Postby Yago » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:18 pm

meh, this wasn't good

not sure where the show went off the rails
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Callum » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:54 pm

The siege of Mereen should have been brought forward to the ending of episode 8 with Arya's story being handled before the battle of the bastards in episode 9. I feel a bit like the epicness of the three dragons f*cking up the masters' ships was lost a bit considering what came afterwards.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Meereen is just the same over and over again. Crappy situation, dany makes speech, people think she's the 2nd coming of Rhllor, yay dragons.
Yago

Postby Callum » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Yago wrote:Meereen is just the same over and over again. Crappy situation, dany makes speech, people think she's the 2nd coming of Rhllor, yay dragons.

It at least feels like it's going somewhere now.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Callum wrote:
Yago wrote:Meereen is just the same over and over again. Crappy situation, dany makes speech, people think she's the 2nd coming of Rhllor, yay dragons.

Yep, looks like she's set to sail. Finally.

You could dislike the script of this episode but directing was so awesome it didn't matter.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TOP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:56 pm

going downhill quickly

the new dexter unfortunately
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:19 pm

TOP wrote:going downhill quickly

Nah, this season has been pretty stellar. Better than the last at least. There's a couple of storylines that have been underwhelming but for the most part it's still been great.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:22 pm

Daeny is f***ing awesome.

Battle of the bastards, I don't know, it was good but could have been better. Predictable in that Sansa saved the day.

No bran again. He's finished.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Callum wrote:
TOP wrote:going downhill quickly

Nah, this season has been pretty stellar. Better than the last at least. There's a couple of storylines that have been underwhelming but for the most part it's still been great.

Yeah much better than last season!
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yago » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Callum wrote:

You could dislike the script of this episode but directing was so awesome it didn't matter.

For me dialogue and characters are more important than action. Jon rushing in alone because bad guy ramsay (predictably) killed his little brother just before him was stupid. Made him look very dumb. LittleFinger saving the day with his Vale army was also 1) something they've done before (Tywin at the Blackwater, Stannis at the wall) 2) was not surprising at all. It just felt repetitive and underwhelming.
Yago

Postby TOP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:09 pm

What's so good about this season? The mystery, dialogue and interesting plot theories get shattered for generic and predictable storytelling. Everything in todays episode was easily predicted.
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Yago wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
Callum wrote:

For me dialogue and characters are more important than action. Jon rushing in alone because bad guy ramsay (predictably) killed his little brother just before him was stupid. Made him look very dumb. LittleFinger saving the day with his Vale army was also 1) something they've done before (Tywin at the Blackwater, Stannis at the wall) 2) was not surprising at all. It just felt repetitive and underwhelming.

I agree that the series are on the decline and have been predictable lately but maybe that's because we're reaching to the end. I don't see a lot of twists remaining until the very end, we're not getting any good dialogues anyway so I'll take the all action I can.

They seriously need to stop late cavalry attack though.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dubs4Sam » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:22 am

It is getting very Hollywood Predictions but as a book reader of GOT - I say fook it let them go Hollywood on it - the detail in which GRRM writes will be like approaching it brand new when he gets his fat lazy arse to finish them - the more they leave out the better it will be for us readers.

TV is for the big battle scenes the book are for the intrigue and manoeuvring and danger he puts his characters in.

The Battle of the Bastards was awesome whoever slates that don't realise that this is not the cinema its TV.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 am

Show the spoiler
Winterfell allegedly one hell of a castle gets overrun by a dozen men and a big dude

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to TV