Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again

Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again

Postby Trina » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:50 pm

You can't say anything these days :rolleyes:

BBC television presenter Jeremy Clarkson has apologised for calling British Prime Minister Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".
Clarkson, known to audiences worldwide as the face of the BBC's popular Top Gear car show, made the comment during a press conference in Sydney while comparing Brown, who lost the sight in one eye in an accident suffered while playing rugby as a teenager, to his Australian counterpart Kevin Rudd.

Clarkson was sharply criticised for the remarks by British politicians and the Royal National Institute of Blind People.

In a statement released by BBC Worldwide, the international arm of the BBC, Clarkson said: "In the heat of the moment I made a remark about the prime minister's personal appearance for which, upon reflection, I apologise."

A spokesman for Mr Brown's Downing Street office declined to comment on Clarkson's remarks.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 77,00.html
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again

Postby damo1583 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:00 pm

For the record Clarkson is correct!

He is one eyed, he is Scottish and he is an idiot!

The defence rests M'lud!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 pm

damo1583 wrote:For the record Clarkson is correct!

He is one eyed, he is Scottish and he is an idiot!

The defence rests M'lud!

Indeed he was telling the truth but I do think Clarkson is a bit of a cock.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Sveve_o » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:09 pm

He just doesn't look like a proper Prime mike a minister.
He looks too much like a monkey! :?
Sveve_o
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Clarkson says what everyone else is afraid to, and for that, he is a legend.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cheese » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:11 pm

gunngunn wrote:Clarkson says what everyone else is afraid to, and for that, he is a legend.

Agreed. I wish people on TV wern't so f***ing PC, or worried about upsetting someone or another.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:15 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
gunngunn wrote:Clarkson says what everyone else is afraid to, and for that, he is a legend.

Agreed. I wish people on TV wern't so f***ing PC, or worried about upsetting someone or another.

Its just the mentality of this f***ing country mate, its a joke.

The media stir up so much shit but nothing ever comes back to haunt them, JC is the only journalist who tells it like it is, regardless of the ramifications. Even those so called ''tough'' journo's like that John Gaunt wouldn't say half the stuff JC does.

He should be the f***ing Prime Minister :hail: :hail: :hail:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 pm

See the thing that gets me about him is that I sometimes enjoy the watching of Top Gear but this whole idea of him being a great guy cos he says what he feels is crap. There is a difference between not bowing down to the PC brigade and actually hiding behind that as an excuse to spread his xenophobic views. He seems to get off on the anti-PC stuff. If you build your career on that then it just shows up how talentless TV land can be as well as how gullable some people actually are.

Sorry guys, well I'm not really, but he's a horrible middle class prick. I loathe the right wing arsehole with his rent a quote golf club prejudice and phoney iconoclasm.

Notice he never has the balls to round on the royals with one of his quips. Horrible long streak of piss. Plus anyone that writes for the sun is a scumbag.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Fordy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Clarkson is a legend

And this type of crap is getting on my nerves now
Fordy

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:06 am

I think it's very shabby to draw attention to a disability that someone has. I don't think that is anything to do with being PC or non-PC it's just unacceptable. For many years the attitude was always that you don't make fun of disabilities or infirmities. I just can't see that it is acceptable to draw attention to the fact that someone has only one eye. It isn't as if it is a personal fault which he could avoid.

We all know that "Jezza" doesn't like Gordon Brown, he has said that before but what does Gordon Brown's disability and race have to do with the reasons that Clarkson doesn't like him? If it's OK for someone to be ridiculed for having one eye then by the same token it must be OK for others to be ridiculed for being deformed or crippled and not for one minute do I belive that would be acceptable. I like Clarkson but he has gone down in my estimation. Not that that will bother him in the slightest.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to TV