General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: General Movie Discussion Thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:55 pm

themessiah wrote:Eternals. Very much meh tbf. On the bottom end of MCU movies with the likes of Iron Man 2 , Thor The Dark World , Age of ultron.

The mid-credits scene? whatever…

That end credits scene though! Dang!! .Awesome scene. Plus After end game, Marvel was alsway going to struggle a bit with the current phase. Shang-Chi was great , but them and The Eternals. Are not that known by the causal film watcher. Onto Spider-Man and Doctor Strange which will land.

I don't get all the negativity?

I had covid so I had to watch it on a shtty pirate copy (not through choice) and I was still entertained.

I thought it was great.

Its weird the critics hate it but the fans gave it 81%.

I think its such a great set up for Marvel cosmic characters and Pip the Troll? ........... has to get a thumbs up from me, the guy is funnier than Rocket Racoon.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:00 pm

Eternals booked for tomorrow. Haven't read anything about it. Can't wait
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
themessiah wrote:Eternals. Very much meh tbf. On the bottom end of MCU movies with the likes of Iron Man 2 , Thor The Dark World , Age of ultron.

The mid-credits scene? whatever…

That end credits scene though! Dang!! .Awesome scene. Plus After end game, Marvel was alsway going to struggle a bit with the current phase. Shang-Chi was great , but them and The Eternals. Are not that known by the causal film watcher. Onto Spider-Man and Doctor Strange which will land.

I don't get all the negativity?

I had covid so I had to watch it on a shtty pirate copy (not through choice) and I was still entertained.

I thought it was great.

Its weird the critics hate it but the fans gave it 81%.

I think its such a great set up for Marvel cosmic characters and Pip the Troll? ........... has to get a thumbs up from me, the guy is funnier than Rocket Racoon.

Maybe…I am being too harsh…might give it a rewatch again in a fortnight or once if is on Disney plus. My issue was …Thats always been an issue with the eternals even in the comics. On paper the lore and intergalactic politics that exist with them is cool. But there is wayyy to much going on with them to catch general audience let alone comic readers. The same thing occurred with the inhumans. But I did like the end credit scene ..tbf. Show the spoiler
Blade’s first appearance could be interesting, positioning him as a loner just taking out random vampires without seeing the bigger picture. Would love to the MCU Blade have a similar arc where he realizes he can do more good by having a long term strategy
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:35 pm

Tbf I am not used to seeing Pip the Troll being with Show the spoiler
Eros when infact he is friends with Adam Warlock and Drax in comics. And what about a Rocket Racoon, Howard the Duck, Pip the Troll, Cosmo the Spacedog, squirrel girl, & Cosmic Ghost Rider team up series on Disney plus?. Bcs why the hell not?
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:25 am

Loved it.

Seeing Rob stark and Jon snow together on screen for the first time since season 1 Game of Thrones was epic.

Surprised Jolie or Hayek weren't the main characters. Pleasantly surprised.

The valet Bollywood actor was awesome. He's massive in India so that's them hooked.

Did get confused a bit. Knew nothing about Eternals before the film. Know nothing about pip or Harry Styles character.

End credit scene, I know he plays a superhero. Moonknight? Black Knight? Are they the same character? No idea whose voice it was at the end

All in all, enjoyable movie. Best since Shang Chi. Marvel does it again.

But now comes the big one. Spider-Man. Whole world awaits.

The excitement builds.

Saw the trailer for Hawkeye series before the film. Coming in 2 weeks on Disney plus. Can't wait.

Truly is a golden age
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:40 am

Ach wrote:Loved it.

Seeing Rob stark and Jon snow together on screen for the first time since season 1 Game of Thrones was epic.

The valet Bollywood actor was awesome. He's massive in India so that's them hooked.

Did get confused a bit. Knew nothing about Eternals before the film. Know nothing about pip or Harry Styles character.

End credit scene, I know he plays a superhero. Moonknight? Black Knight? Are they the same character? No idea whose voice it was at the end

The excitement builds.

Saw the trailer for Hawkeye series before the film. Coming in 2 weeks on Disney plus. Can't wait.

Truly is a golden age

Voice at the end was Mahershala Ali who's going to be the new Blade.

Pip the Troll is an obscure character but he's fkin amazing, so glad he's made it to the screen, he's hilarious in the comics.
Harry plays Star Fox (Aka Eros) who's Thano's brother, basically he can make people fall in love with him, he's basically like cupid.

I'm gutted I didn't watch it in the Cinema but I had Covid so had to watch a crappy pirate download, I could go this week but I'm working every day.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:40 pm

Ach wrote:Loved it.

The excitement builds.

Truly is a golden age

It Truly is a golden age
Spiderman comes out 2 days before the rest of the world in the UK on the 15th of December. Long live the queen. Also NEW SPIDERMAN TRAILER TOMORROW LETS f***ing GO
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:05 pm

Don't need to see the trailer tbh.

Already pissed I saw the previous one. Has completely ruined what would've been an epic surprising moment.

Already know I'm watching this. No need for a trailer to sell it to me
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:40 pm

I'll watch it but Spiderman is my least favourite Marvel character, never liked him tbf even when I was a kid.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:31 am

Will watch for Zendaya
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:11 am

Just hoping the new Kids Ghostbusters is better than the Female Ghostbusters.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Just hoping the new Kids Ghostbusters is better than the Female Ghostbusters.

Someone I know posted on FB that they went to an early screening and they said it was legit one of the best movies they've seen in ages.

He's a GB fan so I don't know if he was over exaggerating but it seems that its good regardless.

Tbh just from the trailers you can tell this is much better quality than the previous female movie which looked trash.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Tickets booked for Spider-Man. 15th December.

Opening night

Will watch all Maguire and Garfield ones before that to refresh the memory as well as the animated one.

Lol just realized Arsenal v West Ham that night. Spider-Man takes priority
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Ach wrote:Tickets booked for Spider-Man. 15th December.

Opening night

Will watch all Maguire and Garfield ones before that to refresh the memory as well as the animated one.

Lol just realized Arsenal v West Ham that night. Spider-Man takes priority

I'll go on the 17th.

I'm working on the 15th and have my works doo on the 16th, actually just remembered, I've booked the 16th off so I might get the late showing on the 15th after work hmmm.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:33 pm

Met and spoke to Tom Holland today

He's smaller than I thought. He was in black Spider-Man costume with the mask off doing promo work
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Films