What TV Shows are you watching right now??

Re: What TV Shows are you watching right now??

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:06 pm

LMAO wrote:So I watched the new Chappelle special to see what all the hullabaloo was about. I don't understand the outrage over it. Maybe it's because I'm not terminally online?

............... lol, downloading it now, hopefully its as good as the "Get him cancelled outrage" suggests.

I'm already seeing the Guardian Newspaper headlines going for it about Transgender jokes so that's a good sign.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:10 pm

LMAO wrote:So I watched the new Chappelle special to see what all the hullabaloo was about. I don't understand the outrage over it. Maybe it's because I'm not terminally online?

Admittedly, I haven't really watched the special and all I've seen is a couple of the "controversial" moments but the biggest crime for me is that it was extremely unfunny. He sounded like any other boomer ranting about trans people, and I didn't really understand the punchline. "Gender is a fact" and proclaiming he's a TERF as if that's something brave or funny to say.

I wish people could just ignore this shit and move on with their lives because no one really gives a shit. Instead we now have to have a news cycle about rich and famous people being outraged about what he said and then the equally rich and famous comedians complaining about "cancel culture" while the only real consequence of said cancelling is that they rake in extra millions from the extra publicity.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:28 pm

OK so I will have to admit to relenting and watching Squid Games. It's addictive.

Also Start Up is a good series - cryptocurrency startup drama
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:49 pm

Jedi wrote:

Admittedly, I haven't really watched the special and all I've seen is a couple of the "controversial" moments but the biggest crime for me is that it was extremely unfunny. He sounded like any other boomer ranting about trans people, and I didn't really understand the punchline. "Gender is a fact" and proclaiming he's a TERF as if that's something brave or funny to say.

I wish people could just ignore this shit and move on with their lives because no one really gives a shit. Instead we now have to have a news cycle about rich and famous people being outraged about what he said and then the equally rich and famous comedians complaining about "cancel culture" while the only real consequence of said cancelling is that they rake in extra millions from the extra publicity.

I've just watched it.

You need to watch it before commenting otherwise you miss the context and please, the word "boomer" is such a douche bag word to use lol.

Anyway, not as good as some of his other shows because I feel he spends more time talking about his jokes rather than telling them like he did in his first 4 or so specials however.......

Nothing controversial, he said nothing worse than in any other show, he told how he was actually friends with a Trans comedian who committed suicide when they were attacked on Twitter for sticking up for Dave Chappelle which just goes to prove where all the direction of hate is coming from, disgusting really.

So yes, just the latest storm in a tea cup for certain sections of society to do their moaning and seek attention, nothing to see here really.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Yeah watched it too... it was funny, thought-provoking, sad and pretty much an excellent conversational style show.
Anyone who is offended by it needs to grow the f**k up.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:45 pm

I saw squid games up and wondered what it was and then read a write up saying it’s going to be the next big thing.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Half way through squid game.

Pretty good.

Still got 3 more games to go
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Yeah watched it too... it was funny, thought-provoking, sad and pretty much an excellent conversational style show.

That would be a lot then, the whole of Twitter, the cancerous media and all the PC advocates.

But still as Chappelle says in his sketch ........ "Who cares about Twitter? it's not a real place anyway".

I couldn't agree more.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Rockape wrote:I saw squid games up and wondered what it was and then read a write up saying it’s going to be the next big thing.

Not as good as Alice in borderland tbh.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:56 pm

Wait, is "gender is a fact" supposed to be controversial or something?

Chappelle can never be cancelled, sorry PC brigade.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:48 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wait, is "gender is a fact" supposed to be controversial or something?

tbf that's not even controversial, it's wrong based on current definitions and understanding. I think he confused sex and gender. Sex is biological and gender is social.

The meltdown seems to be focused on him saying he was team TERF. I personally don't have an opinion because I'm not a woman. But from an outside POV, I can understand why there are women who don't see trans women as equal for the same reason black people swerved Rachel Dolezal and Shaun King for trying to be black when they're white and not even half or a quarter black. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the women, only that I can understand that mindset.

imo the most controversial thing he said was Caitlyn Jenner was a great person. I disagree because she's a POS tbh. But he was spot on when he said that women everywhere were spat on when she received that woman of the year award when she was only a woman for a year.

The dude even said he has nothing against the LGBT community, that he was envious of the gay community because they could organize super well to lobby for their interests, and that he sees them as people who also have the right to exist like everyone else. But the Twitter mob is over here acting like Chappelle wants trans people to be refused service in stores and restaurants, fired from their jobs, and rounded up and thrown in prison. They need to learn not to alienate allies or they're going to piss everyone off, and there won't be anyone willing to go to bat with them.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:24 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wait, is "gender is a fact" supposed to be controversial or something?

They do this after every show.

Its a war between the PC and liberal brigade vs Comedians.

Whether we like it or not we've allowed the PC brigade to control our social cues.

Comedians exist to say what they want, even if its offensive to be funny, the PC lot can't handle it.

Even if Chappelles entire sketch is a joke with only sprinkles of his own opinion, nope! not allowed, they're basically ordering that Comedians can't joke about anything they're sensitive about or find offensive.

Netflix is going to come under huge pressure now.

.............. me personally, I think we should dump the word gender altogether and just use "Sex" only male and female assigned in using that vocabullary. :sneaky2:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:18 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Whether we like it or not we've allowed the PC brigade to control our social cues.

Comedians exist to say what they want, even if its offensive to be funny, the PC lot can't handle it.

Even if Chappelles entire sketch is a joke with only sprinkles of his own opinion, nope! not allowed, they're basically ordering that Comedians can't joke about anything they're sensitive about or find offensive.

.............. me personally, I think we should dump the word gender altogether and just use "Sex" only male and female assigned in using that vocabullary. :sneaky2:

Did you see those two women the cameras were fixated on? I think one had blue hair. They were having fun when Chappelle was doing his black and white people jokes, but as soon as he turned to LGBT, they started pouting. Unbelievable how they just proved his point. That Netflix producer knew what he was doing :lol:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:14 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Did you see those two women the cameras were fixated on? I think one had blue hair. They were having fun when Chappelle was doing his black and white people jokes, but as soon as he turned to LGBT, they started pouting. Unbelievable how they just proved his point. That Netflix producer knew what he was doing :lol:

Yes! The looks on their faces was comedy in itself.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:32 am

jayramfootball wrote:

Yep.

Loads of stuff for people to be offended by. It's what Dave Chappelle is all about. I thought the show was funny. Not as funny as some of his other stuff that I've seen, but still funny and even better if some woke snowflakes were offended by it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to TV