Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 am

Some people are never happy and will die that way. Miserable fucks.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Rockape wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Anybody else get a little weirded out seeing Arya's sex scene? :? I almost closed my eyes cause it felt so wrong. She just looks so young still.

Yeah it was a bit awks! What about Sansa and Theon? Has she got a thing for him....cos he hasn’t got a thing for her! :lol:

:lol: Right!

After Ramsey, she deserves a better man. Theon isn't man enough. Although in real life he is an Arsenal fan.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jedi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Pudpop wrote:Well good for you for feeling that way but you can't criticize writing without giving actual reasons. You're welcome to think about it and come back to the discussion but otherwise it's clear that you're being overly critical because of previous season's mistakes.

My advice? Since season 5 GoT has been a show that makes about 2-3 amazing episodes each season with a lot of good to meh episodes in between. Just ignore the ones you find meh and focus on the better ones. Seriously, it's boring as f**k listening to the same complaints each year when everyone knows the exact reason why the writing quality dropped off.

It's not just that the quality dropped off slightly. It is shockingly bad. Here's a rant that sort of encapsulates everything that irks me and plenty more.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Shockingly bad lol

It's been quality. You just don't understand it. It's not for everyone. If people want to find faults in everything in life then so be it.

First 2 episodes were excellent.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:36 pm

It's just an opinion. You guys are arguing over what appeals to each of you. It's like arguing over your favorite color. I always find it funny that some people just can't stand when others don't agree with them. Then they have to be condescending and act like they're the ones that don't get it or understand. Ha! Come on guys, if someone didn't like it so what, do you really need to argue about it?

It's like me saying I don't like the taste of licorice, then someone saying I'm stupid and I just don't understand licorice. WTF!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:43 pm

When you consider that almost everything you watch on TV these days has massive holes in the plot, which makes it difficult to take seriously, I think GOT's has managed to avoid that well. Despite the dialogue which is a bit too modern for the setting, I haven't found fault with any of the plot lines like I do with most things I watch.

Seems there is a lot of talk about the dead already being here....and a lot of mentioning about the Crypt being the safe place to be. Erm.......putting 2 + 2 together and we might see a few old favourites reappear! :shock:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm

StLGooner wrote:Come on guys, if someone didn't like it so what, do you really need to argue about it?

To be fair, yes we do. That's kind of the point of a forum.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Jedi wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Come on guys, if someone didn't like it so what, do you really need to argue about it?

To be fair, yes we do. That's kind of the point of a forum.

Not sure if the point is to argue, especially about silly things like this, but ok carry on.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Rockape wrote:When you consider that almost everything you watch on TV these days has massive holes in the plot, which makes it difficult to take seriously, I think GOT's has managed to avoid that well. Despite the dialogue which is a bit too modern for the setting, I haven't found fault with any of the plot lines like I do with most things I watch.

Seems there is a lot of talk about the dead already being here....and a lot of mentioning about the Crypt being the safe place to be. Erm.......putting 2 + 2 together and we might see a few old favourites reappear! :shock:

Aren't there just statues in the crypt?

I know rickon is there. Did Ned go back? Robb was mutilated
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Swan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 pm

FB_IMG_1556025059715.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Waited 2 year for the worst 2 episodes

:angry:
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockape » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Ach wrote:
Rockape wrote:When you consider that almost everything you watch on TV these days has massive holes in the plot, which makes it difficult to take seriously, I think GOT's has managed to avoid that well. Despite the dialogue which is a bit too modern for the setting, I haven't found fault with any of the plot lines like I do with most things I watch.

Aren't there just statues in the crypt?

I know rickon is there. Did Ned go back? Robb was mutilated

Usually the family would be buried in the crypt, but as you say, not sure if they all made it back in one piece.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:03 pm

I thought you only turn into a wight if you were killed by one, or a white walker? Or is that completely wrong?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:19 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I thought you only turn into a wight if you were killed by one, or a white walker? Or is that completely wrong?

I think it's wrong, cause that's why they always talk about burning the bodies, so the Night King doesn't turn them into a walker. :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:27 pm

Still haven't got on to this series yet, I think I watched half of season 1 and then never bothered after that.

I just didn't see how it could be that good because it used to deviate between so many kingdoms and factions I barely understood who was who.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to TV