What are you listening to?

Re: In the news today....

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:14 pm

UFGN is on point here.

If you're just into catchy jingles, just be honest and say that you're not really into music, that you just like something in the background while you wash the dishes. It's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But also... stay away from me.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Not everyone is into classical music. Some can't stand it.

Personally I fail to see how anyone could see this as anything but magnificent.

Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Est83 wrote:UFGN is on point here.

If you're just into catchy jingles, just be honest and say that you're not really into music, that you just like something in the background while you wash the dishes. It's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But also... stay away from me.

Amen
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19

Postby aniym » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Wet.

Theyre for people who just listen to anything or "arent really into music"

The same people say things like "come on, Cliff Richard isn't that bad"

What a load of rubbish! :lol:

People listen to all sorts of music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's no good.

Its got to have a soul. Theres nothing there

Theres only one thing you need to know about Chris Martin. Out of all the rock n roll greats he could choose from, do you know who he sees as a roll model? Someone to emulate?

Jagger maybe? Lennon? Hendrix? Gilmour? Bowie?

No.

Jon Bon actual Jovi :doh:

And if you still dont see the problem after that, youre part of the problem!!

He's a businessman first and foremost. JBJ is 35 years past their commercial peak and still releasing albums, touring and raking in cash. All of their members are alive, drug free and scandal free. The definition of polished corporate soft rock.

Coldplay's first album was indebted to Radiohead. Decent music but nothing to sell out a stadium to. Every album since then has diluted the formula more and more until 2008 when they went full on mom rock.

In the 2020s they'll probably syarys releasing Christmas albums exclusively, or whatever geriatrics listen to before they croak.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:14 pm

aniym wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

People listen to all sorts of music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's no good.

Theres only one thing you need to know about Chris Martin. Out of all the rock n roll greats he could choose from, do you know who he sees as a roll model? Someone to emulate?

No.

He's a businessman first and foremost. JBJ is 35 years past their commercial peak and still releasing albums, touring and raking in cash. All of their members are alive, drug free and scandal free. The definition of polished corporate soft rock.

Coldplay's first album was indebted to Radiohead. Decent music but nothing to sell out a stadium to. Every album since then has diluted the formula more and more until 2008 when they went full on mom rock.

In the 2020s they'll probably syarys releasing Christmas albums exclusively, or whatever geriatrics listen to before they croak.

This guy gets it. Youre right about the first album as well
UFGN

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:21 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

No.

Ok, Boomer.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:29 pm

UFGN how do you go with Xmas carols ?

Love music also just cant do rap all this " went to the shop for a loaf of bread, went back home with a dozen eggs " all that gangster shit all but a few have been there..
Besides Barry Manalow writes the songs that make the whole world sing lol
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:38 pm

VCC wrote:UFGN how do you go with Xmas carols ?

Love music also just cant do rap all this " went to the shop for a loaf of bread, went back home with a dozen eggs " all that gangster shit all but a few have been there..

What kind of rap have you been listening to? :grin:

Rap is such a huge genre that it's a disservice to pigeonhole it into either dumb lyrics or gangsta rap. It's like someone saying they hate fantasy novels because Twilight is targeted at preteen girls.

There's hick-hop (country rap), 35-year-old single white mom rap (Drake), political rap, rappers who tell stories through their bars, absolute bangers (party anthems), mellow stuff for when you're kicking back, and so much more.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Christmas music is a dark, dark place for me. Im like a fatty scoffing cheeseburgers and crying afterwards. I know its wrong but I still do it.

I draw the absolute f***ing line at Cliff Richard's Christmas atrocities though. That c*** is one of the worst musical criminals of all time

Rap is a genre I dont have much interest in but I dont dismiss it out of hand. Some of those guys are very talented writers
Last edited by UFGN on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UFGN

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:47 pm

LMAO wrote:

Rap is such a huge genre that it's a disservice to pigeonhole it into either dumb lyrics or gangsta rap. It's like someone saying they hate fantasy novels because Twilight is targeted at preteen girls.

There's hick-hop (country rap), 35-year-old single white mom rap (Drake), political rap, rappers who tell stories through their bars, absolute bangers (party anthems), mellow stuff for when you're kicking back, and so much more.

Mate I'd rather listen to barry manilow now that is a huge statement it's a kind of heat the razor blades statement lol.
I understand what you are saying I just can not do it for anymore than a couple tracks at a time.
Hendrix has always been my default setting for music
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:58 pm

VCC wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Mate I'd rather listen to barry manilow now that is a huge statement it's a kind of heat the razor blades statement lol.
I understand what you are saying I just can not do it for anymore than a couple tracks at a time.
Hendrix has always been my default setting for music

And that's completely fair. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I'm not chastising you for not liking it, just making sure others reading know there are numerous subgenres.

Now, Jimmy is someone we can agree on. Shame he died so young :(
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:Not everyone is into classical music. Some can't stand it.

That is one of my favorites, how could anybody not love this?
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Not everyone is into classical music. Some can't stand it.

That is one of my favorites, how could anybody not love this?

I respect it, but I feel like that's music you play at a funeral.

I was really waiting for the break beat, and the tempo to jump up and then dancers come out and start twerking! :1990_dancing.gif:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Anyone who enjoys classical music and lives in London, you should go to the proms.
~60 concerts a year by world class orchestras at the Albert Hall. Its not expensive
UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:40 pm

UFGN wrote:

Christmas music is a dark, dark place for me. Im like a fatty scoffing cheeseburgers and crying afterwards. I know its wrong but I still do it.

I draw the absolute f***ing line at Cliff Richard's Christmas atrocities though. That c*** is one of the worst musical criminals of all time

Rap is a genre I dont have much interest in but I dont dismiss it out of hand. Some of those guys are very talented writers

In the spirit of the seasonal tidings ............

What's everyones favourite Xmas song?

Without putting too much thought into it I'd propbably say The Pogues - Fairy tale of Newyork.

George Michaels - Last Christmas .......... although a big slice of 80's cheese, def gets you feeling nostalgic as I've probably heard it every Christmas of my life since I can remember.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Music