Goonies 2

Goonies 2

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Why why why why why!

This is with the original cast as adults.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/FI9ipfdcuX8Dca

Here is one link, any google search will give you more.

If they are going to remake any 80's classic do "Big Trouble in Little China", that is crying out for a sequel, this should be left alone.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Goonies 2

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm inclined to agree with you mate (also about Big Trouble in Little China - what a classic!), but Donner and Speilberg are both on board for Goonies 2. Add that to the original cast, and they may just pull it off.

Here's hoping, Goonies is THE 80's movie :D
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Most people think Speilberg destroyed Indiana Jones (although i liked it), so he may mess up again.

Speilberg has been very hit and miss for me as a director since Jurassic park. Minority report, Indiana Jones and Catch me if you can were good, Saving Private Ryan was amazing but The Terminal, AI, War of the Worlds were awful and other films he has been associated with like Eagle Eye have been poor too. He doesn't instill me with much confidence any more.

Good god i just read that Jurassic park 4 is being made too.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Most people think Speilberg destroyed Indiana Jones (although i liked it), so he may mess up again.

Speilberg has been very hit and miss for me as a director since Jurassic park. Minority report, Indiana Jones and Catch me if you can were good, Saving Private Ryan was amazing but The Terminal, AI, War of the Worlds were awful and other films he has been associated with like Eagle Eye have been poor too. He doesn't instill me with much confidence any more.

they really have run out of ideas
Fordy

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 pm

This may seem like a bit of a desperate turn from a director out of ideas, but if you've watched the commentary on the Goonies dvd (yes, I am a film geek), you'll know that Donner and Speilberg have been onboard and looking for a backer for the sequel for some years now.

Apparently they have a script and story that was good enough to get the original cast back together (don't forget that the likes of Sean Astin and Josh Brolin have gone on to very successful careers and can cherry pick their roles), so there is a degree of hope with this project :sundae:

By the way, I thought AI and War of the Worlds were brilliant ;)
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby damo1583 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:20 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Most people think Speilberg destroyed Indiana Jones (although i liked it), so he may mess up again.

Wouldnt mind his bank balance!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Films