Postby Yago » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 am

when self righteousness is your only emotion you're doing something wrong
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:59 am

Just rewatched the episode

Very good as expected. Watching it on the tv rather than phone like last night helped.

First inkling of tension between Jon and Sansa. Littlefinger sure noticed. One to look out for.

Speaking of Jon, the link to Daenrys has started. Dragonglass which hes been looking for in Dragonstone where she is which Samwell is sending word to him about as well as Jorah, being in the Citadel with Samwell. Another link. Reckon Jorah will die this season but not before he takes down a few motherfuckers with him.

Bran back at the wall should hopefully liven up his storyline which lets be honest has been the worst for a while. It was in the books and sure as hell was kin the series. No doubt night watch will send a raven down to Winterfell to Jon who with Sansa will go racing to the Wall to see their long lost brother for their emotional reunion. The world will have tears in their eyes for that. Even more so when they reunite with Arya whos being a bit of a lonewolf but shes with Ed Sheeran and friends now.

As for the white walkers, the books are actually under the heading Song of Fire and Ice. Ice being the white walkers, fire I assume the lord of light and gathering from what the hound saw in the fire, its only a matter of time before they meet. Havent seen the last of Melissandre as well I hope. She will join this fight.

Wonder what "gift" Euron will bring Cersei. Still think when all is said and done, Jaime will be the one who kills Cersei. Adding Euron to this supports my theory as they clearly don't like each other.

All in all, great start and will get better. Doesn't have to be all blood and guts to be a good episode. We got that in the opening scene anyway as we see the last of the Freys. RIP my brethren. Your part in this story will never be forgotten. The red wedding to this day makes me wince.

A thinking mans episode.

Bring on the next episode
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 am

those 1000 ships came with radar apparently

lots of shit nobody cares about like sam and that f***ing stupid forced eunuch romance, bit of fan service again and the f***ing sand snakes I hoped we'd seen the last of. but they killed most of them so that's not all bad
Yago

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:17 am

Show the spoiler
Okay, i'm on board with this. Very fast paced episode, almost too fast, but i liked it much better then the first one. That ending was unexpected but great. Euron single-handedly revided my interest in this show. Daenerys still terrible, now going to meet Jon and i'm afraid for him. Characters she comes to contact with suddenly become boring. She ruined Tyrion for me too.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:20 am

That was a great episode.

Missandei omg
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:31 am

Euron killed my interest in the show. If my girl didn't like it I'd be gone. Books way better.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:04 am

Fenice wrote:Euron killed my interest in the show. If my girl didn't like it I'd be gone. Books way better.

That is almost always the way it goes.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Fenice » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Fenice wrote:Euron killed my interest in the show. If my girl didn't like it I'd be gone. Books way better.

True, but a lot is coming off extremely sloppy now. Think show is being found out without actual George RR Martin material.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Fenice wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

True, but a lot is coming off extremely sloppy now. Think show is being found out without actual George RR Martin material.

So they're making new episodes which aren't based on the author's material?

Not surprised to hear it's going downhill if that's the case.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Yago » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

So they're making new episodes which aren't based on the author's material?

Not surprised to hear it's going downhill if that's the case.

Yes, since last season. He did give them a general idea about how things would go, but the show has basically become something else entirely when they started really diverging from the books around season 4. Didn't go well.
Yago

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah, writing suffered the most, for obvious reasons.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 am

Great episode.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yago » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:09 am

eh, it was better than the previous ones at least

still some dumb stuff and seeing the farce they made of jaime's character is painful
also f**k dany
Yago

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Yago wrote:eh, it was better than the previous ones at least

still some dumb stuff and seeing the farce they made of jaime's character is painful
also f**k dany

What's wrong with Jamie's character? If you mean the fact that he is still following Cersei who is batshit crazy, I'm pretty that's not going to last long.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to TV