Setanta Safe?

Setanta Safe?

Postby djaxster » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 pm

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 458205.ece

Looks like they get to live another day but apparently they are still 150 million short of what they have got to pay out...
I really do love Setanta as they do not charge PPV although after all this they may have to.. What i do'nt like is that if you got Sky you have to pay whilst some Virgin users get it for free.
They have bought us The Special One and have bought in a whole new breed of UFC fans as well. And the great Asrenal tv. so i hope they stay.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Setanta Safe?

Postby gzagee » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 pm

The Golf academies have been a big addition for me lately.
UFC live is great. Didn't always get to watch it on Bravo. And it was something like 2 weeks late.
The boxing more than anything is a massive plus point. Watched some great fights which, had they been on Sky I would defo have been paying a premium.

Hope they don't go PPV, although as you say DJ they might have to.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Setanta Safe?

Postby djaxster » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:55 pm

So do i mate. I first got in touch with them to see a Joe calsagie fight and got a really good deal with them i think i got 3 months free.. Apparently they need another90,000 viwers to sign so they can break even...Well stop showing it for free on Virgin....I'm sure those peeps out there like you Gza would stump up £10-£11 a month to watch the boxing, UFC, Scottish and siome premier games aswell as golf.... When you think SkySports costs about £30 per month and all you get on that is shitty WWE repeated 4 times a day and that t**t Andy f***ing Gray. The only thing i like about SSports in the fit birds on SSnews.
But as you say Gza ppv on Setanta may have to be the way...
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to TV