iron maiden down under !!!

iron maiden down under !!!

Postby ozgooner » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:26 pm

not sure how relevant this will be to many of you , (git will probably be the only one who gives a shit) :lol: but i got iron maiden tix on friday . they play mid feb and i just can't wait . maiden was the first band that i really got into and haven't toured oz in something like 17 years . i'll be sure to post some pics up .

up the irons !!!

ImageImage

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:41 am

Haha, I was thinking, I'm going to be the only one to reply to this.

Congratulations mate, have an awesome time. :D
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: iron maiden down under !!!

Postby ozgooner » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:53 pm

yeah i thought you would be the only one to reply git ;)

can i play with madness !!!

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 pm

I didn't know these cats were still around. It has been awhile, late 80's or something.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ken day » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:39 pm

I know steve harris mother in law, i have met him a few times, he does not drink and he has a hand shake like a wet fish. Nice bloke though and he has got a great couple o.f kids
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ozgooner » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 am

well last night was possibly the greatest night of my life . i finally can say i've seen the irons live . they opened with "aces high" and followed that with "2 minutes to midnight" . the tour was called somewhere back in time and they only played songs from their first 5 albums (by far their best stuff). bruce dickinson still has his fantastic voice and the band remained tight as ever . steve harris with his trademark running bass and three guitarists (jannick gers , dave murray and adrian smith) took turns playing the solos . nicko mcbrain behind his massive 680 piece drumkit (ok maybe an exageration) :lol: brutalised the skins as usual . probably my favourite song "the trooper" bruce came out dressed as a cavalryman waving the union jack and the crowd went f***ing nuts . all the hits were played including to name a few "can i play with madness" "rime of the ancient mariner" and "run to the hills" to finish off they played "hallowed be thy name" . the sound was spot on , the lights and pyro was awesome and even a big 12ft "eddie" came out on stage for one song . i took a heap of photos with me phone but only one came out halfway decent .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:36 am

Lucky bastard.

Hope it's just as good as when I see them in June/Julyish. :3:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ozgooner » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:42 am

if it's the somewhere back in time tour you'll be right mate , they only played stuff from the iron maiden album thru to the somewhere in time album (maidens golden age) , although they did play fear of the dark ;)

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Oy! I give a shit, as well you know! :P

I've seen Maiden live, and they are PHENOMENAL!

Enjoy :D
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Music