Rap/Hip-Hop 2000-now

Re: Rap/Hip-Hop 2000-now

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:The only rapper who might've beat Em in a freestyle battle is Big L.

I would imagine there are a few out there to be honest. Some just specialize in that area. But lets be honest, Drake is no where close to having Em's lyrical ability. Drake can make a good catchy song, and his stuff isn't bad by any means, but he ain't touching Em talent wise.

Drake can go toe to toe with absolutely anybody when he wants to.

People said Meek would bury him when their whole beef started but look how that went. Drake turned him into a meme.

J Prince said Drake had a career ending diss for Pusha but told him not to put it out. Which is probably the smart thing to do since anyone who is clued up knows Pusha is Kanye's puppet who got his 5 minutes of fame.

The next few months will be a very interesting period for rap.

You mean Drake's ghostwriters, right?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:51 pm

You bunch of Bastards

Three of you just blanked my post

Bah
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:57 pm

UFGN wrote:Hello there

Looking for rock rap type stuff ala Beastie Boys / RATM but current... ie last five years

Please no teeny crap. Looking for some intense shit. Hit me

Not exactly new, new (as in, they've been around for a decade), but Twenty One Pilots are still pretty good.

Post Malone

AJR kinda sorta

But idk if there is any intense shit anymore.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:58 pm

UFGN wrote:You bunch of Bastards

Bah

stfu I just did <3 <3 <3
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:00 pm

LMAO wrote:

Bah

stfu I just did <3 <3 <3

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Bah

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Very much a thing of the past.

Manafest maybe?
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:03 pm

I think that genre peaked with tunes like Sabotage and Bullet in the Head

In all the years since I've never heard anything that scratches the itch in quite the same way

UFGN

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:06 pm

StLGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:The only rapper who might've beat Em in a freestyle battle is Big L.

I would imagine there are a few out there to be honest. Some just specialize in that area. But lets be honest, Drake is no where close to having Em's lyrical ability. Drake can make a good catchy song, and his stuff isn't bad by any means, but he ain't touching Em talent wise.

People said Meek would bury him when their whole beef started but look how that went. Drake turned him into a meme.

J Prince said Drake had a career ending diss for Pusha but told him not to put it out. Which is probably the smart thing to do since anyone who is clued up knows Pusha is Kanye's puppet who got his 5 minutes of fame.

There is no such thing as a career ending diss or battle. I highly doubt anything said personally about someone in a battle would end someones career, so maybe stop incorporating those childish comments by rappers into your arguments. It's all just banter, but you seem to be taking it seriously.

Do you even know who J Prince is?

And what am I taking seriously here? Lol. But banter, Oh really?

Over the weekend, we learned that you put in a phone call to Drake and asked him to avoid responding to Pusha-T’s “The Story of Adidon.” How much convincing did that take?

Me and Drake have a mutual respect for one another. When I speak, he listens. When he speaks, I listen. I spoke in a manner where it made sense. I didn’t use my words loosely or lightly. I had some substance about what I said. Basically, in a nutshell, we have a situation that crossed the line of music. He dissed Drake’s mom, he disrespected his father, he disrespected 40 -- a man that’s dying, who’s ill. He crossed the line where music is concerned. We are people with a movement. This ain’t happen with Drake by accident.

Banter.....
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:08 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:Hello there

Looking for rock rap type stuff ala Beastie Boys / RATM but current... ie last five years

Please no teeny crap. Looking for some intense shit. Hit me

Not exactly new, new (as in, they've been around for a decade), but Twenty One Pilots are still pretty good.

Post Malone

AJR kinda sorta

But idk if there is any intense shit anymore.

Twenty One Pilots isn't a bad shout actually. Probably the closest you're going to get these days.

Think they've just released a new album aswell.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:21 pm

StLGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

There is no such thing as a career ending diss or battle. I highly doubt anything said personally about someone in a battle would end someones career, so maybe stop incorporating those childish comments by rappers into your arguments. It's all just banter, but you seem to be taking it seriously.

Do you even know who J Prince is?

And what am I taking seriously here? Lol. But banter, Oh really?

Over the weekend, we learned that you put in a phone call to Drake and asked him to avoid responding to Pusha-T’s “The Story of Adidon.” How much convincing did that take?

Me and Drake have a mutual respect for one another. When I speak, he listens. When he speaks, I listen. I spoke in a manner where it made sense. I didn’t use my words loosely or lightly. I had some substance about what I said. Basically, in a nutshell, we have a situation that crossed the line of music. He dissed Drake’s mom, he disrespected his father, he disrespected 40 -- a man that’s dying, who’s ill. He crossed the line where music is concerned. We are people with a movement. This ain’t happen with Drake by accident.

Banter.....

You missed the point. Saying someones career is going to end because of a diss is the part that's banter buddy. Who's career ended? It's all metaphorical.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Drake can't go toe to toe with actual lyricists and Eminem is GOAT tier.

Drake could pen a diss song and Eminem would still win with a freestyle off the top.

Be serious.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Mac Miller apparently dead from overdose.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Drake can't go toe to toe with actual lyricists and Eminem is GOAT tier.

Drake could pen a diss song and Eminem would still win with a freestyle off the top.

Be serious.

Would he have been as successful if he was black?

Would he have the same amount of notoriety if he was black?

Desert Orchid was a very good race horse. But there's only one reason people really remember him

(Yeah, I'm going there.....)

UFGN

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:42 pm

He wouldn't have been as successful but Eminem is an all time great based on merit.

Arguably the most skilled rapper of all time, flow, multisyllabics, rhyme schemes and lyrics are all crazy.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:He wouldn't have been as successful but Eminem is an all time great based on merit.

Arguably the most skilled rapper of all time, flow, multisyllabics, rhyme schemes and lyrics are all crazy.

Can he actually perform the multi-syllable tounge twister shit live?

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Music