Most memorable concert/gig

Most memorable concert/gig

Postby gzagee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:01 pm

What was your most memorable concert or gig? Who were playing? Where was it held? Why was it so memorable?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Bonnaroo 2006. Its a big music festival held in Machester, Tennessee every year. You camp out for 4 days and try to catch as many shows as possible, its like Woodstock, with as much drugs, drinking, and nudity as you can get. Its bananas.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goose » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:12 pm

The best concert I went, was great because I knew the person organising it, so I got free, it was a great show and I got into the exclusive after party and hung out in the VIP with the performers, drinking free Dom Perignon and Crystal.....

Who were the performers?

P Diddy
Lil Kim
Doug E Fresh
Bounty Killer
Usher
Junior Mafia
+ Others

Also at the after party I was hanging out with J-Lo, Naomi Campbell, Macy Gray and more,
with Puff Daddy giving us his champagne, my mate gushing to Doug-E Fresh telling him he is his biggest fan

and to top it all off, it was my birthday
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Probably Feile the year Prodigy played. The line up was great that day, then Prodigy came on late and the place was absolutely bouncing.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby whee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Maybe Kasabian at the BIC down the road from me.

Fought my way from the back of the hall to front row, took me most of the set like, but I got there for the last 3 or 4 tracks.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh yeah Busta Rhymes concert, he didnt get a work permit and could not perform, so a riot broke out, it was pandemonium
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Too many to list really, but off the top of my head -

Tool at Manchester Apollo
Korn at Manchester Apollo
Coheed and Cambria at Manchester Academy
Metallica at Reading '03
Black Sabbath (original lineup) at Ozzfest '98
Prodigy at Reading '99
Slipknot at Nottingham Rock City (their first ever UK gig)
New Order at Reading '99
LA Guns at Stoke Sugarmill (because my band were supporting them :P )
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ozgooner » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:11 pm

mine would probably be iron maiden at brisbane entertainment centre . it was the somewhere back in time tour which saw the band fly a customised boeing 757 (ed force one , piloted by frontman bruce dickinson nonetheless) 50000 miles around the world and play 23 concerts in just 45 days . the irons played all their hits from their golden age (1981 - 1988)

highlights for me were -

the trooper
hallowed be thy name
aces high
2 minutes to midnight
fear of the dark
rime of the ancient mariner (well over 25 minutes long)

it was the iron maiden of old , the iron maiden that turned me to metal 20 years ago when iwas a 14 year old shitrat , the iron maiden that i thought i had missed out on seein all those years ago in full flight .

epic concert , amazing lighting and props , 3 lead guitarists , a manic drummer , the worlds master of the running bass and an enigmatic frontman .

f***ing sensational !!!!!!!!!!

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby whee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Fuckin hell, someone get Ozzie a tissue, think he's about to blow a wad...
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ozgooner » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 pm

whee wrote:Fuckin hell, someone get Ozzie a tissue, think he's about to blow a wad...

they were playin gigs in baghdad when you were still in your dads bag mate , i wouldn't expect you to understand mate ;)

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 pm

ozgooner wrote:mine would probably be iron maiden at brisbane entertainment centre . it was the somewhere back in time tour which saw the band fly a customised boeing 757 (ed force one , piloted by frontman bruce dickinson nonetheless) 50000 miles around the world and play 23 concerts in just 45 days . the irons played all their hits from their golden age (1981 - 1988)

highlights for me were -

the trooper
hallowed be thy name
aces high
2 minutes to midnight
fear of the dark
rime of the ancient mariner (well over 25 minutes long)

it was the iron maiden of old , the iron maiden that turned me to metal 20 years ago when iwas a 14 year old shitrat , the iron maiden that i thought i had missed out on seein all those years ago in full flight .

epic concert , amazing lighting and props , 3 lead guitarists , a manic drummer , the worlds master of the running bass and an enigmatic frontman .

f***ing sensational !!!!!!!!!!

How could I have forgotten "The Maiden" ?! :doh: :dizzy: :hiding:

Sensational gig!! :hail:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:34 pm

1 Oasis, Roundhouse, London: Tiny gig by their standards and a great performance, with full choir. Unique gig and I was very lucky to be there.

2 Radiohead, South Park, Oxford. Epic performance from the band, who are ridiculously talented musicians. You dont really appreciate that until you see them live. Finished with emotionally-charged performance of "Creep" in driving rain. Brilliant.

3 Prodigy, Stratford Rex, London. Just f*cking insane. Thats all I really have to say about that.

4 Oasis, Wembley Stadium. The only gig I ever saw at old Wembley, and what a gig it was. Just fantastic from start to finish.

5 Libertines, Brixton Academy, London. If you never got to see them when they were in their brief hay day, then take my word for it, they were immense live. So much energy. The drummer dived into the crowd and sparked a stage invasion at the end.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby goonerghost » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 am

Gotta be Radiohead

I saw them last July at All Points West ( a relatively new music festival that takes place outside NYC)

Just absolutely fantastic performance in the shadow of the New York Skyline

Ill be heading to APW again this year, for The Beastie Boys, Arctic Monkeys and tons and tons of others.
goonerghost
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gouldinho » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:18 am

Guns n Roses, RDS, Dublin 2006:
Me and my mates worship this band and although it wasnt the full band it was somthing we never though we would see. Great day and a great gig.

AC/DC, o2 arena, Dublin 2009:
Again it was something we never thought we would see. The tickets for the gig sold out after 3 minutes. Luckily i was camped outside ticketmaster from 2am. The day itself was perfect, it was sunny and we had a BBQ in my mates gaff and got hammered before it. The gig itself was the best ive ever been to. It was the best day of my life by a distance

AC/DC, Punchestown, Kildare 2009:
Only a few weeks ago. I was only out of hospital a week so i said to the lads if i stay with all you i will end up getting hammered and ending up back in hospital so im going to the gig alone. Amazingly i randomly bumped into the lads on Irelands busiest street. So i ended up getting hammered with them. The gates were not open whne we arrived so there were about 10,000 people sitting in a field drinking cans outside (one of the days highlights) The gig was brilliant, i got seperated from my mates in the place so i headed to the back and enjoyed it by myself. I still cant believe ive seen AC/DC twice in a the space of a few months :hail:
IT WAS CESC FABREGAS INSPIRED
gouldinho
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby SE13 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:22 am

James at Alton Towers in 1991.

The reason it was so memorable was because a huge storm in the afternoon flew much of the stage away, and they had to rebuild it in a hurry. It also turned the grass bank into a mud slide, and I was almost crushed when I went over on it. I then had an asthma attack, and was lifted over the crowd by the crowd to the first aid bit at the front. So there was I, attached to oxygen, right in front of the stage with the best view in the house!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Next

Return to Music