Most memorable concert/gig

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:00 pm

he was 50 mate
only 57 when he died
i was in the 1st flush of love with my future ex wife
had eat a nice hash cack and was feeling on top of the world
if morrisey could do that gig now he would have the crowd eating out of his hand
but he was up his own arse at the time
madness were great but durys cheeky chappy in front of that funky band nicked the day for me
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby mg86 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:32 am

I haven't ever had the compulsion to dance at a concert like the Steve Aoki one I saw a few weeks ago.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Prince » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 am

Micheal Angelo Batio last year. Want to go for metallica this october but can't. :crybaby:
Twitter : @VarunChandaria
Prince
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Swan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 am

just saw pearl jam in toronto on sept 11 f***ing amazing show they played the shit out of the tunes they were so on fire . i'm still buzzing from it..

they played chloe dancer/crown of thorns together (never have before i hear) and finished the night off with a 15 min version of rocking in the free world and uncle neil came out f**k it was an amazing show..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby djaxster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:46 am

Swan wrote:just saw pearl jam in toronto on sept 11 f***ing amazing show they played the shit out of the tunes they were so on fire . i'm still buzzing from it..

they played chloe dancer/crown of thorns together (never have before i hear) and finished the night off with a 15 min version of rocking in the free world and uncle neil came out f**k it was an amazing show..

What a result Neil was there.
Was this the gig to tie in with the releaseof PJ20?
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Swan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:44 pm

those pj20 gigs happened the weekend before but a lot of people are saying this T.O show was better..

it was legen ----- wait for it -------dary...
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Harry Kane at the Brits
Awks
starmandb

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:52 am

Off to see both Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys in the space of a couple of weeks in the summer in Toronto. Can't wait for both.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 am

Callum wrote:Off to see both Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys in the space of a couple of weeks in the summer in Toronto. Can't wait for both.

You c***

I'm jelly AF

Watching Jonny Greenwood playing live is an eye opener. One of the most talented musicians of his generation. Thom still has a hell of a set of pipes as well. You nevet know what theyre going to play though.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 am

UFGN wrote:
Callum wrote:Off to see both Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys in the space of a couple of weeks in the summer in Toronto. Can't wait for both.

You c***

I'm jelly AF

Watching Jonny Greenwood playing live is an eye opener. One of the most talented musicians of his generation. Thom still has a hell of a set of pipes as well. You nevet know what theyre going to play though.

I think that's what excites me most - there's 50+ songs or so I'll be buzzing to hear and it'll feel like a privilege. They're the bucket list band for me so I'm over the moon I actually got a ticket.

What's your favourite record of theirs? I've only just "gotten" Kid A and holy f*ck is it incredible.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 am

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:

You c***

I'm jelly AF

I think that's what excites me most - there's 50+ songs or so I'll be buzzing to hear and it'll feel like a privilege. They're the bucket list band for me so I'm over the moon I actually got a ticket.

What's your favourite record of theirs? I've only just "gotten" Kid A and holy f*ck is it incredible.

Obviously I love the Bends and OK Computer. They are great albums. But my next favourite is Amnesiac. There's some great songs on it.

I Might Be Wrong
You and Who's Army
Packt Like Sardines
Pyramid Song
Life In a Glasshouse

It kinda goes as a set with Kid A because it's from the same recording sessions
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:

You c***

I'm jelly AF

Obviously I love the Bends and OK Computer. They are great albums. But my next favourite is Amnesiac. There's some great songs on it.

I Might Be Wrong
You and Who's Army
Packt Like Sardines
Pyramid Song
Life In a Glasshouse

It kinda goes as a set with Kid A because it's from the same recording sessions

Interesting that you prefer Kid A to Amnesiac. Not been able to really get into the latter yet.

For me, in order of preference, their albums go:

In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
A Moon Shaped Pool
The Bends
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

Top 3 are all masterpieces.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Well if you like the more recent albums you'll probably be happy with the playlist.

In case you didn't know, Jonny Greenwood wrote the score for There Will Be Blood. It's a great film anyway, but when you know it's him it gives the soundtrack an interesting dimension

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:09 pm

My most memorable would have to be my first concert, which was Van Halen and Alice in Chains, but not so much for the music, but because I saw my first pair of tits up close and in real life, I was 12. I still love that girl. Ha!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:28 pm

StLGooner wrote:My most memorable would have to be my first concert, which was Van Halen and Alice in Chains, but not so much for the music, but because I saw my first pair of tits up close and in real life, I was 12. I still love that girl. Ha!

12, bit of a late bloomer for a hill billy? ;)

My fav gig was R Kelly in his hey day in the 90's and Roachford.

Loved the Roachford one even though it was in basically a big bar / pub and he was on a small stage, so many classic songs you rarely hear.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Music