curb your enthusiasm

curb your enthusiasm

Postby ozgooner » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:01 am

curb your enthusiasm - is this the best sit-com on telly .... methinks so . for those who may have never have heard of it . it is a fictional show about larry david's life (co-creator of seinfield) . it is very similar to seinfield in that there is always 3 or 4 different stories interwoven into each episode , only a lot more f%%ken swearing and adult themes . jerry seinfield and julia louis dreyfuss have even appeared in a few episodes . i'm sure all our american friends on here have a least heard of it and most probably big fans :clap:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: curb your enthusiasm

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 am

I don't mind CYE but at times it's almost too butt-clenchingly embarassing to be funny.
It's a bit like watching The Office (no coincidence) in that it makes you feel really awkward and uncomfortable.

Much prefer Seinfeld.
Huge huge fan of Seinfeld.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 am

Of the US sitcoms i miss it's got to be Frasier. Intelligent and might i say even slightly aloof comedy at it's best!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby singy21 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:32 pm

i despise frasier...i think it ruins the day on paramount when everybody loves raymond finishes and that starts, i used to like it when i was younger!!

Curb is the second greatest comedy ever, only second to open all hours, larry david is a genius, the was an interview by gervais on him few years back, funny as....

the new serious has been posted to me today from play :)
singy21
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Return to TV