All you music guru's..

Re: All you music guru's..

Postby gzagee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:36 pm

djaxster wrote:i don't like the guy hes songs are annoying and get stuck in my head and i end up whistling them all day and get weird lookss of my work mates. i really liked David Gray then all of a sudden you have Dildo oops sorry Dido and know james **** sorry Blunt and it seems that more peeps who like this kind of pop more of these artists come out...don't get me wrong you have got to be talented to play and sing but at the end of the day if i hear a song i don't like i change the station or listen to stations that don'y play this crap... i remember the old kiss fm with Steve potato Head Jackson and Graham Golde i used to love this station then they changed owners and i woke to f***ing britney ( i can sing and dance... but not at the same time) Spears onn there and that was 7years ago and i have never listend to kiss since..

Does anyone remember their dj Steve Jackson he was a gooner and always talking about us on his breakfast show and if you do remember him what happened to him?

After getting the Wellington from Kiss he went onto digital radio for a minute. Ain't heard a dickie bird of him since.
Used to love his breakfast show with "Streetboy! Streetboy! Streetboy!"
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby the real gooner » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Whoever it was on this thread who came out with the "oh, he's made loads of money" argument... that is the generic response of anyone who listens to bland, dull or otherwise irritating music. Someone else said he had shifted loads of CD's, a similar comment.

Bollocks. Loads of singers and bands make loads of money. B*Witched, Spice Girls, Cliff Richard, Michael Ball, Simply Bastard Red, Wet Wet Wet (most apt name for a group ever) have all sold millions and made millions. By your reasoning they should all be respected just because an awful lot of people have bought their tripe.

To be honest UFGN, its called having an opinion - Certain people like certain kinds of music. I can pretty much guarentee I wont like half the music you like - yet I wouldn't dare come on and say its all pish and is a disgrace to music. If people like something it can't be completely bad - Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its the worst thing ever to happen to music.

It is about opinion but not entirely... If you listen to some random piece of vomit off X Factor for example... They can sing, sure. They sing someone elses song, get idolised for it, when they have zero talent other than a powerful voice. They also probably have little knowledge of the musical heritage that created the song in the first place. Come with me down any random Chareoke bar and I'll find you one of those. I have a little more respect for the likes of Blunt but not much, and the reason for that is that his delivery of his music is so wet that it makes me cringe.

All this coming from an Oasis fan is laughable. They are comical posturing and comdemning all around while clearly plagiarising the Beatles. Jay Z was brilliant at Glastonbury where he so gently took the pi** out of Noel :rofll: this is all an opinion but judging by the rest of the crowd and the sales ot their latest album of Beatles covers not one I'm on my own with :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:12 pm

the real gooner wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Whoever it was on this thread who came out with the "oh, he's made loads of money" argument... that is the generic response of anyone who listens to bland, dull or otherwise irritating music. Someone else said he had shifted loads of CD's, a similar comment.

Bollocks. Loads of singers and bands make loads of money. B*Witched, Spice Girls, Cliff Richard, Michael Ball, Simply Bastard Red, Wet Wet Wet (most apt name for a group ever) have all sold millions and made millions. By your reasoning they should all be respected just because an awful lot of people have bought their tripe.

To be honest UFGN, its called having an opinion - Certain people like certain kinds of music. I can pretty much guarentee I wont like half the music you like - yet I wouldn't dare come on and say its all pish and is a disgrace to music. If people like something it can't be completely bad - Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its the worst thing ever to happen to music.

It is about opinion but not entirely... If you listen to some random piece of vomit off X Factor for example... They can sing, sure. They sing someone elses song, get idolised for it, when they have zero talent other than a powerful voice. They also probably have little knowledge of the musical heritage that created the song in the first place. Come with me down any random Chareoke bar and I'll find you one of those. I have a little more respect for the likes of Blunt but not much, and the reason for that is that his delivery of his music is so wet that it makes me cringe.

All this coming from an Oasis fan is laughable. They are comical posturing and comdemning all around while clearly plagiarising the Beatles. Jay Z was brilliant at Glastonbury where he so gently took the pi** out of Noel :rofll: this is all an opinion but judging by the rest of the crowd and the sales ot their latest album of Beatles covers not one I'm on my own with :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

So its comical that Oasis take influences and then add something new, but Jay Z is brilliant when he has made a whole career out of sampling other artists?

Do you really think I'm not used to responding to the old Beatles critisism of Oasis, after 14 years? There is what X Factor vomit mongers do, which is frankly chareoke, then there is what talented musicians do when creating new music, even admittedly under heavy influence from other artists.

Can I remind you that not only did the Beatles (who I think were great by the way) rip off melodies left right and centre throughout their whole career, but they actually put covers of other artists' songs on their studio albums. I think the total number of covers released by the Beatles on albums is ten.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Mazinho17 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
the real gooner wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

So its comical that Oasis take influences and then add something new, but Jay Z is brilliant when he has made a whole career out of sampling other artists?

Do you really think I'm not used to responding to the old Beatles critisism of Oasis, after 14 years? There is what X Factor vomit mongers do, which is frankly chareoke, then there is what talented musicians do when creating new music, even admittedly under heavy influence from other artists.

Can I remind you that not only did the Beatles (who I think were great by the way) rip off melodies left right and centre throughout their whole career, but they actually put covers of other artists' songs on their studio albums. I think the total number of covers released by the Beatles on albums is ten.

Hey UFGN, what is chareoke?
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gzagee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:18 pm

Going off on a tangent here.
Jay-Z is lyrically one of the best rappers ever. And he never writes his lyrics, he just raps to the flow.
However, I do remember once a NY DJ put together a compilation of some of his lyrics and I couldn't believe how many lines he'd actually bitten from other rappers.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby the real gooner » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
the real gooner wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

I think you mean Karaoke. I am not a rap fan however I think Jay Z showed everyone how puerile Noel was suggesting that Glastonbury wouldn't work with him headlining and imo that was what was brilliant. Oasis don't resort to cover versions openly they just steal songs and then pretend they wrote them. :lol:
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:29 pm

gzagee wrote:Going off on a tangent here.
Jay-Z is lyrically one of the best rappers ever. And he never writes his lyrics, he just raps to the flow.
However, I do remember once a NY DJ put together a compilation of some of his lyrics and I couldn't believe how many lines he'd actually bitten from other rappers.

And lets be totally honest here... it is the samples that make the tunes catchy. If he had to write his own music he would never have got off the ground.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Mazinho17 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm

the real gooner wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
the real gooner wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

I think you mean Karaoke. I am not a rap fan however I think Jay Z showed everyone how puerile Noel was suggesting that Glastonbury wouldn't work with him headlining and imo that was what was brilliant. Oasis don't resort to cover versions openly they just steal songs and then pretend they wrote them. :lol:

Isn't that what most of the so called 'singers' on the pop charts do these days? Just steal songs and redo them a bit?
For the record my fav band/group is REM. Close second to Powderfinger.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:37 pm

the real gooner wrote:

Well OK. You can say that Oasis do that if you like. I would point out to you that Noel has always been honest about using influences. But heres the thing... Oasis use influences and add new music. Most of their songs are not lifted, only some are. And even the ones that have clearly have "borrowed" elements have a new dimension.

Most bands do it. But Oasis became famous for it because of Cigarettes and Alcohol and Dont Look Back In Anger, and now its become like a game for people to pick melodies out of their songs, while other bands get away with routinely doing exactly the same thing.

The Beatles did it. Chuck Berry did it. The Bee Gees did it.... and most modern bands also do it, but they do so by adding new songs, melodies etc. Pop trash like that lot off X Factor and the like add nothing and release the same tripe all the time. How many versions of "Unchained Melody" does the world need? The original was OK

UFGN

Postby Mazinho17 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
the real gooner wrote:

Well OK. You can say that Oasis do that if you like. I would point out to you that Noel has always been honest about using influences. But heres the thing... Oasis use influences and add new music. Most of their songs are not lifted, only some are. And even the ones that have clearly have "borrowed" elements have a new dimension.

Most bands do it. But Oasis became famous for it because of Cigarettes and Alcohol and Dont Look Back In Anger, and now its become like a game for people to pick melodies out of their songs, while other bands get away with routinely doing exactly the same thing.

The Beatles did it. Chuck Berry did it. The Bee Gees did it.... and most modern bands also do it, but they do so by adding new songs, melodies etc. Pop trash like that lot off X Factor and the like add nothing and release the same tripe all the time. How many versions of "Unchained Melody" does the world need? The original was OK

Yeah that whole just take an old song and re-sing it (usually worse) shits me to tears. Your Example of 'Unchained Melody' is a great one every Tom, Dick and Harry has a version especially on those terrible t.v. singing shows and moronic people go out and buy the cd. I guess at least people who rip off others songs but change a bit even just a little bit are putting in some sort of effort.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby the real gooner » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Got to keep doing covers imo might miss a peach!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aLC3uT3aCoE
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby niko197 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:56 pm

there is some roumor that he was shot in the balls while he was in army and he discovered that his voice is perfect to become new nick carter/justin timberlake bla bla cry baby!

i have nothing against him, but his songs are soooooo depressing, and makes me want to kill myself for no reason!

to be honest, i once sang his song on caraoce because it was my girlfriends birthday and she was his biggest fan! that was f***ing embarrassing! :rofll:

ads i have no idea who is your wife! only thing i know is that she is really hot!!! if you ever broke up with her give her my number!! :sneaky2:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:03 pm

niko197 wrote:
i have nothing against him, but his songs are soooooo depressing, and makes me want to kill myself for no reason!

:rofll:

niko197 wrote:to be honest, i once sang his song on caraoce because it was my girlfriends birthday and she was his biggest fan! that was f***ing embarrassing! :rofll:

Jesus Christ man :naughty:

Just get out. I have called a taxi for you. :doh:

UFGN

Postby Laura » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:19 pm

ScottishLass wrote:Quick question for you lot - Don't think James Blunt is your kind of music, I was just wondering does anyone in the know with music industry what actually happened to his ex girlfriend? I have heard a couple of stories - She died whilst he was in the army and he walked in on her cheating to name a couple. I'm just curious as something bad definately happened as he is practically crying when singing Goodbye My Lover at concerts. So anyone know the real story?

<--- Poor James.

She was a very posh girl, probably suffocated under a pile of designer handbags or something. I went to a gig once where she turned up with a load of cronies and spent all night shouting about how she was with him. This was when he put out his first album though
he's criminally small for a man too. But you know, he's done alright for himself, why knock him. We dont have to listen to it if we dont want
Laura
Patrick Vieira

Previous

Return to Music