All you music guru's..

All you music guru's..

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Quick question for you lot - Don't think James Blunt is your kind of music, I was just wondering does anyone in the know with music industry what actually happened to his ex girlfriend? I have heard a couple of stories - She died whilst he was in the army and he walked in on her cheating to name a couple. I'm just curious as something bad definately happened as he is practically crying when singing Goodbye My Lover at concerts. So anyone know the real story?

<--- Poor James.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: All you music guru's..

Postby Trina » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:07 pm

:(

Never really noticed before how he is with that song. I love James Blunt's songs, I could listen to his voice all day.

Never heard anything about his ex though, sorry.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Trina wrote::(

Never really noticed before how he is with that song. I love James Blunt's songs, I could listen to his voice all day.

Never heard anything about his ex though, sorry.

You should get Fordy to get you the Bedlam Sessions Live DVD for x-mas :D. Its really good. Thats what that video is taken from - I got it last night and watched it and thats what got me thinking, what did actually happen..
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:19 pm

She almost certainly died of a toxic mixture of mind-crushing boredom and soul-destroying embarrassment and shame.

Imagine listening to that wet fish practicing his musical atrocities, planning future musical genocide. It would be enough to do anyone in.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Trina » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 pm

I don't understand why people hate him so much :dontknow: He hasn't got a terrible voice at all!

He is also very funny. I watched him on Top Gear ages ago and he was just taking the piss out of himself.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:37 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:She almost certainly died of a toxic mixture of mind-crushing boredom and soul-destroying embarrassment and shame.

Imagine listening to that wet fish practicing his musical atrocities, planning future musical genocide. It would be enough to do anyone in.

I know hes not to everyones liking. If your facing facts though - The man has a talent and he knows how to sell it. Hence him having loads of people who love his work ( me and Trina for example ) and making loads of money from it in the process.. :)

What would you say if I told you that Led Zepplin were over-rated? :P
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Trina wrote:I don't understand why people hate him so much :dontknow: He hasn't got a terrible voice at all!

He is also very funny. I watched him on Top Gear ages ago and he was just taking the piss out of himself.

If I was James Blunt, I would take the piss out of myself as well.

How can I put this into words for you? If he caught one of those flesh-eating bugs, not only would I have a party and laugh myself half to death, but I would get a job as a porter in the hospital he was in, just so I could watch him suffer.

Cliff Richard
Celine Dion
Ronan Keating
James Blunt.

That there is a list of the musical axis of evil. Very few others are on that list.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Trina wrote:I don't understand why people hate him so much :dontknow: He hasn't got a terrible voice at all!

If I was James Blunt, I would take the piss out of myself as well.

How can I put this into words for you? If he caught one of those flesh-eating bugs, not only would I have a party and laugh myself half to death, but I would get a job as a porter in the hospital he was in, just so I could watch him suffer.

Cliff Richard
Celine Dion
Ronan Keating
James Blunt.

That there is a list of the musical axis of evil. Very few others are on that list.

Apart from 'beautiful' I don't know any of his stuff. I think I once heard he was a bit of a lothario but, not much else.
So Grabs, I'm intrigued to know why you think he's a "musical criminal" (general chit chat) and part of "the musical axis of evil".
Pray tell...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Git » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Heh. I like some of his work. He actually puts feeling behind his work and it's not just studio produced shit. There's a story behind some of his tracks. His voice isn't the worse thing in the world either.

I think calling him criminal is pretty criminal to be honest. Can anyone honestly single him out in the world of mass produced shit there is today? Fookin' hell, he's at least one bar above W****rs who put no feeling, emotion or story behind their lyrics.

I enjoy interpretation of songs above most things - and that's something that you can do with some of his works. Whereas you've got this crap that barely makes sense as a song, and lyrically is pretty challenged.

Far from him being a musical criminal. As for the original question? I have no idea, but it would make a world of sense.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:29 am

The thing with James Blunt is that the f***ing song he came out with, whatever it was called, was massively overrated by those c*** heads on the radio and arse wanks calling him lyrically gifted and amazingly talented. In actual fact the lyrics are shit and I couldn't give a manx cat's tails f**k about what the story is but since you asked I asked Jen who said this...

'...umm it's about drugs all songs are'

I then googled it which gave a wide arrey of crap that the bird died in a car crash, she died in child birth, she didn't die just the child, no-one died just the relationship. I'd give him a call to clarify.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:21 am

Git wrote:Heh. I like some of his work. He actually puts feeling behind his work and it's not just studio produced shit. There's a story behind some of his tracks. His voice isn't the worse thing in the world either.

I think calling him criminal is pretty criminal to be honest. Can anyone honestly single him out in the world of mass produced shit there is today? Fookin' hell, he's at least one bar above W****rs who put no feeling, emotion or story behind their lyrics.

I enjoy interpretation of songs above most things - and that's something that you can do with some of his works. Whereas you've got this crap that barely makes sense as a song, and lyrically is pretty challenged.

Far from him being a musical criminal. As for the original question? I have no idea, but it would make a world of sense.

:clap: His lyrics are simple but very effective. Its more the way he puts his point across emotionally that hooks me to be honest. Seems very passionate.

I also seen him on Top Gear Trina. He was hillarious. :D

So all you Blunt haters can bugger off. :P :P :sneaky:
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mazinho17 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:24 am

I like Mr Blunt the man can actually sing not like most other people on the popular charts today. Also he can sing different songs and not sound exactly the same (looking at you beyonce).
I seen him on Top Gear and he was a very funny man. His story about selling his sister on Ebay was quite good too.
A talented and brave man. It wasn't his fault that other music is so bad that the radios overplayed his songs.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabby » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:08 pm

As much as his songs depress the f**k out of me, I think he has actually got a very good voice. He sings very well he's a proper artist atleast, in that vid he's singing live and it sounds as good as it does on his album, which is very rare.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:44 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Git wrote:Heh. I like some of his work. He actually puts feeling behind his work and it's not just studio produced shit. There's a story behind some of his tracks. His voice isn't the worse thing in the world either.

:clap: His lyrics are simple but very effective. Its more the way he puts his point across emotionally that hooks me to be honest. Seems very passionate.

So all you Blunt haters can bugger off. :P :P :sneaky:

For simple and effective read shit and bland.

I also seen him on Top Gear and the sight of his teeth much like his songs made me wanna kill myself. Most depressing songs ever and that includes more depressing than Radiohead. He wasted a good show that night.

And like Keane and all thsoe other poncey little bands of which peopel think they are so deep and into great music - serial bedwetters! It is no coincidence Blunt rhymes with cu.....
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Mazinho17 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:29 pm

So all you Blunt haters can bugger off. :P :P :sneaky:[/quote]

For simple and effective read shit and bland.

I also seen him on Top Gear and the sight of his teeth much like his songs made me wanna kill myself. Most depressing songs ever and that includes more depressing than Radiohead. He wasted a good show that night.

And like Keane and all thsoe other poncey little bands of which peopel think they are so deep and into great music - serial bedwetters! It is no coincidence Blunt rhymes with cu.....[/quote]

Yes well be that as it may for a so called 'no talent w***er who can't sing' he's sure made a lot more money than you'll probably ever see.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Next

Return to Music