Page 233 of 234

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 pm
by Callum
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Nice song! Do him and his brother still not get along?


They dont talk and still slag each other publicly. Its disappointing.

Im loving Liam's solo stuff

Wish I can say the same. It feels very dated and unoriginal. Much prefer Noel's newer stuff where he seems to be trying something different.

I saw Liam here in Toronto in 2017 and he buggered off without doing an encore. I'm still bitter. :crybaby:

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 pm
by UFGN
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Nice song! Do him and his brother still not get along?


They dont talk and still slag each other publicly. Its disappointing.

Im loving Liam's solo stuff

Wish I can say the same. It feels very dated and unoriginal. Much prefer Noel's newer stuff where he seems to be trying something different.

I saw Liam here in Toronto in 2017 and he buggered off without doing an encore. I'm still bitter. :crybaby:


The whole point about Liam is he's rock n roll

Rock n roll is timeless

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:16 pm
by Callum
UFGN wrote:
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Nice song! Do him and his brother still not get along?


They dont talk and still slag each other publicly. Its disappointing.

Im loving Liam's solo stuff

Wish I can say the same. It feels very dated and unoriginal. Much prefer Noel's newer stuff where he seems to be trying something different.

I saw Liam here in Toronto in 2017 and he buggered off without doing an encore. I'm still bitter. :crybaby:


The whole point about Liam is he's rock n roll

Rock n roll is timeless

There's also a lot of boring, average rock and roll.

He's a great frontman and was a great singer. He can't sing too well anymore, and he's a poor songwriter. I've no real reason to listen to him anymore because the music he makes now wouldn't be popular if he wasn't the ex frontman of Oasis.

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:22 pm
by UFGN
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Nice song! Do him and his brother still not get along?


They dont talk and still slag each other publicly. Its disappointing.

Im loving Liam's solo stuff

Wish I can say the same. It feels very dated and unoriginal. Much prefer Noel's newer stuff where he seems to be trying something different.

I saw Liam here in Toronto in 2017 and he buggered off without doing an encore. I'm still bitter. :crybaby:


The whole point about Liam is he's rock n roll

Rock n roll is timeless

There's also a lot of boring, average rock and roll.

He's a great frontman and was a great singer. He can't sing too well anymore, and he's a poor songwriter. I've no real reason to listen to him anymore because the music he makes now wouldn't be popular if he wasn't the ex frontman of Oasis.


I don't know how you can say he cant sing well after hearing his recent songs.

Its a fabrication. Something people just say without any base. Hes a better singer now than just about any comparable artist.

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:18 pm
by Callum
UFGN wrote:I don't know how you can say he cant sing well after hearing his recent songs.

Its a fabrication. Something people just say without any base. Hes a better singer now than just about any comparable artist.

He's good in the studio but very shaky live. His Glastonbury performance was poor, I thought, and he can't sing a lot of Oasis's old songs well at all.

This is from last year:



You can't claim that isn't a poor vocal performance, and it's one example of many.

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:42 pm
by UFGN
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't know how you can say he cant sing well after hearing his recent songs.

Its a fabrication. Something people just say without any base. Hes a better singer now than just about any comparable artist.

He's good in the studio but very shaky live. His Glastonbury performance was poor, I thought, and he can't sing a lot of Oasis's old songs well at all.

This is from last year:



You can't claim that isn't a poor vocal performance, and it's one example of many.


Poor performance. I dont know why he chooses Champagne Supernova. He clearly doesn't enjoy singing it

He was fine a few weeks ago at Ally Pally

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:59 pm
by Callum
UFGN wrote:Poor performance. I dont know why he chooses Champagne Supernova. He clearly doesn't enjoy singing it

He was fine a few weeks ago at Ally Pally

Aye he still rocks some of the big tunes, just needs to stay away from the more ballad-y ones.

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm
by Callum
Also, you might appreciate this UFGN



Juvenile, admittedly.

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:23 pm
by UFGN
Callum wrote:Also, you might appreciate this UFGN



Juvenile, admittedly.


Couldn't find Acquiesce, Hindu Times, Shakermaker, The Swamp Song, Columbia, Married With Children, Be Here Now, Gas Panic, A Quick Peep, or The Importance of Being Idle on there :shock:

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:37 am
by Phil71
Has there been a better singer?


Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:52 pm
by Va-Va-Voom
Phil71 wrote:Has there been a better singer?



Many

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm
by Est83
Since becoming a dad, I've listened to less Mobb Deep, and more George Ezra...

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 am
by Callum

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:07 pm
by Phil71

Re: What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:40 pm
by Phil71