Noel Gallagher album announced

Noel Gallagher album announced

Postby djaxster » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:38 am

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/noel-gal ... o-releases

Noel Gallagher has held a press conference to reveal plans for two new solo releases.

Leaving Oasis behind, Noel Gallagher vowed to think through his next move carefully. Freed from the shackles of the group, the guitarist kept fans guessing as rumours mounted about potential projects.

Two shows in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust aside, Noel Gallagher has rarely made any public appearances. Now the guitarist has held a press conference in London revealing plans for his latest solo venture.

Recorded in 2010 and 2011, new album 'Stop The Clocks' will be released this Autumn. Unveiling plans for the record, Noel Gallagher revealed that the material was co-produced by David Sardy.

The guitarist's own Sour Mash label will handle the release, with 'Stop The Clocks' set to drop on October 19th. Containing ten tracks, guest musicians include the Crouch End Festival Choir, Jeremy Stacey (drums), Mikey Rowe (keyboards) and Mark Neary (double bass).

Begun in London, the album was completed in Los Angeles earlier this year. The lead single has yet to be decided, although plans for new outfit Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds to tour are in the pipeline.

Tracklisting is as follows:

Everybody's On The Run
Dream On
If I Had A Gun...
The Death Of You And Me
(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
Aka... What A Life!
Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks
Aka... Broken Arrow
(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach

Meanwhile, Noel Gallagher is also planning a second record. A companion piece of sorts to 'Stop The Clocks' the new album is part of the guitarist's continuing collaboration with Amorphous Androgynous.

Due for release in 2012, the full details for that album are set to emerge shortly.

I bet UFGN is excited.. I believe he is about 10 years to late. He should have split Oasis after the 3rd album.. The solo stuff he was doing then was amazing.. But i will still get this as i think Liam is a prick and Noel's always been my favourite.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Noel Gallagher album announced

Postby Trina » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 am

I watched something the other night with Liam on. Sorry but when he sang he was absolute shite, it was shocking.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mg86 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Trina wrote:I watched something the other night with Liam on. Sorry but when he sang he was absolute shite, it was shocking.

Noel on the other hand in his solo shows has been rediculously good.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Obviously I dont agree re Liam. You can all see from my sig that he is an absolute hero to me but I know he can put in some shoddy performances sometimes. This is not the case with him at the moment. Most of his recent performances have been top draw. I saw him with Beady Eye at the Albert Hall a few months ago and he blew the roof off. His power and delivery were as good as I have ever heard from him.

Noel's record should be good. Just an addition, the list above dosent include Stop The Clocks, which will be the tenth track on the album. Stop the Clocks is an old song, as is Record Machine. Record Machine is proper old skool Noel.

Im looking forward to the album but more importantly for me, the tour. cant wait. I think my annual leave is going to take a bit of a hammering around about October / November.

Long live Oasis

Long live rock 'n' roll

LIVE FOREVER :hail:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CraigGunner » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:22 am

I do not like him. Mainly because he is a City fan.
CraigGunner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Return to Music