General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:11 am

themessiah wrote:It'll be disappointing if Endgame doesn't break Avatar's box office record.

If this doesn't then quite frankly it won't be possible.

How much hype does a film need to have to break that movies box office record, I mean I understand at the time its CGI and 3D effects were a first of its kind but seriously ...............
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 am

Endgame is over 3 hours long. f**k Yes. .
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
themessiah wrote:It'll be disappointing if Endgame doesn't break Avatar's box office record.

How much hype does a film need to have to break that movies box office record, I mean I understand at the time its CGI and 3D effects were a first of its kind but seriously ...............
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

. You are right Avengers End Game will beat Titanic and Avatar and become the highest grossing movie of all time. Every theater I've checked has every showtime sold out.
Will go see it on Monday good luck to whoever is seeing it on Friday.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 am

He's Out There.

Mum takes two daughters to remote lakeside cabin. Axe-wielding psycho decides to have some fun.

Throwback to 80s horrors. If you like the old Jason or Halloween films like me you'll enjoy it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:34 am

themessiah wrote:Endgame is over 3 hours long. f**k Yes. .

Not long enough tbh

Need to get through these 2 days of work hassle free and then 3 day weekend. Friday to watch. The other 2 days to mourn and celebrate our fallen heroes
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Ach wrote:
themessiah wrote:Endgame is over 3 hours long. f**k Yes. .

Not long enough tbh

Need to get through these 2 days of work hassle free and then 3 day weekend. Friday to watch. The other 2 days to mourn and celebrate our fallen heroes

Its time.

In 1.5 hours from now I will be in the Cinema.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Best film I've ever seen

10/10

Can't wait to watch it tonight
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 pm

Ach wrote:Best film I've ever seen

10/10

Can't wait to watch it tonight

?

Have you seen it twice then?

Yes I just came back a hour ago, absolutely excellent is so many ways, pretty magical, the 3hrs flew by, such expert film making for so many moving parts.

Mental ending.

Going to be strange seeing where the Avengers go from here but change can be good, this lot gave us their all for 10 years.

Theatre was applauding at the end.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:13 am

Just got home.

Seen it the once

Probably go again tomorrow night

I've always said perfection doesn't exist. Well it does now. The greatest movie I've ever seen. Literally nothing wrong with it from start to finish. Hit all the emotions. 10 years in the making, it all came down to this. What an ending.

Thank you Stan Lee.

Where they go from here, I do not know but they answered a lot of questions many of us had and Marvel will rise to the challenge of being the greatest thing ever seen in entertainment history.

The question of greatest villain ever has been put to bed

Greatest hero ever as well

Show the spoiler
Tony Stark....wow....absolute tears when he died. Absolute legend and he will never be forgotten by all those who have watched the last 10 years

Show the spoiler
No more Captain America either. He got his happy ending and was thrilled for him. Falcom becoming Captain America is intriguing

Show the spoiler
Thor was hilarious. Not sure if we'll see him again either but of the big 3 hes likely to return as hes with the GOTG. Will he be in GOTG 3?

Show the spoiler
Black Widow :crybaby: Didn't expect that at all. They played us well with talk of her having her own film. Unless its a prequel Hawkeye was awesome. After a bit part showing in previous films he took centre stage here. Ant Man brought the comedy and how. Hulk/Bruce is a legend

Show the spoiler
Best part was when they all came back to face Thanos army

Needs to come out on DVD/Blu Ray/Video Cassettes asap
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:49 am

Yeah have to agree, best movie I've ever seen, right up there with the Godfather and the big classics, as far as an epic in its genre its no1 and its so far no1 it beats almost if not every other film ever quite frankly.

No franchise comes close.

They got so much on point its ridiculous, the laughs, the lows, the highs, its like the best from every Marvel movie all in one film and dialled up to 10.

One quote I saw today pretty much caps it .............

If Infinity war is the best villain movie ending, then Endgame is the best Hero movie ending.

PS - your spoliers aren't working, only the first paragraph
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:26 am

I cannot believe what I’ve seen and need to see it again. What a movie. My girlfriend even liked it. Marvel is the benchmark.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah have to agree, best movie I've ever seen, right up there with the Godfather and the big classics, as far as an epic in its genre its no1 and its so far no1 it beats almost if not every other film ever quite frankly.

No franchise comes close.

They got so much on point its ridiculous, the laughs, the lows, the highs, its like the best from every Marvel movie all in one film and dialled up to 10.

One quote I saw today pretty much caps it .............

If Infinity war is the best villain movie ending, then Endgame is the best Hero movie ending.

PS - your spoliers aren't working, only the first paragraph

Better than godfather tbh. Different types of film obviously but you are never emotionally attached to any godfather character as we aren't to the one side in this.

Can't disagree with the quote.

As for the spoilers thing, no idea why it's like that. Didn't the same thing for all. Think you might have to quote the message and read it
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:15 pm

Fenice wrote:I cannot believe what I’ve seen and need to see it again. What a movie. My girlfriend even liked it. Marvel is the benchmark.

God help the rest of movies fornthe rest of time.

Tickets booked for tonight. Different cinema. Different people. Tears will be the same.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Ach wrote:
Fenice wrote:I cannot believe what I’ve seen and need to see it again. What a movie. My girlfriend even liked it. Marvel is the benchmark.

God help the rest of movies fornthe rest of time.

Tickets booked for tonight. Different cinema. Different people. Tears will be the same.

I’m so excited to see it again. Hoping sometime next week. I’m seeing it with other people as well. Everyone needs to see this movie.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Films