The Connecticut Haunting

Re: The Connecticut Haunting

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 pm

I didn't mean a film has to have tons of gore and guts to be a horror. As GES can attest to I am quite the horror fan (I used to send him links to film sites) but this is a film made for everyone. When I say its not a horror that is not a slight, I'd class it more in the Chiller mould than as an outright horror.

Look at all the recent "horrors", they are either gorefests or pathetic PG13 shite that wouldn't scare a baby.

Its only indie filmmakers who seem to know how to make a good horror film these days. =(
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:04 am

Fabrestuta wrote:I didn't mean a film has to have tons of gore and guts to be a horror. As GES can attest to I am quite the horror fan (I used to send him links to film sites) but this is a film made for everyone. When I say its not a horror that is not a slight, I'd class it more in the Chiller mould than as an outright horror.

Look at all the recent "horrors", they are either gorefests or pathetic PG13 shite that wouldn't scare a baby.

Its only indie filmmakers who seem to know how to make a good horror film these days. =(

I know what you're saying about the difference between "horror" and "chiller"

Also, it does only seem to be independents that make anything halfway scary anymore yeah. I say that in relative terms though, since there hasn't been a genuinely scary film made in a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time sadly. I think the last movie that even came close to freaking me out was Event Horizon, although that was a different kind of scared. The Eye had it's moments, but you really have to go back to the 80's for the last classic horror movie.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I didn't mean a film has to have tons of gore and guts to be a horror. As GES can attest to I am quite the horror fan (I used to send him links to film sites) but this is a film made for everyone. When I say its not a horror that is not a slight, I'd class it more in the Chiller mould than as an outright horror.

I know what you're saying about the difference between "horror" and "chiller"

Also, it does only seem to be independents that make anything halfway scary anymore yeah. I say that in relative terms though, since there hasn't been a genuinely scary film made in a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time sadly. I think the last movie that even came close to freaking me out was Event Horizon, although that was a different kind of scared. The Eye had it's moments, but you really have to go back to the 80's for the last classic horror movie.

Event Horizon was fairly freak worthy alright. The last film that really flipped me out was The last house on the left (the original). Left me with a rather unpleasant feeling to be honest.
The Japanese make some really good (and scary horror films), the original version of The Ring sent shivers up my spine, and Battle Royale is one of my favourite films of all time.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:29 am

I didnt really like battle Royal tbh.. I mean dont get me wrong it was orite but nothing like some people make it out to be.

Anyway. Im gonna try go see this film today so I shall report back with my findings!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 pm

The Connecituit Haunting

Easily one of the best horror films I've seen in the past five years.
And I think whats mainly to do with this was the fact that it actually had a great storyline,which cleverly unfolded throughout the film and the ending even made sense,unlike a lot of other horror films where they just rush it and make an arse of it.

Not to mention the fact that I was scared shitless throughout. There were some seriously jumpy moments combined with others that just made you shit yourself by watching it.

Honestly. Any horror fan needs to see this film at the pictures.

Its a must see
:clap:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Its only PG 13, I wouldn't exactly class it as a horror.

Just because its not an 18 or 15 dosnt automatically make it a decent horror film.
Its only probably a PG13 becuase theres no naked chicked running about and the violence isn't that gory.

Agreed mate. Most "horror" movies these days overcompensate by piling on the gore. The old style movies that provide genuine scares are few and far between these days, sadly.

Truedat mate. These days most horror film makers seem to think that tons of gore = scary film,when really its probably the opposite becuase it becomes more of a comedy instead!

Anyway. I just saw an advert for it and its a 15. So he was spouting sheeeeeiiite!

:lol:

Well, there've been loads of class horrors rated 15.

John Carpenter's classic "The Fog" springs to mind :thumbsup:

The Fog?? Brrrrrrr!! Sends a wee chill down me spine! :hiding:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:I didnt really like battle Royal tbh.. I mean dont get me wrong it was orite but nothing like some people make it out to be.

Battle Royale wasn't supposed to be "scary" because of violence, it was freaky because all the actors were supposed to be 14/15 year olds. In that regard I think its quite brilliant.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Libertine » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:55 am

I thought Battle Royale was brilliant.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Films