Freddie (God) Mercury

Re: Happy 65th Birthday, Freddie (God) Mercury

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Futuo wrote:do dead people still have birthdays?

U2, Bowie & Quo were just as good as Queen at Live Aid, but they aren't dead or gay so hardly get a look in.

The Smiths without Morrisey wouldn't have been the Smiths FFS, you don't half spout some crap.

So youre a homophobe as well as a moron. Why dont you grow up.

Deary me we dont have many twits on this forum but it looks like we have the biggest one since GES here.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Futuo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:55 pm

UFGN wrote:So youre a homophobe as well as a moron. Why dont you grow up.

Deary me we dont have many twits on this forum but it looks like we have the biggest one since GES here.

Not in the least bit homophobic I just hate reversed prejudice. All the guff re Queen's Live Aid performance is exactly that, U2 were better and Bowie (who of course is Bi but hey lets not let facts get in the way of another of your clueless posts) and Quo were just as good as Queen.

Smiths without Morrisey - and I'm the twit, yeah right :dontknow:
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Artemis8 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Futuo wrote:
UFGN wrote:So youre a homophobe as well as a moron. Why dont you grow up.

Not in the least bit homophobic I just hate reversed prejudice.

Smiths without Morrisey - and I'm the twit, yeah right :dontknow:

I live in Salford and people from his own town cant stand him. Did u not read his comments about the Norway massacre. He also demands restaurants/festivals be meat free before he attends. Utter tool...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/28/morrissey-norway-attacks-mcdonalds-kfc
Artemis8
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Best frontman ever and one of the best voices in terms of range and power. I still have a poster on my wall of Freddie I love him so much.

As for Morrissey he is a supreme lyricist and an acquired taste singer, I love his voice though so it is all gravy. I have seen him twice in the last 2 1/2 years and each concert was rammed to the brim. He can draw crowds at his age that many artists at the moment could only dream of. He is undoubtedly a music legend and was voted the second greatest living British icon after David Attenborough recently.

He has been a total prick in the press recently though, thoroughly ashamed of him.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Best frontman ever and one of the best voices in terms of range and power. I still have a poster on my wall of Freddie I love him so much.

As for Morrissey he is a supreme lyricist and an acquired taste singer, I love his voice though so it is all gravy. I have seen him twice in the last 2 1/2 years and each concert was rammed to the brim. He can draw crowds at his age that many artists at the moment could only dream of. He is undoubtedly a music legend and was voted the second greatest living British icon after David Attenborough recently.

He has been a total prick in the press recently though, thoroughly ashamed of him.

I dont doubt his lyrics are brilliant.

But imagine "Big Mouth Strikes Again" or "How Soon Is Now" delivered by a singer who can really hold a note with power... with the brilliant Johnny Marr's guitars. Would have been superb.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby yosifun » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Just to make it clear, he was bisexual, not gay, a small difference but still.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:08 pm

I still don't get the significance of his sexuality. He was a bloody talented singer and entertainer. You get a damn site more Freddie's on karaoke nights than any of the other artists mentioned above - and most of them are straight men!!!

My dad is a big fan of Queen so I grew up listening to their music and still love it. I really like two performances on the Freddie Mercury tribute concert (which I have on DVD). Axel Rose and Elton John (yes really!) doing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' gives me goosepimples every time. Also, I don't get emotional easily, but Brian May doing 'Too much love will kill you' gets me choked every time. There are some awesome performances by some big names at that concert which shows how well thought of Freddie was by his peers in the music industry as well as his fans!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I still don't get the significance of his sexuality. He was a bloody talented singer and entertainer. You get a damn site more Freddie's on karaoke nights than any of the other artists mentioned above - and most of them are straight men!!!

My dad is a big fan of Queen so I grew up listening to their music and still love it. I really like two performances on the Freddie Mercury tribute concert (which I have on DVD). Axel Rose and Elton John (yes really!) doing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' gives me goosepimples every time. Also, I don't get emotional easily, but Brian May doing 'Too much love will kill you' gets me choked every time. There are some awesome performances by some big names at that concert which shows how well thought of Freddie was by his peers in the music industry as well as his fans!!!

Freddie's mind blowing performance of Who Wants To Live Forever from Wembley 86 is difficult to listen to. Makes me well up even having heard it dozens of times.

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Check out the random thread!!!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14609&start=900
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby djaxster » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:42 pm

On the Live Aid documentary Bono explains how Freddie nearly pinned him to a wall and said how much he loved U2's performance and acting all camp and gooey over Bono who didn't ralise he was gay and someone had to explain to Bono. "They are called Queen. Do you get it?"
:rofll:
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Had a lot of musical influences growing up, my step dad had the sickest vinyl collection ive ever seen to date, so i was exposed to Jimmy Cliff, Gregory Issacs, Quo, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Michael Jackson (the early years), Al Green and of course Queen!!!

I always used to bug him to whack on Radio Gaga amongst other tunes on lazy Sunday afternoons.

The Mercury was a true legend who ill never forget one of the bygone singers that not many could ever touch.

I'll never forget the first time i watched Waynes World, I went absolutely nutso when the Bohemian Rhapsody came on. That song was, is and will always be pure genius.

When the drop hits, theres only one thing anyone can do, go f***ing crazy!!!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 pm

UFGN wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:I still don't get the significance of his sexuality. He was a bloody talented singer and entertainer. You get a damn site more Freddie's on karaoke nights than any of the other artists mentioned above - and most of them are straight men!!!

Freddie's mind blowing performance of Who Wants To Live Forever from Wembley 86 is difficult to listen to. Makes me well up even having heard it dozens of times.

Love of my life is my favourite from that concert, the whole crowd is tuned in
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Love of my life is my favourite from that concert, the whole crowd is tuned in

I have owned recordings (originally a tape recorded off the radio) of that concert since I was six years old. My mum gave it to me the day after the concert. I have heard it so many times I couldnt even guess a number. Its probably the single most influential thing musically in my whole life.

And it still sounds fresh!

UFGN

Postby Futuo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 am

Youngie wrote:I live in Salford and people from his own town cant stand him. Did u not read his comments about the Norway massacre. He also demands restaurants/festivals be meat free before he attends. Utter tool...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/28/morrissey-norway-attacks-mcdonalds-kfc

Not saying he isn't a bit of a twonk, but careful as he's gay you may be accused of being homophobic. But the Smiths without him just wouldn't have been the same. Like T Rex without Bolan, Police without Sting or Fleetwood Mac without Fleetwood, AC/DC without Angus etc.

Dirty old town eh.

djaxster wrote:On the Live Aid documentary Bono explains how Freddie nearly pinned him to a wall and said how much he loved U2's performance and acting all camp and gooey over Bono who didn't ralise he was gay and someone had to explain to Bono. "They are called Queen. Do you get it?"
:rofll:

U2 were awesome at Live Aid, but of course it's trendy for the sheep to slag off Bono these days.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Tribute concert from '92 on sky arts 1 at 1020pm

If you haven't seen it its awesome

Elton/axel doing bohemian rhapsody is awesome (posted it somewhere a while ago but couldn't find it)!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Music