officer and has served his country with honour so he gets my respect for that alone.
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mazinho17 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
Mazinho17 wrote:Yes well be that as it may for a so called 'no talent w***er who can't sing' he's sure made a lot more money than you'll probably ever see.

And he probably made more money off his songs than Marvin Gaye made off his in his life but does that make him a better artist than Marvin cos he pulled in cash? It really doesn't

I won't get into a talk about how much money I make on my business year to year but I will tell you that my wife has actually wrote one of the highest selling and most played songs of the last 4 years.

Care to tell me the title of this song?
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Mazinho17 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:

Care to tell me the title of this song?

Ditto that.. I'm intrigued ADS. :D
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:49 pm

damo1583 wrote:Not a fan of his type of music ( far too sentimental for my pallet ), but when i have seen him on t.v he seems like a top bloke, yes he is ludicrissly posh but thats not his fault just a product of his enviroment. To be fair aswell he is an ex British army officer and has served his country with honour so he gets my respect for that alone.

Seems like a fair point.
The fact he's a toff; is that part of the reason he gets flack (aside from the singing of course).
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Nope she doesn't use her real name for work and I think pretty much everyone on here knows her name.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Nope she doesn't use her real name for work and I think pretty much everyone on here knows her name.

Thats a very valid point you brought to the table in the first place then.. Well done.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:26 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Nope she doesn't use her real name for work and I think pretty much everyone on here knows her name.

Thats a very valid point you brought to the table in the first place then.. Well done.

Eh?
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby UFGN » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Whoever it was on this thread who came out with the "oh, he's made loads of money" argument... that is the generic response of anyone who listens to bland, dull or otherwise irritating music. Someone else said he had shifted loads of CD's, a similar comment.

Bollocks. Loads of singers and bands make loads of money. B*Witched, Spice Girls, Cliff Richard, Michael Ball, Simply Bastard Red, Wet Wet Wet (most apt name for a group ever) have all sold millions and made millions. By your reasoning they should all be respected just because an awful lot of people have bought their tripe.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:59 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Whoever it was on this thread who came out with the "oh, he's made loads of money" argument... that is the generic response of anyone who listens to bland, dull or otherwise irritating music. Someone else said he had shifted loads of CD's, a similar comment.

Bollocks. Loads of singers and bands make loads of money. B*Witched, Spice Girls, Cliff Richard, Michael Ball, Simply Bastard Red, Wet Wet Wet (most apt name for a group ever) have all sold millions and made millions. By your reasoning they should all be respected just because an awful lot of people have bought their tripe.

To be honest UFGN, its called having an opinion - Certain people like certain kinds of music. I can pretty much guarentee I wont like half the music you like - yet I wouldn't dare come on and say its all pish and is a disgrace to music. If people like something it can't be completely bad - Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its the worst thing ever to happen to music.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Whoever it was on this thread who came out with the "oh, he's made loads of money" argument... that is the generic response of anyone who listens to bland, dull or otherwise irritating music. Someone else said he had shifted loads of CD's, a similar comment.

To be honest UFGN, its called having an opinion - Certain people like certain kinds of music. I can pretty much guarentee I wont like half the music you like - yet I wouldn't dare come on and say its all pish and is a disgrace to music. If people like something it can't be completely bad - Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its the worst thing ever to happen to music.

It is about opinion but not entirely... If you listen to some random piece of vomit off X Factor for example... They can sing, sure. They sing someone elses song, get idolised for it, when they have zero talent other than a powerful voice. They also probably have little knowledge of the musical heritage that created the song in the first place. Come with me down any random Chareoke bar and I'll find you one of those. I have a little more respect for the likes of Blunt but not much, and the reason for that is that his delivery of his music is so wet that it makes me cringe.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Mazinho17 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 am

No thats not what i meant at all. I was meerly saying Mr Blunt has made a hell of a lot more money than most other people will see in their lives. Nothing about musical ability just about money.
Anyway i still think the man is talented and brave and is nothing like the rubbish that is mass produced and fed to kiddies today using old songs which have been updated so all the kids think they are new and cool.
Also UFGN the correct spelling is karaoke.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Mazinho17 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:15 am

Well if everyone already knows her name on here then whats the harm in telling us the title of this song thats being played everywhere?
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Mazinho17 wrote:

Well if everyone already knows her name on here then whats the harm in telling us the title of this song thats being played everywhere?

Because she doesn't work under the name people on here know her as clearly.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby djaxster » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:20 pm

i don't like the guy hes songs are annoying and get stuck in my head and i end up whistling them all day and get weird lookss of my work mates. i really liked David Gray then all of a sudden you have Dildo oops sorry Dido and know james **** sorry Blunt and it seems that more peeps who like this kind of pop more of these artists come out...don't get me wrong you have got to be talented to play and sing but at the end of the day if i hear a song i don't like i change the station or listen to stations that don'y play this crap... i remember the old kiss fm with Steve potato Head Jackson and Graham Golde i used to love this station then they changed owners and i woke to f***ing britney ( i can sing and dance... but not at the same time) Spears onn there and that was 7years ago and i have never listend to kiss since..

Does anyone remember their dj Steve Jackson he was a gooner and always talking about us on his breakfast show and if you do remember him what happened to him?
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Music