kings of leon Only by the Night

kings of leon Only by the Night

Postby djaxster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 pm

i have had a copy of this for a week and let me tell you this is the best of kol.
gone (sadly) are the really deep south heavy sound has gone the nearest you get to it is the 2nd track called "crawl" which would probably hit kol level 3. And thats what makes this album so very different from the first 2 its more like the nicer/softer sounds of album 3 "because of the times".
Tracks 4 use somebody and track 6 revelry are right up there with call me and are very softer sounding.
track 3 sex is on fire is as we know gr8 but its not the best track. Caleb was surprised that this was released as the first single and you will understand him when you listen to this.
manhattan and 17 are the weakest tracks on here but they still sound good track 8 notion is a relly good track and is track 9 notion which stands out as a kol track. track 10 be somebody is probably the best song to lead into the beautiful but haunting sound of cold desert in which we see kol telling us about their fears which most rock bands would never do.

The big cahanges is this album are that the kol dont take it over level 3 which is gr8 but would love to have seen a big heavy sounding song in there. also we can here Caleb beter than we have heard him on previous albums / track and apparently he has said that he now has things to say that he wants peeps to hear.
this is the KOL growing up and considering the youngest is still 22 they have definetly achieved tht from the first 2 albums... but don't worry they still seem to pull off that deep south sound" swamp rock" as my mate says but its just not as heavy....rock/alternative like the killers these boys could soon be knocking them of that top spot
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: kings of leon Only by the Night

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:54 pm

Hasn't everyone already been listening to this for about 2 weeks now?

Class album, Manhatten is easy the ebst track on there.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby djaxster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Hasn't everyone already been listening to this for about 2 weeks now?

Class album, Manhatten is easy the ebst track on there.

tell me about i was waiting for it to come out today but my mate kept going on last week about it i had to give in and get a copy of him.

not sure about manhattan but i do love revelry andthat beautiful use somebody.
i just think that Caleb has got one of the best voices of his generation and its gr8 that hes showing that..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 pm

just been informed that my fav track of the album "use somebody " is going to be the next single. if you have bbc1player check out jools holland as they were on there and they played sex on fire, call me and the above tune..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ozgooner » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:00 am

lovin it !!! bought the cd yesterday although i did have a illegal downloaded copy over a week ago . the burnt copy was just for preview purposes and i was always goin to buy the real cd . use somebody is my fave ;)

molly's chambers off their 1st album or four kicks off their second album is still their best songs i reckon ;)

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:46 am

That reminds me I still have Jools to watch on my Sky planner.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby djaxster » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 pm

ozgooner wrote:lovin it !!! bought the cd yesterday although i did have a illegal downloaded copy over a week ago . the burnt copy was just for preview purposes and i was always goin to buy the real cd . use somebody is my fave ;)

molly's chambers off their 1st album or four kicks off their second album is still their best songs i reckon ;)

i agree with Mollys Chamber but i do love california waiting. i haven't actually heard much of their 2nd album as of my mates said it was really heavy. HMV are selling it for a fiver so i may just get it this weekend.

so a question to kol fans do you prefer them really heavy or the more softer sound?
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Music