General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Fenice » Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Va, Black Panther had one of the most simpathetic villains in the last few years. Not sure why the hate. Disappointed.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Because he was terrible in it.

Funny thing is he's been good in a couple movies I've seen (Creed and Fruitvale Station) yet he bombed a superhero movie.

Lol
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Fenice » Wed May 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Man you’re rough, I thought he was extremely sympathetic.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yago » Wed May 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Btw Black Panther has to be among the most overrated movies of all time.

Really feel it was propped up by all the racial issues in America and people tried to make it seem like the film was something deep and significant, as if it's a cultural movement.

None of the characters were likeable apart from his sister and the leader of that gorilla tribe. Fight scenes were also trash.

Don't know how it got so much hype but it definitely had a lot to do with the Black Power theme and all black cast.

Not close to Marvel's best.

Also Michael B Jordan is easily the worst ever "villain", it was like watching someone do a bad impression of an LA gangster, so corny.

Couldn't take him seriously.

Well yes, a blockbuster being able to have a majority black cast and succeed is very encouraging in itself. No idea about your criticisms since I didn't watch it (not interested) but it's a superhero movie so it being a generic flawed film is kind of to be expected.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Ach » Wed May 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Not interested in watching it?

Not a film fan?

Fair enough
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Yago » Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 am

jesus christ cripps how did you manage 3000+ posts in 3 months

Not interested because I've seen enough of them to know they don't do anything for me.
Yago

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 12:08 am

Less than 30 a day which is nothing tbh

Fair enough.

Away from Marvel films, the last few films ive seen are

Daddys Home 2 - As good as the first, great ending. Ferrell and Wahlberg at their best 10/10
Jumanji - The Rock does it again. Only a matter of time before hes called up to the big leagues and stars in a Marvel film. He'll have made it then but as of now hes great in this. Karen Gilian wow. Jack Black as good as ever 10/10
Pitch perfect 3 - Not as good as the first, better than the third. Great song at the end which the 2nd didn't have a great way to end the story. Anna Kendrick damnnnn 8/10
Wonder - Never heard of it. Decided to watch it. Pulled at my heart strings. Just finished that now. Eyes are watery. Based on a true story which I'm always a fan of. 9/10

Next I'm going through the Star Wars movies in order which ive never done before in anticipation for Solo film
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 2:56 am

Idk about Rock and Marvel. Think he was just cast as Black Adam, from DC.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu May 10, 2018 4:05 am

Only Tom Hardy can save Marvel.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Fenice wrote:Ant Man was surprisingly good. Saw on a flight because it was the only thing I hadn’t seen already. Was shocked how good it ended up being.

Ms. Marvel, well you’ve seen how strong Thor is now? Stronger. Also, small tiny comic book hint. That axe Thor is wielding, it wasn’t supposed to be for him.... cannot wait. My body is ready Marvel, have at me.

Tbh I don't know how they've gotten around to Captain Marvel being stronger than Thor, not sure if they've said that just for the MCU or if they've made it that way in today's comics as well but back in the day ............ Thor would whip dat ass.

Even Cap Marvel's predecessor the original Captain Marvell couldn't beat Thor.

Storm Breaker is supposed to be for Beta Ray Bill, only hint of him so far was his face sculpted into the Grandmaster's tower and an alien that looked like him in the Collecter's place.

Looks like their going to be doing Adam Warlock in GOTG 3 as well.

Tbh when I was younger and used to read comics I never in a million ever thought we'd see the likes of Gamora, Drax, Mantis, Cap Marvel etc on the big screen and done this well.

Its like having the Thunder Cats or He-Man becoming a world wide Cinema phenomena, its great.

Only one I found a massive let down (apart from DC) is Transformers, they've really not got the great feel of the cartoons.

Marvels done it properly, Fox hmmm not bad but should be Marvel standards (Apocalypse was pretty poor) although Wolverines last film was done really well, also like Deadpools.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu May 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Btw Black Panther has to be among the most overrated movies of all time.

Really feel it was propped up by all the racial issues in America and people tried to make it seem like the film was something deep and significant, as if it's a cultural movement.

None of the characters were likeable apart from his sister and the leader of that gorilla tribe. Fight scenes were also trash.

Don't know how it got so much hype but it definitely had a lot to do with the Black Power theme and all black cast.

Not close to Marvel's best.

Also Michael B Jordan is easily the worst ever "villain", it was like watching someone do a bad impression of an LA gangster, so corny.

Couldn't take him seriously.

Have you watched Get Out?

If so, what are your thoughts?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Only Tom Hardy can save Marvel.

Va is delusional.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 12:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:Ant Man was surprisingly good. Saw on a flight because it was the only thing I hadn’t seen already. Was shocked how good it ended up being.

Ms. Marvel, well you’ve seen how strong Thor is now? Stronger. Also, small tiny comic book hint. That axe Thor is wielding, it wasn’t supposed to be for him.... cannot wait. My body is ready Marvel, have at me.

Tbh I don't know how they've gotten around to Captain Marvel being stronger than Thor, not sure if they've said that just for the MCU or if they've made it that way in today's comics as well but back in the day ............ Thor would whip dat ass.

Even Cap Marvel's predecessor the original Captain Marvell couldn't beat Thor.

Storm Breaker is supposed to be for Beta Ray Bill, only hint of him so far was his face sculpted into the Grandmaster's tower and an alien that looked like him in the Collecter's place.

Looks like their going to be doing Adam Warlock in GOTG 3 as well.

Tbh when I was younger and used to read comics I never in a million ever thought we'd see the likes of Gamora, Drax, Mantis, Cap Marvel etc on the big screen and done this well.

Its like having the Thunder Cats or He-Man becoming a world wide Cinema phenomena, its great.

Only one I found a massive let down (apart from DC) is Transformers, they've really not got the great feel of the cartoons.

Marvels done it properly, Fox hmmm not bad but should be Marvel standards (Apocalypse was pretty poor) although Wolverines last film was done really well, also like Deadpools.

Oh I’m gonna debate you on the Thor/Captain Marvel front, because Thor had his ass whooped by Sentry pretty handily. He needed a full team. Not gonna discuss Thanos because I don’t want to move ahead of the movies.

I absolutely never thought I’d see the likes of Marvel comics on the big screen. Never. To feel like a kid again, to see Thor light up the sky and ground like the god he is, and shout bring me Thanos, seriously when I get the blu Ray I’m going to have it on loop. I legitimately felt like a kid in theatre with my heroes in front of me saving the world. It’s like no other movie going experience.

Adam Warlock was so important, and he didn’t even make a showing, so I’m not sure how they write him. Have to wait and see.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Fenice wrote:Oh I’m gonna debate you on the Thor/Captain Marvel front, because Thor had his ass whooped by Sentry pretty handily. He needed a full team. Not gonna discuss Thanos because I don’t want to move ahead of the movies.

That's because everyone has their ass handed to them by Sentry as Marvel tried to turn him into their version of Superman which was lame as fk, Marvel already has heroes who can dunce Superman so why they felt the need to copy & paste was a bit embarrassing.

Also you do know it was Thor who killed Sentry right?

Main point is Cap Marvel loses to Sentry anyway so that doesn't make Cap Marv > Thor?

Silver Surfer & Thor are Marvel's traditional Heavy weights
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I wish I had read the comics now
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Films