Rap/Hip-Hop 2000-now

Re: Rap/Hip-Hop 2000-now

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Em is about to make MGK famous. It was like he had that response just waiting. I mean there is a video and everything already. I guess you can accomplish all that in a few days, but this is the highlight of his career.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Wow, Slim Shady is back.

Top 3 living rappers

1. Nas
2. 3000
3. Eminem
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 pm

For starters, this is Eminems manager on Eminem mentioning Drake. It was obvious anyway. Eminem has no business going after Drake.

Zedie wrote:A perfect example was after he got torched by an actual rapper, his only response was to release a legal statement via his lawyer on twitter to limit damage from his black minstrel picture ffs. That was hurting his image.

Legal statement? Where??

Zedie wrote:He's so corporate, he hid his child from the world in order to tie the baby's announcement in with a clothing line deal. I mean seriously.

Yet no one ever confirmed the Adidas deal?

The only thing that was confirmed was from YeezyMafia about the clothing line being named "Adidon" which wasn't true at all.

Drakes deal with Nike was coming to an end and that's when the rumours of a massive deal started.

"Cheques over stripes, that's what I liked". Adidas got bumped.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:49 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:For starters, this is Eminems manager on Eminem mentioning Drake. It was obvious anyway. Eminem has no business going after Drake.

Yeah he just happened to mention views a bunch of times and talk about ghost writing in the same bar.

Anyone who isn't retarded knows it's about Drake.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Ain't nobody smoother than Biggie.

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:For starters, this is Eminems manager on Eminem mentioning Drake. It was obvious anyway. Eminem has no business going after Drake.

Yeah he just happened to mention views a bunch of times and talk about ghost writing in the same bar.

Anyone who isn't retarded knows it's about Drake.

Christ. This is shades of Cripps saying Arsenals twitter is run by kids ffs :rofll: :rofll:

THIS IS EMINEMS OWN MANAGER.

Views could be about numerous rappers like i've already said.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:20 pm

Yup yup. He's done it again.

L they said. Lol.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Imagine thinking Pusha didn't give Drake an L.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:57 am

Diss tracks aren't a real way to determine who is better anyway. If you want to see who is a better lyricist/MC, then you have to have a live freestyle battle. I'm pretty sure we can mostly agree Em would win that one.

Ever see The Game's interview where he talks about Em? He even admits he wouldn't battle rap Em and most rappers admit they wouldn't either. Lyrically his rhyme scheme is just more complex than most rappers. And he actually says meaningful clever things, not just a bunch of mumbling shit like the average new age rapper today.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:31 pm

The only rapper who might've beat Em in a freestyle battle is Big L.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:The only rapper who might've beat Em in a freestyle battle is Big L.

I would imagine there are a few out there to be honest. Some just specialize in that area. But lets be honest, Drake is no where close to having Em's lyrical ability. Drake can make a good catchy song, and his stuff isn't bad by any means, but he ain't touching Em talent wise.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:20 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:The only rapper who might've beat Em in a freestyle battle is Big L.

I would imagine there are a few out there to be honest. Some just specialize in that area. But lets be honest, Drake is no where close to having Em's lyrical ability. Drake can make a good catchy song, and his stuff isn't bad by any means, but he ain't touching Em talent wise.

I'm talking certified rappers, not some random guy whose hobby is battle rapping.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello there

Looking for rock rap type stuff ala Beastie Boys / RATM but current... ie last five years

Please no teeny crap. Looking for some intense shit. Hit me
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:50 pm

StLGooner wrote:

Drake can go toe to toe with absolutely anybody when he wants to.

People said Meek would bury him when their whole beef started but look how that went. Drake turned him into a meme.

J Prince said Drake had a career ending diss for Pusha but told him not to put it out. Which is probably the smart thing to do since anyone who is clued up knows Pusha is Kanye's puppet who got his 5 minutes of fame.

The next few months will be a very interesting period for rap.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:38 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Drake can go toe to toe with absolutely anybody when he wants to.

People said Meek would bury him when their whole beef started but look how that went. Drake turned him into a meme.

J Prince said Drake had a career ending diss for Pusha but told him not to put it out. Which is probably the smart thing to do since anyone who is clued up knows Pusha is Kanye's puppet who got his 5 minutes of fame.

The next few months will be a very interesting period for rap.

There is no such thing as a career ending diss or battle. I highly doubt anything said personally about someone in a battle would end someones career, so maybe stop incorporating those childish comments by rappers into your arguments. It's all just banter, but you seem to be taking it seriously.

I get it you like Drake, you'll always think he's better than anyone. His rhymes say differently though. Is he a good all around artist? Yes. But the art of MC'ing missed him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Music