What are you listening to?

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:36 pm

StLGooner wrote:It would seem to me that people that listen to a wide variety of music are more into music than those that just listen to a little.

That's like saying you're "really into art", but only like acrylic painting. :lol:

Ah but theres a difference between having a wide range of tastes and having no taste at all.

Using the Art analogy, liking Coldplay would be like saying, "hmm yeah I like art, mainly asbestos based artex ceilings, and pictures painted by monkeys with their own feces"
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:40 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:It would seem to me that people that listen to a wide variety of music are more into music than those that just listen to a little.

That's like saying you're "really into art", but only like acrylic painting. :lol:

Ah but theres a difference between having a wide range of tastes and having no taste at all.

Using the Art analogy, liking Coldplay would be like saying, "hmm yeah I like art, mainly asbestos based artex ceilings, and pictures painted by monkeys with their own feces"

True there is a difference. But just because you have a wide range of taste, doesn't mean you don't have any. Music is art, and one persons junk can be another persons art. Each to their own ya know.

I'm no cold play fan, but have seem them in concert. Dude puts on a good show to be fair, considering the type of music it is.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Surely it’s all about what makes you happy? Seeing the crowd watching their Glastonbury gig a few years back.....and I didn’t see any unhappy faces.

There is much hate in your heart UFGN....turn away from the Dark Side you must!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:49 pm

I picture UFGNs neighbours crying out, "For CHRIST's SAKE ! Not F****** CHAMPAGNE SUPER F***** NOVA AGAIN!" :doh:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:53 pm

I'll explain further

I love music with a deep passion. Much more so than football. Id sooner go without food than give up my Spotify account

I respect most music, even stuff I dont like, with one condition: Its got to be real.

I despise manufactured pop. It has no soul. Coldplay to me are an extension of this.

Theres another issue as well.... I distrust and dislike people who aren't into music. I dont mind what you dig but you gotta dig something. I would respect a Coldplay superfan who goes to loads of their gigs, really loves the music etc

But to me, Coldplay are a band that people who dont actually care much about music default to as an answer. Its modern day elevator music... easily consumed and forgotten. Thats why, if you like Coldplay, my hackles are up straight away
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Thats why, if you like Coldplay, my hackles are up straight away

Could be worse....I just had the misfortune of hearing Robbie Williams new Christmas song! FFS!! :crybaby:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:10 pm

I like whatever makes me happy, I love my music it is the food for my soul, I don't like all music just what tickles my pickle.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Wet.

Theyre for people who just listen to anything or "arent really into music"

The same people say things like "come on, Cliff Richard isn't that bad"

What a load of rubbish! :lol:

People listen to all sorts of music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's no good.

:clap: :clap: :biggrin:
Nuggets

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:14 pm

UFGN is on point here.

If you're just into catchy jingles, just be honest and say that you're not really into music, that you just like something in the background while you wash the dishes. It's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But also... stay away from me.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Not everyone is into classical music. Some can't stand it.

Personally I fail to see how anyone could see this as anything but magnificent.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Est83 wrote:UFGN is on point here.

If you're just into catchy jingles, just be honest and say that you're not really into music, that you just like something in the background while you wash the dishes. It's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But also... stay away from me.

Amen

UFGN

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

People listen to all sorts of music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's no good.

Its got to have a soul. Theres nothing there

Theres only one thing you need to know about Chris Martin. Out of all the rock n roll greats he could choose from, do you know who he sees as a roll model? Someone to emulate?

Jagger maybe? Lennon? Hendrix? Gilmour? Bowie?

No.

Jon Bon actual Jovi :doh:

And if you still dont see the problem after that, youre part of the problem!!

He's a businessman first and foremost. JBJ is 35 years past their commercial peak and still releasing albums, touring and raking in cash. All of their members are alive, drug free and scandal free. The definition of polished corporate soft rock.

Coldplay's first album was indebted to Radiohead. Decent music but nothing to sell out a stadium to. Every album since then has diluted the formula more and more until 2008 when they went full on mom rock.

In the 2020s they'll probably syarys releasing Christmas albums exclusively, or whatever geriatrics listen to before they croak.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:14 pm

aniym wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Theres only one thing you need to know about Chris Martin. Out of all the rock n roll greats he could choose from, do you know who he sees as a roll model? Someone to emulate?

No.

He's a businessman first and foremost. JBJ is 35 years past their commercial peak and still releasing albums, touring and raking in cash. All of their members are alive, drug free and scandal free. The definition of polished corporate soft rock.

Coldplay's first album was indebted to Radiohead. Decent music but nothing to sell out a stadium to. Every album since then has diluted the formula more and more until 2008 when they went full on mom rock.

In the 2020s they'll probably syarys releasing Christmas albums exclusively, or whatever geriatrics listen to before they croak.

This guy gets it. Youre right about the first album as well

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:21 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

No.

Ok, Boomer.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:29 pm

UFGN how do you go with Xmas carols ?

Love music also just cant do rap all this " went to the shop for a loaf of bread, went back home with a dozen eggs " all that gangster shit all but a few have been there..
Besides Barry Manalow writes the songs that make the whole world sing lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Music